Jud's Ksy'm'yen Sept Hunter Cadre

The Pounder

Thanks Triszin!

I’m looking forward to seeing Scorch!

I’m going to be off the T’au for a bit, I’ll be playing games with them but I have a need for something a bit different.

So with that in mind I’m going to be working on some Death Skulls (Orks in blue ftw!)

• 2 months later...
After a few very fun (and mostly victorious) games I'm back on the T'au in a big way!
I've taken an army shot and the progress on my first team of Breachers.
Next up will be a team of Pathfinders and however many Drones I can scrounge up from the bitz box!

These guys look great, Jud, though I am a bit biased toward dark green. :D

I like the ochre markings, they add some additional interest! Maybe in the name of camo, a grey panel or two on the different armor types for the grey rocks on the bases? It would also add some interest and break up the overall green tones some.

Bryan Blaire, thanks very much! It seems Green is the new black!

I’m not one to go back and change things once they’re done, that said, I could add some grey in the mix on my Stealth element once I get it going?

sfPanzer, go for it! I wanted to try and make my T’au look like a real world military force. Hence the green.

Right, time to start the Pathfinders and raid the bitz box!

OK, I was going through my bitz box whilst bored and decided after building a load of Drones that I had 2 bodies left
from the Hammerhead sprues. I thought that I'd try and make use of them. Now I already have 2 Fireblades and didn't want
to build anymore. I flicked through the codex for ideas and found the entry for the Farsight Marksmen (characters with Markerlights)
After a little while of playing around a bit they slowly came together now I don't usually post WIP but wanted to see what you guys thought.
I'm unsure if the scopes are too big? Or if I can get away with it?
I'm pretty happy with them but thought I'd seek advice before priming them ready for painting.

Nice idea with the marksmen, I do feel that they would benefit from crouched positions due to the size of the weapons, but dealing with odds and ends doesn't always allow such freedom. As it is, I think the scopes are just about alright.

Really good looking force, by the way, the green is just the right shade and the ochre works well with it, as do the blue lenses and screens. Very professional look to them all, a nice clean battle group.

Thanks Pearson73! They would look better crouching or even lying down but I used what I had to hand.

I decided to remove the scopes, they were just too big.
After scouring my bitz box I found the perfect part for the scopes! I ended up using the end of a Railrifle.
Next up will be my second team of Pathfinders

Yeah normally it would be a 40mm base but it honestly shouldn't matter considering that Fireblades are better and stand on a 25mm base so if someone complains about the base you could just play them as Fireblades instead lol

• 1 month later...
Happy New Years everyone!

Finally broke my painters block. Got this Broadside for Christmas and I had a free day so progress at last!

Really happy with it, not sure how great it will be in game but I had to get a 3rd Heavy Suppport slot so I can run a Brigade Detachment and already had 2 Hammerheads.

Given the pts reduction I just had to!

Next up some Stealth Suits.

One of the best models in the T'au range (with the HRR at least) and you executed it nicely!

About how it does in-game, according to my experience you either need lots of Markerlight support or multiple to make a real dent in tanks.

Oh Good, new stuff from Jud ...  

Really nice there Bro :thumbsup:  i don't normally go for metal on tau buuuut yours is swaying me :wub:  that metal back part really looks cool ! the blue energy glow works well with it.

Very nice model too, more of a  Gundam /Apple seed...anything else Anime type look:laugh.:

Cheers, Mithril

Archived