Can a Heretic create a crusade!?

Rabidweasel

Thanks brother, part cool effect, part hiding the rubbish table cloth in my kitchen!  Will probably use this effect tho in some videos as i'll be helping my LFGS do a youtube channel with some batreps, reviews etc.

Sorry for the delay, my models are in the car and I keep forgetting to grab them, in the interim, here's one pic of a red VVV cross I had in the gallery already:

Vow Complete 2

This actually looks alright in this light, they look a little lighter in person, but over black they darken a little. VVV have pretty quick service and do various sizes for Maltese crosses.

Brilliant, thanks for that brother, i have some sets coming so watch this space for them on what i've painted so far. 

Seems a few of my friends nearby are also starting new armies so we are going to start our own slow grow league (although i don't really do slow.....) so this is perfect timing for my new crusade! 

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of updates!  Life keeps getting in the way and no amount of zeal will shift it!

So I had my first game with my Templar yesterday! 1500 points game, but mainly using the Primaris element from the box set, backed up by a Redemptor, a las cannon Pred, and a large Crusader squad.

Well it seems the dice and card gods appreciated my zeal and i managed to pull out a 16 points to 4 win against an Imperial guard gun line.  I was very surprised I managed to pull this off however we used a heavy urban board so managed to use cover to my advantage, and i had some pretty amazing dice rolls compared to his pretty rubbish ones! Odd as i was expecting new model syndrome and was expecting to lose badly, especially against a gun line!

Gave me a lot of ideas however, and some pointers on how i want to play my crusade from now on! I'll be adding some finishing touches to the Templar's i have and will post some pics very soon! so watch this space!

• 3 weeks later...

Well done brother and I can assure you  that your enemies will come to hate your  terminators.  You on the other hand will be overjoyed.

BTW, are you considering entering the ETL? It's a inter-forum painting  competition and we welcome your sword (brush) to the crusade. The last day to commit is 5/31/18.  Please consider adding your crusade to our forces.

Play on!

Thanks brother!

I certainly can, however I believe I may have broken the rules as everything I wish to repaint into my Crusade is already undercoated?  Seems the models have to be unpainted?

I guess I can also add my crusade to the sticky on this forum, however i have no idea what badge i would use!!  Something very gothic looking due to the Redemption element.  

Also finished a squad of Assault Marines last night but the picture was a little rubbish.  I'm planning on setting up a decent area to take decent photos again soon so once the Crusade is "finished" (i don't think i've ever finished an army as i keep on buying stuff!) i'll get some decent snaps of everything.

Yeah models can be repainted for ETL. Maybe start small with an HQ, you can make the vow while you have time still and then upload a photo of the models once you have them stripped or reprimed.

Ahh i see, well the models are all stripped and primed black so will that count?  

Excellent, I'm currently in work so when i get home i'll sort the models into squads to post up. The Three units above took me approx 2/3 days to complete so i could quite easily get a few units vowed and painted in time for the end!

Anything to help my fellow brothers!  Even if i am an ex Heretic! 

And my vow is up! Just in time!

711pts worth (i do have more but they are still in the decontamination chamber receiving cleansing rites on their armour before they are subjected to the Chaplin's.   (Sat in a takeaway box in a mixture of nail polish remover and water to get rid of paint!)

Well done brother!

Also several smaller vows are easier to manage than one big one. That way, you can gauge how your  progress is coming part way through and decide whether to push on or hold. The  key to remember is that uncompleted vows count against the total, so it's better to complete a sure thing than aim too high and not be successful.

Completion percentages are extremely important.

Wise words brother.   Should be good as this ETL gives me incentive to get on and finish the first part of my crusade.  Also looking for my second win tonight as i'm heading to my LFGS for a game so i'll be sure to report back how that went.

• 2 weeks later...

So i only have five more marines and the rhino left of my vow to do!  I'll try and get photo's up once i've completed them all.  Seems the paint stripping didn't quite go to play (Why did they get rid of Fairy Power Spray here in the UK!) so some are..... good for cannon fodder and will be the first removed from the board! 

I was using a 50/50 as a pure mix i was led to believe would be harmful!  I have been using non acetone nail polish remover and that seems to do the job... but you really need to keep an eye on how long you keep the models in there as it can melt them! 

• 3 weeks later...

So I've played my second game with the Templar, and it's not 2 wins 0 losses!  This time against my mates Necrons who he's recently started as well so seemed a far match.  I have to say i wasn't looking forward to playing them as their Codex does seem pretty good.

However the Zeal came out on top and while suffering heavy casualties, the Templar won with 9 victory points to 3 at the end of turn 4!  I would say the game was down to my superior tactics..... but i just really lucked out with the tactical objective cards and had some crazy rolling!

Star's of the show probably had to be my Assault Terminators for deep striking behind enemy lines, removing the ark, then killing his warlord while suffering a motherload of fire from the anything necron looking nearby! 
So far i'm loving this army from a fluff perspective and for me, I've also liked codexs that aren't deemed "strong" as i find it a challenge, yeah i'm strange!

Below's some pics, my mate hasn't finished his army yet so the Deamon Price is one of the C'tan shards, and the rhino was a doomsday ark. (And i painted his army as well.....)

20180622 200611 resized

20180622 200620 resized

20180622 201658 resized

20180622 211323 resized

Archived