My Fists

tvih

• 2 weeks later...

No specific background as of yet, my minis arely do. Actually not even a name yet, now that I think about it. Hmm... maybe Faustus. While CF are technically more "Spanish" in theme, this being Latin and "Faust" being "fist" in German should work :tongue.:

Come to think of it, all parts of him are from different sets, except for both the shoulders being identical.

• 3 months later...

First game of 9th yesterday, 2000 points against some tricksy Eldar.

List, roughly, technically played as IF despite being painted as CF:
Smash Captain (Fist of Terra)
Librarian in Terminator Armour
Primaris Lieutenant (relic assault bolter)
3x5 Intercessors with bolt rifles
Invictor
Redemptor
Ironclad
Venerable Dread
2x3 Inceptors with assault bolters
Hellblasters
Repulsor Executioner

At the start, opponent made me go first, so first round all I could do was move towards objectives (fumbling advance rolls on two units and not reaching the third one, resulting in opponent getting +5VP....), and my Ironclad shot both its missiles at some bikes - the only thing visible - and didn't even damage them. Then it got blown to bits by the opponent on his turn. Redemptor and Invictor also took some light damage. Luckily not too much else.

gallery_68041_14905_71388.jpg

Second turn, Librarian's both casts got countered by a xenos witch, despite me rolling nines for them. Nice. I retaliated by destroying almost all of his jetbikes (Shining Spears?) by shooting, two squads of them. Some damage on the transports as well, and also blew up one bike character of some sort with the Invictor. Inceptors landed from deep strikes, putting some dakka on stuff as well. One Hellblaster blew itself up, yay.

Opponent's turn saw him not do all that much with shooting, killing an Inceptor and an Intercessor, as well as a pair of Hellblasters. Not much else that I recall. the xenos 3W 4++ axe murderers charge my Redemptor. Thankfully he quite fumbled his attack rolls, so combined with Duty Eternal he only did 6 wounds. But my own attack rolls were useless, I don't think I even got anything past his overly lucky saves. He also charged my two Inceptors with yet another bike character, I fumbled my overwatch (CP well spent) and he killed one of them.

Turn 3 I retreated with the Redemptor, using the stratagem that still allows to shoot, in order to retaliate against the axe murderers. Both Librarian casts were, once again, countered. The hell was even the point of bringing him?

gallery_68041_14905_57212.jpg
Other than another Hellblaster suiciding, shooting had more success, killing a couple of the axe dudes and blowing up the transport at the top of the pic. The Executioner then split its fire between the infantry that had been inside it and the second transport in the middle. Ridiculously enough, at the time the infantry was left with a single model holding the objective, and the transport at one wound. Though as I started writing this post I realized I forgot the "damage floor" the Heavy Laser Destroyer has, so that roll of 1 damage for one of the two attacks would've been 3, thus causing 2 damage (due to a rule those transports have), and as such would've blown up.

The Smash Captain finally did something by charging the enemy warlord right next to the should-be-dead transport. And from the 5 wounding attacks, only one went through his 4++, doing 1 damage. Hooray... why did I bring him either?

Alas, we were running out of time, and we had to stop before he could do his turn. However, even if he could've killed my Warlord (the Librarian), he would've been at 31 VP, unlikely he would've gotten any other secondaries. In the meanwhile I would've been at 41 or 46, depending on whether or not he would've managed to bring me below 75% of starting units left on the table. I had 25 from the primaries same as him, but 6 from vehicle destructions (well, this is counting the one that SHOULD'VE died), and then 10 or 15 from the surviving units. So, fairly safe to call it a win, I think. I only lost 4 hellblasters (of which two to suicides), two inceptors, an intercessor and the Ironclad, and also 8 wounds from Redemptor and 3 from Invictor. Even with his next turn I likely would've held the advantage of points left on the table.

It's actually weird that this was the case. I HATE facing armies with invulnerability saves, because they always roll their saves WAY above average somehow. His 4++ rolls had results equivalent to at least 3++. My attack rolls were exemplified by events such as Venerable Dread shooting assault cannon with BS 2+ and still missing 4 shots, so it's odd I even killed anything.

---

Well, battle aside, I'm in the process of building some Indomitus stuff. I have one box now and a second a bit later. The Bladeguard, Captain, Lieutenant and Assault Intercessors will be painted for the Templars, but at least the Eradicators will be CF. I'm not sure which I'll paint the bikes for, while Chaplain and Judicar could work for either if I make the shoulder swappable. Not sure it's worth painting one for each chapter given their identical paintjob other than the one shoulder. Though in the same vein I'm not sure what I'll do with the Captain and Lieutenant doubles. Could use as regular Bladeguard I suppose, but it would be a bit pointless if I end up picking up a multipart Bladeguard kit once it arrives, and I likely will. I'm not sure if there's a point painting them as CF either, since BT is for the CC lists going forward (and Pedro with his +1A aura is usually the way for a footslogging CC HQ anyway).

• 1 year later...

Well, this subforum is pretty dead even outside of my own dead thread, but might as well post it since I took the photo. Finally got around to basing my CF terminators... well, melee ones still in progress but did the shooty squad in anticipation of a game on Saturday. Much dremeling to get rid of the Space Hulk models' "bases" first (never mind on the one tearing up the ground!). Also apologies for the crappy background photoshopping on the sides:

gallery_68041_14950_224600.jpg

I did also do retouching due to wear, and finally painted the tyranid bones on that particular model. I still need to drill the barrels except for that model, but then again that holds true for a million other modells, too...

That they are. I'm still contemplating whether to grind out some of the shoulderpads to give them ones with the chapter insignia. Something I need to do for a lot of Primaris monopose models too. I do also have some of those small "shoulder shields" with the insignia that I can give 'em too, though.