A new Forge World joins the fray

Nice work with the alternating glow effects! I don't get the Sheffield Wednesday reference but I'm guessing that's a UK-ism that's lost on ungrateful colonists :P

Thanks. I prefer anything nuclear having the green glow and Plasma/electricity looking blue.

They're references to football teams we support. I support Crystal Palace, who play in Red and Blue kits, hence my colours. Sheffield Wednesday play in blue and white.

TBH Sheffield Wednesday sounds like the name of an Indie band :lol:

Cool to put some r/l touches in there, though.  I love the idea of using something you're passionate about in your army's design or paint scheme.  It's why one of my Imperial Knights is based on a SW character :)

You genius, I wonder how a Leeds United colour scheme would work out (not the boring plain white the old, old, old blue and yellow away kit :P ). Hell could use the standard white kit with blue accents aswell ... my Ultramar forgeworld would look a bit lovely in that scheme :D 

Thanks. Got another start collecting box to get made and painted. Once that's done I'll have my core.

Then I need to decide where to go.

I want at least:

4 more Kastellans

6 Dragoons/Ironstriders

10 of each Electropriest

1-2 More Dunecrawlers

And that's not including any Knights, but I'm gonna wait for the Knight Dex to drop first.

Great job on the Sicarians!  They've always been some of my favourite models in the AdMech range, and the blue is a welcome change from the horde of red/grey/black versions.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how they do on the gaming table, too, especially if you like to run Mars as your Dogma :)

Have used my 2 Dakkastellans in a Patrol detachment as Mars and used WoM strat put out a frightening amount of mortal wounds against custodes. Want to try and play a more mobile AdMech force though as my guard army is a static gunline type army.

• 2 weeks later...

Pics of freshly built Skitarii and Dominus coming later when I finish highlights and final assembly.

In the meantime...

I currently have about 1500 points worth of stuff. Where should I go from here? Not majorly interested in the Cawl Wall at the minute, but will likely get the triumvirate box set. I want this to be my fun army. I know I'm lacking dragoons, but I aim to fix that soon enough.

Currently have:

2x Dominii

Enginseer

10 Rangers with 2 Arquebus (running as 2x 5 man squads)

10 Vanguard with 2 Plasma and 2 Arc rifle (2x 5 man squads)

Datasmith

5 Infiltrators with taser

10 unbuilt electro priests, probably building with beatsticks

2 fully Magnetised Dakkabots

1 Dunecrawler magnetised for Neutron Laser and Icarus Array

1 unbuilt Dunecrawler, going to do the same above but make up the Eradication Beamer aswell.

Next on my to buy list is Forgebane which I'll be splitting with a Necron player.

You genius, I wonder how a Leeds United colour scheme would work out (not the boring plain white the old, old, old blue and yellow away kit :P ). Hell could use the standard white kit with blue accents aswell ... my Ultramar forgeworld would look a bit lovely in that scheme :D

Heresy! Up the owls!!

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the first army shot to really show them off :tu:

Well, that's exactly what I did before starting on today's Dunecrawler!

WOw2nrC.jpg

s2dQqAU.jpg

Comes to 1077 points so far. Once the Dunecrawler and stick priests are done I'll be around 1450/1500