The concept of reliability - Google Sheets v0.1

arigatous

The sake of accuracy, could I point out that in your example of the Marine with chainsword attacking the Guardsman, you state that he is re-rolling 1s to hit; the calculation however is for re-rolling all misses. The correct probability to hit would be 2/3 + 1/6 * 2/3, so the probability for inflicting an unsaved wound becomes 28/81.

Wante dto point out what the person above said, but it is an interesting concept and way of doing it. It would be a binomial distribution amd while I do not think it would replace standard Mathammer it is a nice compliment when makong decission to show what units would be more reliable to do what you want. Will keep checking it out and invluding it in my considerations

• 2 weeks later...

The sake of accuracy, could I point out that in your example of the Marine with chainsword attacking the Guardsman, you state that he is re-rolling 1s to hit; the calculation however is for re-rolling all misses. The correct probability to hit would be 2/3 + 1/6 * 2/3, so the probability for inflicting an unsaved wound becomes 28/81.

Yes, of course, my mistake here.

I continue to work on the project but it turned out that Google Sheets are way too unreliable while using custom javascript-based functions.

That is why I will need to create an independent plugin to enhance the calculator and that would obviously require more time and effort. Hope to launch the first independent version at the beginning of August.

Archived