Painting Imperial Fists

Shu2jack

So I was planning on an Ultramarine Primaris army, but long story short I have decided to go with the Fists. I know there are links on painting in this sub-forum, but many of the pictures and links no longer work or are visible.

I love what Miniac on Youtube has done painting an IF, but that is a lot of work for each model.

Does anyone have similar looking IF army that wouldn't mind sharing how they did it? I was looking to do 5th company. Thank you!

Good luck! I still can't paint IF to save my life. Airbrush gets clogged within seconds no matter how much I thin paints so it doesn't help much, though I did manage to paint a Vindicator with it. Really not gonna even try infantry with it.

I've been meaning to try again with Averland base, Casandora recesses, Yriel main armor and Flash Gitz highlights, but the Casandora wash just doesn't look like it should the few times I've tried it so far.

Noooooo.....

I could purchase one if really required.

It's so worth it to get an airbrush.  For perspective ... I'm a slow modeler and painter ... the fastest part of my Imperial Fists is the yellow.  Literally gets done in one session and I've actually adjusted my yellow technique because I'm trying to rush out my 30k Fists and I personally think its coming out great and takes hardly any "artistry".  

Prime black, spray burnt umber from below, spray white primer from above (be liberal, this is the part that takes a small bit of an artistic eye, because you will adjust how much area you want white).  Then spray the whole thing sun yellow.  

Good luck! I still can't paint IF to save my life. Airbrush gets clogged within seconds no matter how much I thin paints so it doesn't help much, though I did manage to paint a Vindicator with it. Really not gonna even try infantry with it.

I've been meaning to try again with Averland base, Casandora recesses, Yriel main armor and Flash Gitz highlights, but the Casandora wash just doesn't look like it should the few times I've tried it so far.

What kind of airbrush? 

Which paints? 

What are you thinning them with? 

How thin?

How much PSI are you spraying at? 

How well did you clean it? 

Ever let paint dry in it?