A new Forge World joins the fray

Wow, that Gallant looks MEAN! :ph34r.:

He's almost a Knightly Batman with that pose and the glowing eyes :D

Well he is the Master of Justice for the House! I envisage him charging around the battlefield issuing challenges to enemy characters for the insult of challenging me.

My shopping list is currently 2 more regular Questoris Knights, a Styrix, Atrapos and either Lancer or Castigator as the High King.

:huh.:

That's a pretty pricey list, but what a household you'll have!

Only problem with the FW models is that some (possibly even a lot) of people don't like to play with FW. My Castigator has only seen 3 games (tournament).

Only problem with the FW models is that some (possibly even a lot) of people don't like to play with FW. My Castigator has only seen 3 games (tournament).

Which is both a maddeningly arbitrary, and depressing attitude :/ 

Especially given the higher performance you can get from a Warden with relic Avenger and gauntlet (which will typically outperform the Tempest Blade these days) for vastly fewer points.

Which is both a maddeningly arbitrary, and depressing attitude :/ 

Especially given the higher performance you can get from a Warden with relic Avenger and gauntlet (which will typically outperform the Tempest Blade these days) for vastly fewer points.

Yes. The only strong FW knight I can think of is the acastus, and that is somewhat situational, as it only shines against BIG targets.

My shopping list is currently 2 more regular Questoris Knights, a Styrix, Atrapos and either Lancer or Castigator as the High King.

:huh.:

That's a pretty pricey list, but what a household you'll have!

It's probably more of a wish list than a shopping list at this point!

The questoris are just for making errant/Paladin Knights that can be turned into crusaders so that I can LED the barrels.

I just love the Styrix and Atrapos, and yeah a Warden with Endless Fury is just as damaging if not more than a castigator, but it's a lovely model. Otherwise the Acheron and it's super flamer!

Played a 2k game against Harlequins last night.

Took Castellan, 2 Gallants, 2 Helverins and 2 Warglaives all as House Krast. Fun game, tabled my opponent in turn 4. Highlight being Oathbreaker guidance system on the shieldbreaker killing the troupe master warlord. Cost 4 CP but was hilariously brutal. Lost both Warglaives and a Gallant. Mirror of minds is horrendous when your dice decide to roll 1s. Lost 6 wounds on a Gallant in 1 go. Haywire is horrid too, although benevolence of the Omnissiah helped slightly.

UIZqU2C.jpg

5aUwwUb.jpg

9pAGocT.jpg

DkHFdHr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You get a "like" for zebra-print slippers :D

They belong to the Mrs!

You get a "like" for zebra-print slippers :biggrin.:

And for that impressive collection of rubber ducks! Half an hour with bits box and you could have a second Household there :)

Sir Eric of House Quack

Just debating how best to paint it. Thinking of painting like a road system or something on it. Was going to go flat grey, but I can't afford a battlemat for the moment so I thought about painting something on it.

Just go plain grey. If someday you change your mind, it'd be easy to add something else (a road?). And grey goes easy with everything: city, green, rocks etc... Add some real little rock and your table/decor goes instantly to life.

Used my new table for the first time last night with some terrain that I've been feverishly painting up. Lost to Guard in a 1500 point game. Even with the stygies -1. My opponent was rolling ridiculously hot and I couldn't save worth a damn. Didn't get 1st turn and got more or less blown off the board.

PHLeam1.jpg