Plague Marine (7)            144         2x Flails / 1 B. Axe / Double knife

Chaos Rhino                    74           2x Combi-bolter

Biologus                           74          

BlightSpawn                     77          

DEATH GUARD OUTRIDER / 1CP                             

Daemon Prince                 180         Double Talon + wing

Bloat-drone                       158         2x DeathSpitters + plague Probe

Bloat-drone                       158         2x DeathSpitters + plague Probe

blight hauler                      142         multi-melta + Missile L. + bile spurt + g. maw

I had a few practice game at home.

Since we play on a 4×3, we play 1000 points. Still, its usefull to practice units rules and see how they perform.

Here are my takes on some units:

Plague drone: having more fast moving unit to go with the bloat drone and DP helps a ton. They soak up so much firepower for their point. They are bad at killing anything with good armor though, great to take an objective from scout/ nurglings / rippers.

Blight hauler: did not do a lot. Having 2 single shot weapon on a 4+ really feels bad. After missing all shot for 2 turn, he got ignored and landed 10 damage on a flyrant, instantly making up for himself. I like him for the treat he poses, even if unreliable, but he is badly overcosted. A 10-20 point cut and I would absolutly take them.

Plague marine: had only one squad, they stood on an objective in cover shooting if they could. Did very little damage but survived all game, very hard to remove, the good weapon are all busy with actual threat. They scored me a lot of points.

BlightSpawn: every time he shoots, he makes up more than his points. I even got his aura to be usefull, allowing my plague bearers to fight before being removed. I wonder if he could be worth a rhino all to himself...

Overall, i won every game, but it dosent mean much. these were more casual garage fight while we learn our rules. Still Im pleased to see every unit performing at least as expected. Often doing much more for me than I need them to.

• 1 month later...

I am moving ahead with the list above, Tournament is this weekend and I am still painting!

Only 3 plague drones and 1 Poxbringer to go, but so little time to practice.

In the meanwhile, here a pic of the second drone:

x7tnHXs.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

After a great first tournament, I made some change to include 2 Armiger.

In practice with the new ITC mission, this new list as proven to work very well with my play style.

The plan is simple, aggressively hold the enemy in their deployment zone and take control of all the objective, counting on Nurgle resilience to make it to the late game where I usually have the advantage.

I do not know why, but the 6 plague drone are usually the first target, even though I feel they are far from being the biggest threat in the list. 

DAEMON PATROL

4             Poxbringer                                                       

3             Nurglings x3                                                     

3             Nurglings x3                                                     

11           Plague Drone (6)                Banner / Instrument     

DEATH GUARD BATTALION                                                                      

8             Daemon Prince                   Double Talon / wing                      

6             Plague Caster                                                  

3             Cultist (10)                          Heavy Stubber                

7             Plague Marine (5)               Plague Launcher                             

10           Plague Marine (7)               2x Flails / Double knife                 

4             Chaos Rhino                       2x Combi-bolter              

4             Biologus                                                             

4             BlightSpawn                                                     

8             Bloat-drone                       2x DeathSpitters

8             Bloat-drone                       2x DeathSpitters            

8             Bloat-drone                       Flesh Mower                    

QUESTOR TRAITORIS AUXILIARY                                            

9             Armiger Helverin (2)        2x Heavy Stubber                           

• 4 weeks later...

I played my very first GT this weekend.

It was amazing, all game finished naturally even though its 2:30 H rounds for 2000p games.

I won 2 games out of 5, won the first round 42 - 11 against Astra militarum.

Then won the second game 16 - 14 against ynnari jet bike list (highlight, Yvraine killed herself with perils, helped by the Daemon strat for +d3)

This meant that I would play the 2 next game against guy that would end up in the top 10... I did learn a lot from those losses.

The last game was my first one against a gallant and I did not give him the respect he deserved.

So, with that experience in hand, I like realised I need some change to my list. 

Its a good list in essence, but it lacks unit that can "make plays". 

The drone trio + DP is amazing and pretty much always make's it to turn 3, then if they die its game over, if they live its a victory.  I needed something behind them to clean up and the rhino doesn’t cut it.

so I came up with some change that I would like some help with, I will post the list in the army list section, I would appreciate your opinion on it.

Conclusion: DeathGuard are awesome, plague marines are not that tough (still the best marine though) and tournaments are amazing 

Looks like a fun army to play! Couple questions:

How well do you deal with armor in this lists? (Imperial Knights, tanks, etc.)

When you take a Bloat-Drone with a Flesh Mower, do you also include the Plague Probe, or can you choose to not take the plague probe? The wording isn’t very specific in the codex.

you do have to take the plague probe no mather what, so a fleshmower drone is 136p.

up to T7 its bery managable, the drones, Armiger, DP and everything in the rhino deal well with it.

T8 is more of a problem, stuff like leman russ I will just ignore and knight requires to be really carefull because I can only deal with them in melee and if they fight back it will hit hard.

to win I have to play smart in the fight phase, taking hostages, abusing consolidation and I usually control the board pretty hard.

I recently changed my list, I will post the new one here shortly!

