Word Bearers emerge from the eye - Warlord Incoming....

I'm brand new to CSM. Actually I'm brand new to 40k. Never played a game. But I've been making Black Templars for a while and I figured my zealots needed some zealots to kill, so I decided to start some Word Bearers.

These are still a heavy work in progress. I have to do dry brushing, effects, and basing. 

qjOvItT.jpg

hcoh9Ep.jpg

oSmvtkL.jpg

PzseZXF.jpg

bjCvgYz.jpg

DuBVM88.jpg

Word Bearers WIP https://imgur.com/gallery/dWC65

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

For me that would depend on if his in-game gear matches what you've built on the model.

If it doesn't matter, then yes, I'd say arm him with 2 melee weapons because it's awesome.

If he's WYSIWYG, then I wouldn't. A melee weapon + pistol/combi-weapon would be my choice.

For me that would depend on if his in-game gear matches what you've built on the model.

If it doesn't matter, then yes, I'd say arm him with 2 melee weapons because it's awesome.

If he's WYSIWYG, then I wouldn't. A melee weapon + pistol/combi-weapon would be my choice.

Modeling and converting are what I really love. So I wa thinking of giving him one of those chaos chainswords that also has the metal blade at the end. Paint it with plasma effects on the blade and say he has a power sword and chain sword. The other hand would hold a head or something. Do you think people would accept that? Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

Modeling and converting are what I really love. So I wa thinking of giving him one of those chaos chainswords that also has the metal blade at the end. Paint it with plasma effects on the blade and say he has a power sword and chain sword. The other hand would hold a head or something. Do you think people would accept that?

Yeah man, I think they would. I've heard tournaments may impose harsher judgments on stuff like that, but in general if you make it clear to your opponent what something is supposed to be then they'll be cool about it.

Plus, the cooler it looks, the more excited people will be to interact with it. 

Excellent Matthias, good to see another Word Bearers player. Lots of good chaos players here that can lend advice should you require.

Thanks!

Actually I do have a lot of questions but I'll space them out. I'm not exactly confused about Marks, I just don't know what's best to take. For example is it always good to take marks of khorne, slaanesh, etc on your guys or is it sometimes ok to just leave them standard? I've only read the codex once or twice but from the way I understand it, marked sorcerers can only buff troops with the same mark right?

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

Very nice! I love the alterations you’ve made to the models, utilizing primaris, CSM, and is that some cataphractii bits in there too? Love the color scheme as well. I always thought word Bearers looked better with the type of trim color you’ve picked. Can’t wait to see more progress!!

Once you start down the path of damnation, however, it’s not so easy to stop

Very nice! I love the alterations you’ve made to the models, utilizing primaris, CSM, and is that some cataphractii bits in there too? Love the color scheme as well. I always thought word Bearers looked better with the type of trim color you’ve picked. Can’t wait to see more progress!!

Once you start down the path of damnation, however, it’s not so easy to stop

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, I'm about to go on a 3 month road trip. Just kidding, I'm super stoked. But that means I need to put the hobby on hold for a while. I just got a shipment of bits for my cultists but they'll have to wait. The only update I have on my Word Bearers before I leave is this WIP terminator sorc. For his head I'm using the demon skull from the grey knights box. It'll look like a floating head. Like a possessed/haunted suit of terminator armor. Not really sure yet what I want to give him as a secondary weapon. Some sort of combi-weapon slung at his side? What do you guys recommend?

PApH9oA.jpg

As for what combiweapon I can't say, as it depends on what role you have for your sorceror (will he be up close to the enemy, or lurk in the back field?) and what your army is lacking. 

However, instead of having it strapped to his side, how about putting it on a long pin above his left shoulder so that it looks like it is floating in mid-air?  I think that might look good combined with his wavy-motion arms.

As for what combiweapon I can't say, as it depends on what role you have for your sorceror (will he be up close to the enemy, or lurk in the back field?) and what your army is lacking. 

However, instead of having it strapped to his side, how about putting it on a long pin above his left shoulder so that it looks like it is floating in mid-air?  I think that might look good combined with his wavy-motion arms.

now THAT is brilliant!

That sourcerer is looking great, loving the way he has a second set of arms holding the icon. Im not sure if its the angle of the pic, but the main arms look a little on the small side. Any chance of a pic from a different angle?

That sourcerer is looking great, loving the way he has a second set of arms holding the icon. Im not sure if its the angle of the pic, but the main arms look a little on the small side. Any chance of a pic from a different angle?

They definitely are small because theyre rubric marine arms on a Terminator torso with even bigger slaughter priest legs attached. I'm hoping the pose and the shoulder pads ends up masking how short they are