Hellblasters - Plasma Incinerator or Heavy PI?

theJoeMan

Battle Brothers,

I've got a box of Hellblasters I've started putting together and I'm having a hard time deciding between the normal Plasma Incinerator and the Heavy. What are other people using?

At first, I thought the Heavy was the obvious choice, however, I played a game last weekend and tested the normal PI and was very impressed. The range difference isn't much and the ability to move without penalty and potentially double shots seemed to make a pretty big difference. After that game, I imagined loading up 10 Hellblasters in a Repulsor then dropping them off in rapid fire range for some serious dakka.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers!

Ive been using a unit equipped with the Rapid fire PI, they are savage!! 

Put them near a Captain (Over charge those bad boys- reroll 1s!, if it goes wrong a second time you can always command point it) and Lieutenant to re roll those 1s for wounds and your on to a winner! My last game they killed off a Leman Russ in the first turn, I think the rapid fire far out stretches the heavy variant, with a 30 inch range its not hard to get to 15 using the current deployment maps. 

Hope this helps! :)

Ive been using a unit equipped with the Rapid fire PI, they are savage!! 

Put them near a Captain (Over charge those bad boys- reroll 1s!, if it goes wrong a second time you can always command point it) and Lieutenant to re roll those 1s for wounds and your on to a winner! My last game they killed off a Leman Russ in the first turn, I think the rapid fire far out stretches the heavy variant, with a 30 inch range its not hard to get to 15 using the current deployment maps. 

Hope this helps! :smile.:

Unfortunately not, can never reroll a reroll.

Still, going from a 1/6 chance of immolation to a 1/36 is enough of an improvement to be potentially worth the risk in the right kind of scenario.

Being Damage 1 (or 2 on the overcharge), I think you really need the extra shots to get the most out of them. I don't think the Heavy version is worth the extra points. I've used the normal plasma incinerators since I started and my Hellblasters have done a lot of work. 

The normal is overall the best, followed by the Assault Variant.

(Assault might be more beneficial if you are running the Hellblasters on foot as you're getting a nice 30" range, 2 shots)

The heavy is no good, imo. Too few shots.

If you are running a Repulsor the standard Variant is easily the most useful.

Edited by Ishagu

• 2 weeks later...