A new Forge World joins the fray

I'm far from a Dominus proponent, I don't have one, and don't have any immediate plans to change that.

But...

The Castellan is so clearly a huge part of the competitive meta right now that it's status as a good unit is something that just can't be argued against. The thing is everywhere, and it's helping to win major events. I believe the winning NOVA list this last weekend featured one as an example?

It still somehow doesn't appeal to me much, but, the writings on the wall innit? :) - it's a great unit.

The Valiant on the other hand, I'm personally a little more fond of... but I'm not convinced it's worth taking. Certainly it's not even in the same league as the Castellan clearly is.

I think the top 3 lists were all guard brigade, ba slam captain battalion and a auxiliary castellan. You can safely plop it at the back surrounded by infantry so melee threats will struggle to reach it. Plus, unless you take any dedicated AT, you'd struggle to deal with it before it wipes out any threats to it

Made a bit of a conversion on my RFBC. Don't really like the barrel as it looks too plain and a bit like a ww2 German Flak 88 gun. So, cut and glue a russ muzzle brake on and shorten the barrel. Much better suited for rapid fire!

L6tl7mO.jpg

No, it doesn't have a practical effect, but to my mind a muzzle brake is supposed to divert the propelling gases in such a way as to reduce recoil allowing for faster, more accurate follow up shots. It fits into the fluff of a Rapid fire weapon, whereas a plain barrel will be less accurate with the 2nd shot.

I'll take some when I get home.

Basically magnetised the waist joint, elbow joints on arms and guns and the top carapace mounts. Was going to magnetise the carapace to access LED electronics but it friction fits nicely, so no need.

Speculation will have to wait until the Knight is painted. If he's white (see Morpheus' robes in the dojo scene), he's emulating Morpheus. If he's black (Neo's robes in the same scene), he's emulating Neo. If he's yellow with black racing stripes (see Bruce Lee's jumpsuit in 'Game of Death'), he's emulating the Little Dragon.

Lovely work as always! The glowing eyes are fantastic and you've really got the colour scheme down :) Base is nice too but I'm thinking that the empty space on the shoulder pad looks lonely, especially on a Knight. What about a transfer if you're not thinking of more freehand?