=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels Elites Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

gallery_62972_10568_56641.jpg

gallery_62972_10568_1865.jpg Elites Stratagem

Welcome to the Blood Angels Elites! You have one week to vow, build, and complete more points that the Black Templars.

A vow is made by posting in this thread with a starting photo and using the following template:

I [insert name here] rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build [insert units here] for a combined total of [insert PL here] on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the [blood Angels/Black Templars Faction], whilst failure is not an option...

To complete a vow, state it as being complete and post a photo showing the completed build and undercoat applied.

For the full set of rules, please check your Faction's event thread.

Blood Angels - Current points total

• 344 points (294 base, 50 bonus)

Blood Angels - Roll of Honour

The following list details all the participants and the points acquired:

• Arkaniss - VAS (jump packs) - 8 PL - 8 points awarded*
  • Bluejay Junior - Dreadnought, Furioso Dreadnought, VAS (with jump packs) - 24 PL - 24 points awarded
  • Dont-Be-Haten - Sanguinary Ancient - 6 PL - 6 points awarded
  • Ekfud - Company Ancient (jump pack), Company Champion (jump pack), Sanguinary Novitae (jump pack) - 13 PL - 13 points awarded** ** **
  • Jolemai - Sicaran - 14 PL - 14 points awarded
  • Kaese - Death Company, Death Company (jump packs), Furioso Dreadnought - 34 PL - 34 points awarded *
  • Majkhel - Assault Terminators, Contemptor Dreadnought - 19 PL - 19 points awarded*
  • Makhel - Death Company Dreadnought - 9 PL - 9 points awarded
  • Majkhel - Company Veterans - 8 PL - 8 points awarded*
  • Mcrat - Death Company (jump packs) - 18 PL - 18 points awarded*
  • Paladin777 - Sanguinary Ancient, Sanguinary Guard - 14 PL - 14 points awarded
  • RelentlessPursuit - Company Ancient (jump pack) - 4 PL - 4 points awarded*
  • Reyner - Death Company (jump packs), Death Company Dreadnought, Terminator Squad - 30 PL - 30 points awarded
  • robofish7591 - Furioso Dreadnought - 9 PL - 9 points awarded*
  • sfPanzer - Primaris Ancient - 5 PL - 5 points awarded*
  • Spagunk - Primaris Ancient, Sternguard, VAS (jump packs]) - 26 PL - 26 points awarded * *
  • Spyros - Contemptor Dreadnought - 8 PL - 8 points awarded
  • toaee - Agressors - 6 PL
  • Thoridon - Company Veterans x2 - 16 PL - 16 points awarded** **
  • Thoridon Company Veterans - 8 PL - 8 points awarded**
  • Xenith - Primaris Ancient - 5 PL - 5 points awarded*
  • Zebulon - VAS (jump packs) - 8 PL - 8 points awarded*
  • Zebulon - Company Veterans - 8 PL - 8 points awarded*

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Relic Sicaran Battle Tank for a combined total of 14 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_62972_9848_1652.jpg

I, Zebulon rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a 5-man Vanguard Veteran Squad, with jump packs for a combined total of 8PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_61569_14238_493295.jpg

If I get this done, I have a second vow I may make...

I paladin777, first of his name rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one sanguinary ancient and a squad of 4 sanguinary guard for a combined total of 14 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

med_gallery_95687_14231_117177.jpeg

I, toaae, rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build an Aggressors unit for a combined total of 6PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Aggs

I BluejayJunior rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one 5-man Vanguard Veteran squad with jumppacks, a furioso dreadnought, and a dreadnough for a combined total of 24 power level on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

Pre VanVets

Pre dreadnought

Pre furioso

I, Ekfud, rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Company Ancient, Company Champion and Sanguinary Novitiate on or before 2359 UTC March 12 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels. 

Elite bits

*Power level from Codex will be Ancient (4), Champion (3), Novitiate (3) = 10 PL

However, will be adding magnetised jump packs, which under index will be...

Ancient (+1), Champion (+1), Novitiate (+1) = 13PL

**Company banner had an attempt at priming earlier - this will be sitting in simple green while the bodies get assembled. 

