Death Watch project PLOG

Theduke08

Finished up Vet number 2.

40621207762_3b0237eb08_z.jpg

The Brass is actually gold.  Just weathered a little bit.  

Its the retributor gold washed a few times and highlighted with gold and then followed up with some silver.

As far as the bases go... They are very simple but I tried to match it with the weather powder I have that would stand out the most on black armor.

The weathering is actually very simple.  All I do is take a small piece of sponge and put a little bit of metallic paint and use to to place simple scratches where they would be most common.  I follow this up with a brighter metallic paint and pick out some edges and add some longer scratches.  Then I use some weather powders that Ive had laying around forever.  I follow it all up with a nice matte coat. 

Im not 100% sure what my plans are for my watch but I have this first squad planned out and im waiting on a twin linked assault cannon for my razorback. 

This first squad has all bolters, 3 storm shields and a couple power swords.  Just a basic relatively inexpensive squad to start with.  

It is a shame the twin assault cannon does not come as a standard in the box option.

The storm shields look really good, just not sure how effective such a squad would be on the table.

Have you gave any thoughts as to the overall list yet?

Yea its a serious pain.  An expensive pain.  I picked one up for about 20$.  Which is half the cost of the entire kit!

I am planning on having a captain as one of my HQ choices.  Im going to convert Ennox Sorrlock into a captain with Jump pack but im not sure what weapon load out to go with.  If im going to use him with the beacon what should I give him?  Storm shield and a melee weapon?  Maybe a thunderhammer? 

Ive looked at the kit quite a bit and it looks like it should be "easy" to paint.  I ordered some pigment fixer this morning to weather vehicles so when I finish my 6th Vet I can get started on their razorback.

I ordered some door panels from the Corvus to use on my razorbacks.  They are a little bit smaller but they will work.  Ill post some pics of the completed squad and razorback assembled and ready to go.  

The storm shields look really good, just not sure how effective such a squad would be on the table.

A couple bolter/shield guys would be a good option in a squad that has a couple frag cannons in it to tank high AP wounds for the squad.

Archived