Nurgle Daemon Battalion

Poxbringer                                        

Daemon Prince                 corruption (relic) / wing

Nurglings x3                                      

Nurglings x3                                      

Nurglings x3                                                      

Plague Drone (6)              Banner / Instrument

DG Battalion                    

Daemon Prince                 Double Talon / wing

Chaos Lord                         Bale Sword

Cultist (10)                                  Auto gun

Cultist (10)                                  Auto gun

Plague Marine (10)         2x Flails / 2x blight launcher / 6x Bolters

Biologus                              74          

Bloat-drone                       2x DeathSpitters + plague Probe

Bloat-drone                       2x DeathSpitters + plague Probe

Bloat-drone                       Flesh Mower    

Plague burst crawler      2x DeathSpitters            

Plague burst crawler      2x DeathSpitters            

I am looking for alternative to the plaguemarine in this list

• 1 month later...

Nurgle Daemon Battalion

Poxbringer

Daemon Prince corruption (relic)

Nurglings x3

Nurglings x3

Nurglings x3

Plague Drone (5) Banner

DG Battalion

Daemon Prince Double Talon / wing

Chaos Lord Bale Sword

Cultist (10) Auto gun

Cultist (10) Auto gun

Plague Marine (10) 2x Flails / 2x blight launcher / 6x Bolters

Blight spawn

Bloat-drone 2x DeathSpitters + plague Probe

Bloat-drone 2x DeathSpitters + plague Probe

Bloat-drone Flesh Mower

Renegade armiger (2) Auto Canon / Heavy stubber

I have played and win about 5 game with this list. here some interesting element:

I usually spend my CP on "tough" stratagem : prepared position, rotate ion shield, warp surge, Revolting regeneration etc..

The walking plague marine are untargetable and are the reactionnary element to the list. everithing else kinda has to go foward.

For some reason the Plague drone get a lot of fire, more so than the bloat-drone. its fine by me, they do close to no damage.

Armiger are awsome at killing multy wound model, but not heavy tanks, better aimed at heavy weapon squad and light vehicle

I usually ignore hard target (T7/8) and go for the soft stuff.

I did not play this list against knight, but I expect it woudn't do well, it does stand up to hordes pretty well though.

• 2 months later...

The local club started an escalation league at 750pt last weekend, which I entered with the following list:

DP: double talon and plague spewer, suppurating plate, arch-contaminator

PBC: spitters

PBC: spitters

Predator: autocanon, Combi-bolter, Havoc Launcher

Plague marine (5): flails, plague launcher

Pox walkers (10)

Nothing special truly.

At low point cost its often impossible for my oponnent to deal with the PBC.

Predator and infantry often start out of LoS, using Blasphemous machine to move the predator turn one and still shoot on 3+. Using miasma on it so its not the obvious target.

I sometime use cloud of fly on the plague marine to give them a chance to survive.

Story time! :

In my last game (against orc), my opponent closed in turn one, locking one PBC with a long charge to avoid the flamer and dropping it to 4w.

He then lost most of his army and his warlord, shifting the game solidly in my favor.

but then... next turn I rolled snake eyes on my cast, rerolling into another one, taking 3 mortal wound, failing every DR save killing my warlord that then exploded for 3 MW, failing all DR on my PBC that also exploded for 3 MW, killing an orc buggy that also exploded killing everything that was left in the middle of the board...

I still won the game, but it suddenly was a lot closer!

The local club started an escalation league at 750pt last weekend, which I entered with the following list:

DP: double talon and plague spewer, suppurating plate, arch-contaminator

Not trying to be *that guy* but I didn't think that was a valid loadout? death guard FAQ says

"This model may either take a plague spewer, or it may replace its hellforged sword with a daemonic axe or a second set of malefic talons."

Which I interpret that you can take the spewer or upgrade the sword, but not both.

Anyway, your face must have been a picture as the MW rolls just kept spreading!

You're right, its not legal ! :wacko.: 
Thanks for pointing it out.

I will try a virulent blessing + blade of putrefaction on the sword DP to get the sweet +2 to W and 6D on 5's and 6's, when playing bigger list.

The double PBC is cheezy, but they give points for entering the League with unpainted model and painting them up, so I registered with my unpainted models which just happen to be 2 PBC!  :whistling:

2 PBC aren’t that cheesy! Go for it. There’s a lot worse you could do. With the stuff Ive been going up against lately I think 2 PBCs is pretty decent but not crazy good. Death Guard is about synergy... I’d say use them!

I think 3 Decimators with Dual Soul Burners are incredibly nasty. I know... I play them.

There's a few other choices I can think of, but more to the point you were insinuating they were a bit cheesy....I am just saying I don't think they're over the top really for use in every day games.

• 2 weeks later...

With the PBC's now in my 2000 pt list, I have been exchanging my 2 Helverin for 3 blight Hauler.

I am slowly warming up to the blight hauler.

they are a surprisingly good front-line unit and a very good target for miasma.

having them at -2 to hit in melee can really blunt the charge of units like orcs or genestealers, leaving these unit vulnerable to blight bombardment.

Im still undecided about the the Haulers, will be play-testing more with them but so far with about 5 games with them they have never been outstanding but always useful in surprising ways. 

With the PBC's now in my 2000 pt list, I have been exchanging my 2 Helverin for 3 blight Hauler.

I am slowly warming up to the blight hauler.

they are a surprisingly good front-line unit and a very good target for miasma.

having them at -2 to hit in melee can really blunt the charge of units like orcs or genestealers, leaving these unit vulnerable to blight bombardment.

Im still undecided about the the Haulers, will be play-testing more with them but so far with about 5 games with them they have never been outstanding but always useful in surprising ways.

I tried that recently, but just found 3 getting tied up is a lot of my army not doing much sadly. If they had the option for flamers or heavy blight launchers maybe just maybe...

Archived