A new Forge World joins the fray

Prince Wilfried made his debut in a 3k game against a Khorne daemon/CSM force on Thursday. My opponent had 3 bloodthirsters and Skarbrand, 2 big blobs and 1 small of bloodletters, 20 Alpha Legion Beserkers, cultists, Regular CSM, dark apostles, a chain Lord and sorcerer. I had Prince Wilfried as my warlord (LandstriderWL trait and Mark of the Omnissiah for wound regen), Heading up a Krast lance of Gallant (Sir Luka), Thermal cannon/Stormspear launcher Crusader (Baron Douglas) with the Krast WL trait and relic, 2 Warglaives. I also had a raven lance of Baron Julian with Cawl's Wrath and Ion Bulwark WL trait and 2 Helverins, plus an admech Rusty 17 for some extra CP.

He got a t1 charge off with his Beserkers (alpha Legion advance deployment and Warp time) and killed a Warglaive and some skitarii. In my turn 1, Douglas gunned down a bloodthirster, Wilfried injured one and lascut a berserker, the helverins injured the already injured thirster, and the uninjured one. Julian then killed both bloodthirsters and some cultists. My fight phase saw all the Beserkers squished between Douglas and Wilfried (think Wilfried only got 5 in the end after Douglas took out most of them.) and a small unit of bloodletters destroyed.

T2, I got charged by 2 Daemon prince's, death hex went off against Wilfried and he survived both princes and the bloodletter bomb, downing a Prince in return. Douglas again slew a load of bloodletters but got dragged down. Luka and the remaining Warglaive were charged by the remaining unit of bloodletters, the Warglaive was dragged down, but the letters were dispatched by Sir Luka, who suffered a couple of scratches. My t2 saw machine spirit resurgent popped on Wilfried, be restored 4 wounds due to a combo of relic and inbuilt trait, stepped over the bloodletters and challenged Skarbrand to single combat. Julian dispatched the remaining demon Prince, some CSM and cultists in a fusillade of fire, Luka took an objective and the Helverins tried to remove the remaining bloodletters. Wilfried used his lascutter to great effect and sliced Skarbrand into pieces without taking any damage, but was now seriously injured. T3 saw Wilfried fall to a super smite and a dark apostle charging into combat, the chain Lord charged Luka, caused minor damage then got a taste of his own medicine as he was cut into bits by a reaper Chainsword! The 5 remaining bloodletters killed my last few skitarii. I'm return, I all but eradicated the last few bloodletters in combat, wiped all remaining troops bar the sorcerer which had tried to hide. T5, the sorcerer tried to run away, but was spotted by Baron Julian and got vaporised. At this point I'd tabled my opponent, but he was winning 15-14. And then we rolled for a turn 6 and the game ended, so he won using the new CA missions. Very close and enjoyable game, just did not get any luck with my cards and random VP rolls...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty upset that I missed out on the White Dwarf Tech Priest due to illness. Seeing it well painted in suck a short space of time make me feel a bit better though. I also think the Daedalosus conversion is ace and it's cool to see them finished. Will you paint the rims of the bases or are you not fussy about that?

Edited by Magos Takatus

I'm pretty upset that I missed out on the White Dwarf Tech Priest due to illness. Seeing it well painted in suck a short space of time make me feel a bit better though. I also think the Daedalosus conversion is ace and it's cool to see them finished. Will you paint the rims of the bases or are you not fussy about that?

My local might have some of the dwarf tech priest left. I can check if your still interested.

(Will check anyway, but do need to know if you want one still)

Hi, thanks for offering to take a look for me but it's a big favour to ask since I come from the UK. The postage fees and customs charges would be pretty steep. It was very kind of you to offer though. I'm still interested in getting the model but I might just have to keep an eye on ebay.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...