I Majkhel rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one 5-man Assault Terminator squad and a Contemptor Dreadnought for a combined total of 19 power level on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_105306_14251_262661.jpg

I Mcrat rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 10 Death Company with Jump Packs for a combined total of 18 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

NuUMLqQ.jpg

I Thoridon rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2x units of 3 Company Veterans for a combined total of 16 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018.

I think I'm right here with the PL total. The base unit is 3 PL for a sergeant and veteran, then +5 for up to 3 more with no distinguishing between 1 and 3. I was going to just build a unit of 5 but as I'll be using them to act as bodyguards for our foot characters I'm thinking 2 separate squads of 3 will work well for that.

I've got these kits ready to put bits together:

jyCkYMg.jpg

Probably going to use mostly Tac Squad bodies and then plunder the other kits for weapons and extra bits. Right now I'm thinking they'll all be on foot (no jump packs, for future proofing) and a storm bolter each for efficiency - that'll be the tough bit, might have to look around other old sprues and boxes to find some! Then I figure the Sergeant of each can have a melee upgrade while the normal veterans stay with a chainsword to act as wound interceptors.

Update: Units built.

iJZZJ0W.jpg

5 of the legs and bodies are from the BA Tac Squad kit, with one sergeant having a set of DC legs. Arms are from a mix of Tac Squad and DC while the storm bolters were scavenged from multiple boxes. Shoulder pads were again all off Tac Squad / DC sprues and the chainswords were all DC. I decided to have two of them wielding the chainsword, the other two with it mag-clipped to the back of their pack.

My contemptor is practically finished. I'm really happy with how it came out :smile.:
His torso can rotate on a magnet. The arms (magnetized as well) also have some movement. Plus I'll be able o switch Kheres to MultiMelta.
med_gallery_105306_14251_931173.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_168111.jpg

Now to the Terminators.

I robofish7591 rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Furioso Dreadnought for a total of 9 power levels on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018.  Success will bring honor to the Lamenters and the Blood Angels faction, whilst failure is not an option...

Furioso dreadnought vow

Hah... I am being 'strongly encouraged' to get my airbrush off the dining table after it being out the last 2 weeks. 

On the plus side, I'll have the 3 elites done on accelerated schedule. 

On the down side, I'm less likely to be taking part in the next couple of rounds...

Last week was super busy. I didn't have any troops to build so I decided to paint a squad of sniper scouts that finished last night. This week I should have more free time, so it should be enough for a big vow.

I Kaese rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Furioso dreadnought, 10x Death company marines & 5x Death company marines with jump packs for a combined total of 34PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_104948_14179_27133.jpg

gallery_104948_14179_69559.jpg

I Reyner rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x5 man Death Company squad with Jump Packs, 1x5man Terminator squad and 1 Death Company Dreadnought for a combined total of 30 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels (Angels Encarmine!), whilst failure is not an option...

(if the PL is wrong I apologise I only have Battlescribe which isn't always correct).

gallery_26119_8381_1137222.jpg

Just remembered I still have a Primaris Ancient to build which wouldn't disrupt my schedule too much. So here goes nothing!

I sfPanzer rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Primaris Ancient for a combined total of 5PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

Q6Cgeqol.jpg

I Arkaniss rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Vanguard Veteran Squad of 5 with Jump Packs for 8 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

med_gallery_27469_12034_757767.jpg

Plan is to assemble them Saturday :biggrin.: Good luck to everyone participating!

I Spyros rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Contemptor Dreadnought for a combined total of 8 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

B&Z2018 Elites Vow

I, Zebulon rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a 5-man Vanguard Veteran Squad, with jump packs for a combined total of 8PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_61569_14238_493295.jpg

If I get this done, I have a second vow I may make...

Vow logged :thumbsup:

That's the first time I've seen those sprues too. That's a lot of LCs... what set up are you planning?

I paladin777, first of his name rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one sanguinary ancient and a squad of 4 sanguinary guard for a combined total of 14 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

med_gallery_95687_14231_117177.jpeg

Vow logged :thumbsup:

Again, what set up did you chose? Any magnets?

Archived