Jud's Ksy'm'yen Sept Hunter Cadre

The Pounder

Thanks Melete and Mithrilforge!

For this weeks progress,  I've finished my third Hammerhead!

I really love this kit, it's the main reason I came to do a T'au force.
Something satisfying about all the curves and smooth lines.

Awesome work bud, 

may i add...the white missile tips are a bit too clean...perhaps some skrag or gorthor brown washed along the edges of the missile lines(like in the new white dwarf article for T'AU 'Eavy metal tips section)

other than that minor quibble(you can ignore me if you want anyway :biggrin.:) this is great work indeed!

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks Mithril, but I like the Missiles the way they are.

Gives a good contrast imo.

Got my next 2 squads of Fire Warriors built, will undercoat them in the morning.

Not sure if I’ll enter in the ETL, they’re only 70pts.

Gives a good contrast imo. - Good Point! 

Got my next 2 squads of Fire Warriors built, will undercoat them in the morning.

Not sure if I’ll enter in the ETL, they’re only 70pts.  - That's the problem with a squad of standard guys, a lot of work for little points:ermm: ...your better off vowing crisis suits :biggrin.:  

Cheers, Mithril

Gives a good contrast imo.

Not sure if I’ll enter in the ETL, they’re only 70pts.

70pts more than now... If you are painting them anyway and they can be done in the time limit then it is not a wasted vow ;)

i am looking at some drones as a second vow due to speed although they will be less points than yours.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got my fifth Fire Warrior team finished!
I've gone for squads of 5 to fill those troop slots cheaply.
I have another team left to paint before I get the Stormsurge (can't wait!!)
Hopefully I can get the sixth team done before the 31st!

Sadly this Stormsurge arrived on the 31st of July, so too late for the ETL.

Happily I'm keeping the momentum going from the ETL!

Spent about 20 hours on this. Really love working on my T'au.
This is the largest model I've worked on for the T'au.
I've continued with my weathered, militaristic scheme.
I have to say though, I'm well chuffed with the result.
All comments are appreciated and welcome.

Thanks Elmo and Shas O R'alai!

Glad you like the weathering I ummed and ahhed about it for ages with this force but finally went for it!

Finished my second Commander Today, I've named him Commander Pressure Wave!
He'll be leading the T'au Sept contingent of my force.
30150315868_0160b6b067_c.jpgT'au Empire Commander
Next up 3 Crisis Suits with Cyclic Ion Blasters!

I've gone for the XV8 Iridium Armour Commanders mainly for price but in my first game they seemed to do well!

Got another game on Saturday so I'll start honing my list and seeing what else it needs, wish me luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
Finished the last team of Crisis Suits.
Had enough bitz to make a squad of 4!
These will probably be the last of the Crisis teams I'll be using.
They're great models to work with but after painting 9 of them I need to do something different!
Next up will be a maxed out team of Breachers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mithril and Elmo! I’ve really enjoyed working on the T’au glad you find them inspiring.

I’ve now played a few games and I’ve won them all so far!

My last opponent (after rage quitting on turn 3) has claimed that T’au are “the most broken and overpowered faction he’s faced”

Now I’d like to ask the T’au community Is our force really that easy to win with? I can see them being potent but an auto win!?!

I think there’s more to it than that.

I'm honestly surprised someone still calls T'au broken in 8th currently. Especially a list with Crisis Suits that aren't even FSE ones to make them somewhat competitive (still not very much tho).

Even in late 7th they weren't that broken aside from Riptide Wing anymore.

Knowing your lists, terrain and a short batrep will definitely help to understand the issue your opponent had.

Ok, my list was as follows

2 Detachments, T’au and Bork’an

Bork’an Battalion

XV8 Commander with 4 Missile Pods (Warlord Trait Through unity Devastation with Puretide Engram Neurochip)

Fireblade with Marker light

3 squads of Fire Warriors each wis DS8 SMS

Pathfinders with 3 Ion rifles and a Pulse Accelerator Drone

Super Heavy Detachment

Stormsurge with Pulse Driver Cannon, Burst Cannons, ATS, Shield Generator, Velocity tracker

T’au Battalion

XV8 Commander with 3 Fusion Blasters, Iridium Armour and vectored manoeuvring thrusters

Fireblade with Marker light

3 teams of Fire Warriors

3 crisis suits with 2 fusion Blasters and a drone controller and 4 Marker light Drones

4 crisis suits with 2 Cyclic Ion Blasters and a Plasma rifle each

4 Shield Drones and 8 gun drones

His list was an Imperial Fist force (old school marines) that was all troops.

15 Scouts, 30 tactical, 5 terminators accompanied by the Warlord (also in terminator armour) 2 squads of devastors 1 with Missile launchers the other lascannon, also there some assault marines and chaplain with jump pack (can’t remember what weapons they never made it onto the board)

The game was spoils of war and deployment was dawn of war

Basically my turn 1 I destroyed the lascannon squad with combined fire from the Bork’an detachment and mauled the scouts

His turn 1 everything stayed still except for 1 of the tactical squads that moved towards the centre objective, the Missile launchers targeted the Stormsurge but invuln save stopped that.

My turn 2 I finished off the scouts and chipped away at a few squads

His turn 2 everything advanced and his terminators and Commander teleported in and shot up a team of my T’au Fire Warriors

My turn 3 the 4 Suits with cib and Plasma manta strike in and killed the terminators with the exception of the Commander,

The 3 Suits with fusion Blasters and all the drones landed in his deployment zone and killed a captain.

It was at this point that he gave up.

In his defence he picked his army based on what he had painted so wasn’t optimal at all.

I do think he wasn’t aggressive enough and tried to out shoot me, I think his decision to drip feed units rather than dropping the terminators and assault squads together in a mass drop probably cost him the game.

Okay so before I even read the batrep itself I can say a few things.
Your list is quite good as far as it goes when one wants to use lots of Crisis Suits but not FSE.
You have a LoW in your list.

Your opponent uses one of the weakest forces in the game currently with a very suboptimal list. Marines are a bit underpowered currently, Imperial Fists aren't the best choice for vanilla Marines (can't blame him if he painted them that way tho), Tactical Marines are overcosted, Terminators are overcosted, Assault Marines are just plain bad compared to Vanguards and playing completely without vehicles is basically gimping yourself even further.

Yeah, that’s what I told him. Marines aren’t in a good place atm.

The idea for my list was to try out all my battle suits. I didn’t expect it to do so well!

Next time I play him I’ll drop the Stormsurge and take some Hammerheads instead.

Thanks for the reply.

Archived