A new Forge World joins the fray

Now I've got my table built, I think we're going to do some more stuff in the new year. He's got Clowns, Thousand Sons and Custards. I have Guard, AdMech and Knights. I've also got a new army sitting under the Christmas tree which is believed to be Tyranids, although that'll be a while before it's game ready.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've done anything admech or Knight related, as I've been busy building bugs.

Had a game with my YouTube friend over the weekend.

We also had another game a couple of weeks ago. Knights v Custards

Edited by ImperialSquishiness

• 2 months later...

First admech model I've done in a long time. The forgeworld has also had a rename to the cult of the Eagle, in honour of the Knightly House that has provided them sanctuary.

Anyway, Kataphron 1 of 6. Probably be a slow go on these as I'm gonna be moving house again in the next few weeks!

6GB9kQ0.jpg

MLgsKyY.jpg

TuOuO2q.jpg

And before anyone says why no plasma, it's Magnetised!

• 1 month later...
Now I've moved home and sort of set up a painting station, I can focus on getting a load of stuff done from my pile of shame! Fortunately, ETL has rocked up at the right time, so prepare for more from House Eagle and the Machine Cult of Eagle

That was shockingly quick! I am impressed at how quickly you got those painted. They also look pretty neat so a double achievement. :D

I don't like to hang around! They're only small models, so do them in a batch together and you can knock them out in a couple of hours. Slowest part is waiting for washes/basing material to dry! Just a shame I didn't find the other tech Priest until after I finished these...

The gold/bronze is GW Balthasar Gold, agrax wash, dry rushed with army painter greedy gold and then a very light drybrush of old GW (circa 1998) mithril silver.

I thought I had spares from my other Knights but either don't/can't find them. Have ordered some off ebay

Mithril Silver was a great paint. I don't remember it needing a shake to come out fine. My silver paint these days needs a mechanical stirrer to wake the pigment from sleeping in the bottom of the pot. I have no idea how they managed it back then.

I've recently put all my GW paints in dropper bottles, added a Stainless ball bearing as an agitator and they come out fine now. But the old paints were so much better. I still use a few of them now. The blue wash they did is still in service!