Jud's Ksy'm'yen Sept Hunter Cadre

The Pounder

with units like these you don't feel bad if they get wiped...unless you painted eyes on one of them/called it "johnny 5" or it has an AI that borders on being real...:sweat:

anyways great work jud :thumbsup:  we look forward to a family shot when it's all done with..

cheers, Mithril 

He looks awesome...the only thing and it's kinda funny, is that he blends in too well with the base :sweat:  which is kinda what the scheme is supposed to be for right :laugh.:

Your not helping me in not wanting to do some Kroot in my army :tongue.: ...so nice...i really do hope they get some kinda new stuff for em?...

not much left on your first pledge Jud!! 

cheers, Mithril

Thanks Mithril!

Kroot are great fun to work on. Also they make for a bit of variation within the army, I kinda like the idea of an alien empire (maybe I'll get some Vespid at some point!)

I've finished Darkstrider!

I'm going to replicate the paint scheme used on him when I do the Pathfinders.
I think the armour coloured panel on the gun helps to balance out the green of the fatigues.

Next on the painting table is the second squad of Kroot!

Mithril, I've finished my Kroot!!

As a consequence I've also finished my first vow!!!

I will be  revieving reinforcements on Father's Day (17th June) I'll make my second vow once I know what I have!

Here's the pics:

Great work man and well done on finishing your first Vow :thumbsup:  your lucky with fathers day being during the ETL ...mine's first Sunday in September...(Australia)

anyways look forward to your next vow..whatever it is :laugh.: 

cheers, Mithril 

• 2 weeks later...
Finished my version of Longstrike!
Rather than buying the model that sits in the turret, I've tried to make the Hammerhead
look a bit more hitech. To achieve this I've used the Command vehicle sprue from GW and a
Gun Drone with two antennae to look like an advanced sensor suite.
Here's the pics:
Next up will be a squad of Pathfinders.

great work Jud,

i really love the yellow nose cone and the Longstrike conversion is very well done and looks just different enough to be noticeable but not bullet magnet material :sweat: 

can't wait to see your pathfinders...Hey!...do they're undersuits in dark yellow to contrast your scheme :happy.: 

Cheers, Mithril 

Thanks Mithrilforge!

It’s a simple thing but I think it does the job.

I’m going to build the Pathfinders tonight.

I don’t want to do colourful, as I want them to look a bit special ops.

I will be giving them 3 Ionrifles, to give them a bit of punch!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a productive weekend (in between the football) and I've managed to finish my first Cadre Fireblade!
Must say I think he's probably my favourite T'au model so far because I usually suck at faces!
Thanks for looking!

Cheers Mithril! I'm in the zone atm. I'm averaging a model everyday!

Finished the conversion!
The hardest bit was filing off the bare legs and trimming the armoured legs to fit.
I don't think he's as good as the GW standard model but at least I got some use from the spare Ethereal!
Next up will be my third Hammerhead Gunship!

Archived