How much does a painted Tau force cost?

Theduke08

Greetings!

If this needs to be moved or is not appropriate for B&C please delete this.

My question is.

How much would a painted Tau army cost consisting of the bellow figs?

Commander with CICx2

Another commander on sprue.

Fireblade

Riptide

Ghostkeal

Broadside x2 

Plasma Crisis team

15 stealth suits

20 firewarrirors

10 Pathfinders

I put together this force a while ago and haven't touched it in years.  I did paint 90% of it to a tabletop or maybe just above tabletop standard.

The retail value is about 500.00ish USD. 

Thanks for looking.

=] Discussion on how much you should ask is ok, trying to find a buyer here is not [=

Now to the helpful part, it has been my experience that selling on eBay and the like that breaking the army up into units will will yield a much better return. Set your prices with a 10% buffer in mind, as that is the % that eBay will nab (price+postage). Very rarely did I fail to sell items, typically I put stuff up for 75-85% of full retail with BIN, and Best Offer.

Cheers,

Jono

If you have one of the new broadside suits and/or Crisis sits with the iridium armor upgrades, I’d be willing to haggle a deal out with you (just for those models, not the whole army lol)!

I think you’ll find more buyers if you sell piecemeal as opposed to a giant lump sum unless they are to a very high quality. Grotsmasha makes a good point and I think the most models I’ve considered buying on eBay or elsewhere are 65-85% of retail value.

Not to discourage you, but paint jobs sometimes make it harder to sell the model because a.)the seller thinks that should add value - and why shouldn’t it, but b.) the buyer is liable to strip the model and want to repaint it anyway, so it should cost less.

Good luck selling and PM if you have either of those new suits!

So, a decently painted army can sell as a whole, and for decent money, but it won't sell quickly. Splitting it up will sell most of it much sooner, and even terrible units will sell if priced right.

But if you honestly want to make money off painted models expect it to sit on eBay for months.

Unless I misunderstood and you're asking how much it's worth...(If you were to sell it). You'd be lucky to get your money back with an excellent paint job.

Painted models typically sell for less than un-painted (again, unless done very well). 50% could be a ball-park.

Which is why my policy is to throw them away.

I'd say aim for 80% but don't be surprised if it's only around 50%.

There are people who just want to play the game and don't care for the paintjob that much but those are definitely in the minority.

Most people however want to give their models their own twist and ensure the painting and modeling is to their standard so they are less willing to pay much for already assembled and painted models.

Unless I misunderstood and you're asking how much it's worth...(If you were to sell it). You'd be lucky to get your money back with an excellent paint job.

Painted models typically sell for less than un-painted (again, unless done very well). 50% could be a ball-park.

Sorry but that's stupid. Even if you get only 20% back it's still better than nothing.

You could find a young kid at your local gaming store that's all starry eyed and excited about the hobby but his mum can't afford for him to jump in just yet....

Imagine how nice you'd feel to make his day by giving him a starting force of a game he loves:biggrin.: ....and you wouldn't feel bitter at all thinking some tight wad cheesy gamer got the better of you in a deal that made you feel ripped off :dry.: ...

if you were going to throw them then throw them at a good cause :happy.:

Mithril

I suspect he was being sarcastic/making a joke. I doubt he'd actually throw models away...

I don't think that's the case.

However that's also not important for this thread.