Word Bearers emerge from the eye - Warlord Incoming....

They definitely are small because theyre rubric marine arms on a Terminator torso with even bigger slaughter priest legs attached. I'm hoping the pose and the shoulder pads ends up masking how short they are

Lorgar does not permit vacations from the great pilgramage knave! JK - looks cool, Im sure the shoulder pads will conceal the scale difference.

Looking forward to seeing some paint on these down the line, safe travels Matthias.

Hopefully the shoulder pads do the trick ... if not maybe add a bit more to the biseps of each arm. I put the termi tourso on my slaughter priest too, one day ill get round to finishing him lol

They're perfect for truescale armies where you use Terminator legs for regular dudes. My only problem now is where do I find more legs this size if I want to make more terminators? I heard archaon is pretty huge. And I think there's another slaughter priest in a different pose but he has cloth pants on. I might have to buy primarch bits from egghead miniatures just to make a Terminator squad haha

I've never seen a centurion in person before. Are they too big to be truescale chaos terminators?

Edit:I guess the other option is to make my termies bulkier than Marines but not taller. Bigger pads and terminator torsos with the hoods might be enough.

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

I agree they are a good size for truescale termies. If you want to make true scale termies i would bulk up normal termie legs, its the cheapest option and I'm sure there is a tutorial on here somewhere for it. 

you might be able to get some ideas from here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344754-40k-wordbearers-and-deathguard/page-3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While I was away, my Word Bearers have been evangelizing and it looks like some Space Wolves accepted the Gospel of Lorgar. These are my Khornate Space Wolf Berzerkers. Or as I like to call them, Fenrisian werewolves on Colchis.

ekXvIa0.jpg

LBNO0mj.jpg

ovUWUrr.jpg

blF06pz.jpg

fstANF3.jpg

vlK3Y0h.jpg

6lgs3J8.jpg

Champion Options:

thJAmHg.jpg

Icon of Wrath

RTsb6pP.jpg

I've still got 3 more to make to bring their numbers up to 8. And thenm I'll fill gaps and glue a few more icons and accessories to cover ugly areas.

I've decided to do all of my elite cult units this way. It doesn't feel right to have Word Bearers dedicated to a single god, so instead they're going to be fallen loyalist chapters who fell sway to my Dark Apostle. Next up will be Blood Angel noise marines!

• 8 months later...

Alright I've been neglecting this thread. I finally finished my berzerkers. Just in case you didn't read the earlier posts, one theme of my Word Bearers army is that my cult-marines aren't going to be WB. They're going to be marines from loyalist chapters that were corrupted or converted by my WB. My first finished squad are these space wolf berzerkers,

fGP2y5I.jpg

E3JcHPw.jpg

l50Fbbt.jpg

VIovuP9.jpg

gqQvYCJ.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of all of them as a group. But there are 7 with (counts-as) Axes and Swords and then two options for the champion.

I'm liking how the Berzerker-wolves ended up.

Now, my question is this: If the Cult troops are going to be enslaved Loyalists, what are the Rubric/Noise/Plague Marines going to be originated from if the Berzerkers are Space Wolves?

Thanks!

That's my...trilemma.

Noise Marines might be blood angels. But that's sort of a stretch. I can see blood angels falling to Slaanesh like decadent vampires but I don't know how to make the "noise" connection.

Rubric Marines are going to be a mix I think. The aspiring sorc will be a Word Bearer and he'll have mindless slaves from various chapters. Or maybe they'll be a special kind of chaos spawn growing out of power armor. I also had the idea of using spirit hosts from AoS to make haunted/possessed empty suits of loyalist armors.

Plague Marines are the hardest. My other army is Black Templars and I have a lot of fluff around these two armies fighting each other. So maybe just zombie black templars? I don't know yet :/

Now, my question is this: If the Cult troops are going to be enslaved Loyalists, what are the Rubric/Noise/Plague Marines going to be originated from if the Berzerkers are Space Wolves?

Thanks!

That's my...trilemma.

Noise Marines might be blood angels. But that's sort of a stretch. I can see blood angels falling to Slaanesh like decadent vampires but I don't know how to make the "noise" connection.

Rubric Marines are going to be a mix I think. The aspiring sorc will be a Word Bearer and he'll have mindless slaves from various chapters. Or maybe they'll be a special kind of chaos spawn growing out of power armor. I also had the idea of using spirit hosts from AoS to make haunted/possessed empty suits of loyalist armors.

Plague Marines are the hardest. My other army is Black Templars and I have a lot of fluff around these two armies fighting each other. So maybe just zombie black templars? I don't know yet :/

Remember: Noise Marines don't need to be sonic-weapon based. They can also be melee.

The AoS Spirit Host idea sounds badass.

