A new Forge World joins the fray

Fine work, and a quick turn around too :D Don't forget a "dark" shot to really show off the lighting - for my light work I found that you needed to wait/play with the lighting so it's not too dark to really show it off. Plus if it's too dark you can't see the paint colours :lol:

Really can't beat an army shot for showing off work, excellent stuff it really shines with some "little" friends :tu: What's next? ;)

Next up will be a renegade box. Not sure whether to fully magnetise or make solid Knights for more glowiness.

So, now my focus is on Knights rather than AdMech for a bit, my attention turns to fluff as I'll likely be allying my admech to the Knights. My fluff has always been that my admech are an exploratory force, in search of lost STCs, Archeotech and research into the mysterious Blackstone. They left Stygies due to feeling what went on there was borderline heretical and did not want to be associated with it, even though they will keep their secrets and adopt their tactics in battle.

I'm thinking that they have ended up with House Eagle as both their search for tech led them to Croydon Prime and they needed somewhere to make repairs to the fleet as it had taken much damage from Warp Storms while trying to cross the cicatrix maledictum. Upon discovering Croydon Prime, they came across what was thought to be a destroyed Knight House as contact had been lost with them when the Cicatrix Maledictum opened up. However, Croydon Prime has been left mostly untouched due to the presence of large amounts of Blackstone deep below the planet's crust, which is what was drawing the exploratory fleet there in the first place.

Upon discovering the former imperial-aligned Knight House, they made contact and found that the little damage caused by the Warp storms was that their sacristans had all met an untimely end due to a Plague that only seemed to affect them and no one else. The fleet agreed an exchange, they would provide training for new sacristans, repair and maintain House Eagle's existing Knight suits whilst providing new suits in exchange for being allowed to scavenge the planet's wastes for tech and mine and research the Blackstone deposits that have mostly shielded the planet from the Warp.

The High King of House Eagle (as yet unnamed) decreed that in thanks to the mechanicus forces, his household would wear both the Aquila and the Cog to show both their allegiance and their gratitude to the Imperium and the Mechanicus

Edited by ImperialSquishiness

The High King of House Eagle (as yet unnamed)

How about "Gwaihir," after a Great Eagle in 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'? His Wikia article states, "The name Gwaihir comes from the Sindarin terms gwaew ('storm, wind') and hîr ('lord, master'), translating his name to 'Wind-lord'."

The High King of House Eagle (as yet unnamed)

How about "Gwaihir," after a Great Eagle in 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'? His Wikia article states, "The name Gwaihir comes from the Sindarin terms gwaew ('storm, wind') and hîr ('lord, master'), translating his name to 'Wind-lord'."

Whilst I think that's awesome, and I am a massive LOTR fan, the House Eagle is more following on with the football theme, the Eagles being the nickname of my team, with red and blue being the colours. I had thought to name my Knights after club legends.

Baron Julian's first trip to the field of battle tonight. In 2 games against Khorne Beserkers and Space Wolves he managed:

6 Cultists

Land raider (1 shot, 35 damage)

Leviathan Dreadnought (same round of shooting as the Land Raider)

Space Wolves Contemptor Dread

Venerable Dreadnought

Arjac

Imperial Bastion (1 shot, 47 damage)

5 Grey Hunters

Wolf Lord on Thunder wolf with SS/TH

I love the Volcano Lance!

bVWw8mP.jpg

Land Raider damage roll after rerolling 1s...

uypHjqS.jpg

The Castellan is a beast. I fully expected it to do nothing thanks to new model syndrome, but it just caused mass critical existence failure on a number of things...

Ran my Knights as raven, took cawl's Wrath and Ion Bulwark. Against the Beserkers I had 1st turn and my opponent conceded after turn 1, as he didn't have anything bar some Cultists, Khârn and champion and some Beserkers.

Against the wolves, my admech battery did the job of speed bumping the advance. I didn't get 1st turn, but starting with 11 cp, I rotated Ion shields on the Baron when a storm fang and Arjac came in to cause problems turn 1. Arjac failed his charge, but the hammer did some damage, the rotated ion shields saved me from a lascannon, 2 melta and a helfrost shot, so that was 3CP well spent.

The raven stratagem on helverins is dirty. On a Castellan it is positively disgusting! Twice I rolled 1 shot on the volcano lance that then got bumped to a 6, didn't take a wound to overcharged plasma and rerolling 1s on a d3 for damage is horrific!

The Castellan is a beast. I fully expected it to do nothing thanks to new model syndrome, but it just caused mass critical existence failure on a number of things...

I may have to re-think my stance on the Dominus chassis in general.  I think the early reaction was "too many points for what it does", but several smart frater have made me challenge this judgement.  Batreps are definitely more useful than anecdotes in this situation, so I'm glad to hear details about what specifically a Castellan can do in practice.

I may have to re-think my stance on the Dominus chassis in general. I think the early reaction was "too many points for what it does", but several smart frater have made me challenge this judgement. Batreps are definitely more useful than anecdotes in this situation, so I'm glad to hear details about what specifically a Castellan can do in practice.

I wasn't initially sold on the volcano lance and the plasma decimator initially, but using cawl's Wrath and the raven stratagem makes both downright scary.

In the 4 turns of shooting I had with the lance, I rolled 6,3,3 and rerolled a 1 to a 6 on my shots for it. At first I thought 3d3 damage wouldn't be great, but when you realise that you'd average 2 or 3 wounding hits with the gun a turn, that's minimum 6 damage on 2 wounds. Factoring in you reroll the d3 result of a 1, you should be averaging a solid 6 damage per wounding shot. Most regularly used vehicles have between 11 and 14 wounds, so it's not far fetched that you could get an average shot count but still obliterate a vehicle in 1 hit.

The nipple meltas are great for when your opponent tries to get a Big nasty flier up close t1 to deposit a load of troops or you get a danger close deep strike, otherwise I think they're a massive waste. But the siegebreaker cannons are pretty decent at chaff removal and good for pointing at smaller targets/taking the last couple of wounds off something so you can point the big guns at something else. The missiles I feel are a waste as every time I used one, it either missed or failed it's wound. The 1 missile that hit and wounded rolled a 1 and rerolled a 1! So jury out on those for the moment