Armageddon Steel Legion Bits... of Bodies

So, I've finally started making progress on my Orks, and I need some heads and bodies to decorate their bases and bosspoles. Im theming my Blood Axes in an urban camo pattern with plenty of Kommandos and of course Boss Snikrot. Given that his favored enemy are the puny humies from the Armageddon Steel Legion, I was wondering if any of you fine chaps knew of a place where I could find Steel Legion-esque heads, bodies, and maybe some pre-posed corpses akin to the Space Marine casualties GW produces? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

-Kal

Anvil Industries, Victoria Miniatures, Kromlech, Mad Robot Miniatures, and many other third party companies all make plenty of suitable legs, heads, bodies, and arms for Krieg, Steel Legion, and others.

Have a search yourself, and see what's most suitable for you.

Failing that, GW still sell Steel Legion models. Buy a box for £20 and chop them up.

You can also make greenstuff push moulds of the chopped up parts for casting up with putty. They won't be especially great casts, but will still be more than good enough for basing decoration.

Yes, whatever the solution you choose, I also strongly endorse making simple moulds of bits so you can create variety in the mangled 'umies you can come up with. You could have some real gory fun with it if you wanted to.

For corpses, you could try to get some heavy bolter crew, they are laying on the ground so they would make a good base to make dead bodies.

If i recall correctly, Pig Iron productions also produce some minis that could pass as Steel legion, specially considering you don't really need 1:1 replicas.

Kromlech does have tons of heads that would probably work - if you need a slightly more immediate set and don't care about variety as much there's always the 3 model box of space Marines for $10, I bought the 4 model batch of Eldar Guardians for a pair of legs for the conversion challenge and plan to use the rest as props for basing, destroyed Eldar enemies crushed by my heavier models - though the marine box is slightly less useful for that I think due to the compactness of the models.