As to Plague Marines: I had an idea originally of a Renegade Chapter that was, essentially, Nurgle-corrupted Blood Angels (thank the Dornian Heresy for that idea :laugh.:) Maybe the Red Thirst/Black Rage caused their downfall into Nurgle's embrace?

Edited by Gederas

Thanks!

That's my...trilemma.

Remember: Noise Marines don't need to be sonic-weapon based. They can also be melee.

The AoS Spirit Host idea sounds badass.

As to Plague Marines: I had an idea originally of a Renegade Chapter that was, essentially, Nurgle-corrupted Blood Angels (thank the Dornian Heresy for that idea :laugh.:) Maybe the Red Thirst/Black Rage caused their downfall into Nurgle's embrace?

Good point. Some sort of blood-borne disease would be cool

Those Berzerker wolves look great!

Thanks!

That's my...trilemma.

For slaanesh/noise marines, what about White Scars? Entranced by the trill of the hunt and the perfection of blades, the sonic blaster Noise marines might be themed as heralds with horns, drums, and other noise makers. (Maybe call them squad Jerico, after an ancient legend of walls brought down by trumpets alone)

The AoS idea does sound cool, but another counts-as might be Iron Hands whose bionics are taken over by a technovirus. It keeps reactivating and dragging the screaming weak flesh back into battle.

Maybe have a tech-marine/priest conversion as the squad sorcerer? 

For Plague Marines, rather than directly your black templars, taunt them with their bloodline.

An Imperial Fists squad, pushed beyond the brink of mortal endurance. When they asked for help, Nurgle Answered.

The Yellow armor, now streaked by bile and rot, greens and browns slowly obscuring their former colors. 

Those Berzerker wolves look great!

Thanks!

That's my...trilemma.

For slaanesh/noise marines, what about White Scars? Entranced by the trill of the hunt and the perfection of blades, the sonic blaster Noise marines might be themed as heralds with horns, drums, and other noise makers. (Maybe call them squad Jerico, after an ancient legend of walls brought down by trumpets alone)

The AoS idea does sound cool, but another counts-as might be Iron Hands whose bionics are taken over by a technovirus. It keeps reactivating and dragging the screaming weak flesh back into battle.

Maybe have a tech-marine/priest conversion as the squad sorcerer?

For Plague Marines, rather than directly your black templars, taunt them with their bloodline.

An Imperial Fists squad, pushed beyond the brink of mortal endurance. When they asked for help, Nurgle Answered.

The Yellow armor, now streaked by bile and rot, greens and browns slowly obscuring their former colors.

Oh man I love your idea for Rubrics. The idea of conscious and unwilling iron hands being forced to watch while their possessed augmetics kill their own brothers is horrifying. I might steal that one!

• 1 year later...

If I may, why not make the Noise Marines former Imperial Fists? The narrative behind them in my head goes that the Word Bearers take a bunch of captives after a battle, the warband's Sorcerer mind-probes the prisoners looking for intel, only to learn about the Pain Glove and it's use by the IFs as a form of meditation.

Amused, the Sorcerer got an idea, an awful idea, the Sorcerer got a wonderful, awful idea. He constructs a demonically-powered parody of the Pain Glove and throws the prisoners in one-by-one, leaving each one inside until their mind shatters under the combined physical and mental torment, turning them into crazed, masochistic Slaanesh worshippers.

After their descent into heresy, the new traitors turn their knowledge of architecture and stonework to devious new ends, adjusting their newly-acquired Sonic weapons to switch between various Resonant Frequencies capable of shaking apart structures, vehicles and living organisms with the flick of a switch.

I'm imagining them with armour painted similarly to depictions of the Dornian Heresy's Rogal, with the slightly darker golden-yellow armour, black trim and thorny vine-like decoration snaking along the plate:

rogaldornthebetrayer.jpg

The Red Corsairs' claw icon could make a suitably-corrupted version of the Imperial Fist, and for some reason I can't get the image of the Unit Champion having no skin out of my head, nor the old line "Where we're going, we won't need skin to feel." line from Event Horizon.

Edited by Nomus Sardauk

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since i updated this thread so I think it's about time. I haven't been idle. I recently finished this daemon prince diorama.

o0fUEwd.jpg

A depicts a chaos lord ascending to daemonhood with the assistance of one of his cultists. They've killed an imperial missionary and defiled his body and the instruments of his holy office. The base is way bigger than the official daemon prince base, but the magic circle is 60mm. So in a friendly match, he could still be legal if you measure his auras from the circle of blood.

Here are some more images!

yfoex20.jpg

Snuj0sC.jpg

JKpPiGO.jpg

FCkVrAE.jpg

dPeIRYk.jpg

U8p5ZY8.jpg

pBZM4Zo.jpg