Corvus Squad's (Best) Loadouts

Something I've been considering allot lately is when I start running my corvus again, what kind of squad is going to yield the best results in a pure DW army that will be survivable, work well with the rest of the army or cover weaknesses we have else elsewhere.

Currently I'm floating between having either 320 points spare to play with for the squad (of any type) or 410 but needing to fill a troop slot in the army.

Personally I was tempted by a squad of 4 frag cannons with a pair of storm shield, melta fist terminators taking the brunt of the enemy fire.

I dont have allot of experience with vanguard and the bikes seem very costly in my eyes so have never really been considered. 

Terminators are good but 265 points for 5 thunderhammer, storm shield guys is not really screaming DW when it is something every other marine force can also do.

What does everyone else like to run as the big nasty squad, any cool pictures, personal findings when playing?

While I don't currently have practical experience to back it up, my list features 2x Corvus Blackstars with 7-man melee squads inside. Xenophase Blade, various Power Weapons, a Storm Shield, a Combi-Weapon or two and a pair of Frag Cannon. In each squad. There's nothing they're not equipped to kill.

The two big advantages to consider for dropping a squad out of a Corvus

1) They can move after you disembark them

2) You have a capacity of 12 troops

So going forward with those two things, melee and close range weapons can do pretty well. I would even argue Vanguard Veterans are a good choice because they can disembark, move up to 12" OVER other enemy models and charge in the same turn. Frags are also a great choice because you essentially disembark and move them within the 8" for maximum effect. For me personally, the Corvus load out will dictate what I drop as well. If I drop a bunch of hammer guys, I might need a Corvus with lots of dakka (assault cannons, hurricane bolters and blackspear rockets) to balance it out / cover them.

I have a 5 VV squad I've used (3 TH's, 2 SS, 5 bolt pistols) that work well when I want to assassinate something. DISCLAIMER: Doesn't guarantee killing Girly Man :-P I'm working a beefier kill team for my Ordo Xenos list. Probably a couple THs, HTHs, and SSs mixed with some cheap guns. 

I just worry about the lacking fire power of the corvus compared to a storm raven and suffers pelenties yo hit for moving.

I'm still in love with the idea of terminators even though vanguard vets sound very nasty in their own right.

Only issue is I can't find meltagun power fists in the index.

It's listed in war gear but not on points or profile.

Does anyone know where I can do d it as it's a bit weird.

I just worry about the lacking fire power of the corvus compared to a storm raven and suffers pelenties yo hit for moving.

I'm still in love with the idea of terminators even though vanguard vets sound very nasty in their own right.

Only issue is I can't find meltagun power fists in the index.

It's listed in war gear but not on points or profile.

Does anyone know where I can do d it as it's a bit weird.

It should be called Powerfist with Auxiliary meltagun. It should be right in the points section for Deathwatch. It's one of a few DW only items. If not, hm....

But I agree with the Powerfist plus melta gun points. That's literally all it is.

Edited by Mobius0288