Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kaiju's Chaos Renegades (and other things)

Chaos Space Marines Chaos Renegades Work In Progress Conversion

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Zebulon

Zebulon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts
  • Faction: Several
He looks awesome :tu:
  • Kaiju Soze likes this

Kaiju Soze

Kaiju Soze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Renegades, Space Wolves

He looks awesome thumbsup.gif

Thank you.  Aside from the quibble about the exhaust, I'm really happy with how he's turned out.

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
  • Faction: Necrons
He looks great! I went back a few posts but perhaps not far enough, but how did you shape the greenstuff to get this corrugated look? Did you shape each "ripple" manually?

Ah, I guess you rolled it - with the wire inside - on top of some kind of textured roller, is that it?

Edited by Miek, 15 December 2020 - 10:52 AM.

• Kaiju Soze likes this

Kaiju Soze

Kaiju Soze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

He looks great! I went back a few posts but perhaps not far enough, but how did you shape the greenstuff to get this corrugated look? Did you shape each "ripple" manually?

Ah, I guess you rolled it - with the wire inside - on top of done kind of textured roller, is that it?

Greenstuffworld's roll maker, it's a set of 6 paired plates with different sized ridges on each pair (plus pieces to hold the plates in place). All of these were made with the large ridges, the top arm was then flattened out a bit to create the segmented look.
  • Miek likes this

Surreal Cruelty

Surreal Cruelty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts

The tendrils and the Warsmith turned out great!  Look forward to seeing him painted.

As for the exhaust...hmm.  Maybe more tendrils with just connections at the end?

Edited by Surreal Cruelty, 18 December 2020 - 10:18 PM.

• Kaiju Soze likes this

Kaiju Soze

Kaiju Soze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

The tendrils and the Warsmith turned out great!  Look forward to seeing him painted.

As for the exhaust...hmm.  Maybe more tendrils with just connections at the end?

Thank you.  I'm currently thinking (because I've been too busy with work) about using one of the smaller heads off the chaos vehicle sprue, cutting the lower jaw off and placing it over the tendril.  I'm a little wary of adding too many tendrils, it's something that would be easy to go overboard on.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,124 posts
  • Faction: Stygian Lords

Those berzerker conversions with the Corpse Grinder heads are inspired. I'd assumed they'd be too small for a Marine body. Might have to nick that at some point, even if just for a character.

Dragonlover

• Kaiju Soze likes this

Kaiju Soze

Kaiju Soze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

Those berzerker conversions with the Corpse Grinder heads are inspired. I'd assumed they'd be too small for a Marine body. Might have to nick that at some point, even if just for a character.

Dragonlover

It's a legitimate concern, so I ordered a single head and chaos marine torso from Bitzbox to do a test run first.  I'd expected to have to do a little more work, but it turns out not really.  Only the aspiring champion needed some extra filling in on the neck to get the head seated properly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chaos Space Marines, Chaos, Renegades, Work In Progress, Conversion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users