THE LIBER CLUSTER II

Conn Eremon

Glad to see a successor to the old Liber Cluster thread. Now, I'm torn - do I follow through with the older idea of rejected primaris reinforcements for the Conflagrators or begin something new?

@ Conn: Cheers for the update. Personally, I'm okay when it come to original members being able to submit their own ideas along with those who have already made a submission themselves for a different category. The more ideas we've got, the better.

That said, blank spaces are fine too and we already have the original chapters in the fray as well to think about as well which makes me wonder how some would react to the Liber Founding. Hmm...

In any case, I' m down for whatever comes our way :)

@ Conn: Cheers for the update. Personally, I'm okay when it come to original members being able to submit their own ideas along with those who have already made a submission themselves for a different category. The more ideas we've got, the better.

That said, blank spaces are fine too and we already have the original chapters in the fray as well to think about as well which makes me wonder how some would react to the Liber Founding. Hmm...

In any case, I' m down for whatever comes our way :smile.:

The original intent was to allow room for newer individuals to make an equal mark to the Cluster as they did in the first campaign, and because the veterans can also assist in setting their own original ideas and better understanding of the Cluster to work by elevating the original Chapters and other elements to the most current timeline.

Which is exactly what Olis brings to the table:

Glad to see a successor to the old Liber Cluster thread. Now, I'm torn - do I follow through with the older idea of rejected primaris reinforcements for the Conflagrators or begin something new?

The Conflagrators have always been a stubborn lot, not afraid to push their own ideals where unwanted or when in the clear minority. If the Conflagrators do not agree with the principle of the Primaris, then they would reject any provided. Is how I see it, of course.

Question is, what are they rejecting? The means of creating Primaris, or those Primaris already assigned to them? Granted, the latter includes the former, but if it is the latter then you have a conundrum. What do you do with Primaris Marines rejected by their Chapter?

I got an idea that would involve the Lords Inviolate, but you should certainly take first crack at it.

@WG101

I'm sorry to say, but I'm removing the Umbral Specters. As I looked for your most recent post to see if there was an update, the search included all of the Liber. I see now that the Umbral Specters are your DIY that you've moved into the Cluster, which the rules do not allow.

Please don't be disheartened by this, I still want you to be a part of this project, but like with Kelborn I'll need you to create a new DIY. It must be an original DIY created specifically for the Liber Cluster. This is per the Ground Rules iterated in the first post, which I'm going to modify the font and layout to make it stand out more.

EDIT:

@golfdeltafoxtrot

Your most recent update is about 800 words. Quite simply, the easiest fix is to remove sections it doesn't need at this stage, such as Beliefs, Organization, or Homeworld.

If you remove two of those, you'll be perfect.

This goes for everyone too. What I'm seeing is a lot of attempts to create an entire article within the 500-700 word limit. That's not what this is about. This is an introduction to your idea, not the complete take. Because the point of it isn't that each of you create the entirety of your submitted work, but that others complete it.

For example, with the Grey Ravens I'd just take off the Beliefs and Homeworld. Puts it right at 500 words. Afterward, as just an example, both Ace and Necron will be asked to expand on the Grey Ravens, and they each could choose Beliefs and Homeworld to do so.

It won't be the same as what GDF wrote as part of his original notes, but that's the entire point of the Liber Cluster. That each of these concepts we are currently introducing is completed by the work of all.

This is what we did with the original thread, and I recognize my own failing in not being as clear with this as I should have been.

Compare, if you will, the Blades of the Lion's original submission to the final format as can be found in the first page of this thread. All that extra content was not just Reyner's work, but of the entire group tackling parts of it. This is what's going to happen to each of your submissions as well. 

Edited by Conn Eremon

The scent of Heresy has brought me back and what do I discover; Rejecting the Space-Marine Space Marines. I fully support rejecting those dastardly products of heresy!

Also, I've been skimming through the original thread and damn there's some good stuff in there. I particularly like 'The Thinking Machine'. That was quite the story, if you ask me.

Do you have the page numbers for the previous threads operations, random anomalies, and all that fun stuff?

The scent of Heresy has brought me back and what do I discover; Rejecting the Space-Marine Space Marines. I fully support rejecting those dastardly products of heresy!

Also, I've been skimming through the original thread and damn there's some good stuff in there. I particularly like 'The Thinking Machine'. That was quite the story, if you ask me.

Do you have the page numbers for the previous threads operations, random anomalies, and all that fun stuff?

I do not, unfortunately. The work and time that would need to be done is simply too much for me to tackle on my own. I am however certainly willing to update the original posts in this thread with links if others want to take on that task.

Otherwise, what I'd recommend is tossing what you are interested in into the search bar so that you may see all posts in which that feature is mentioned.

I made a lengthy edit to my previous post, if everybody wouldn't mind taking a look.

The Conflagrators have always been a stubborn lot, not afraid to push their own ideals where unwanted or when in the clear minority. If the Conflagrators do not agree with the principle of the Primaris, then they would reject any provided. Is how I see it, of course.

Question is, what are they rejecting? The means of creating Primaris, or those Primaris already assigned to them? Granted, the latter includes the former, but if it is the latter then you have a conundrum. What do you do with Primaris Marines rejected by their Chapter?

I got an idea that would involve the Lords Inviolate, but you should certainly take first crack at it.

I'm happy to hear what you have, brother - this is a collaborative project after all.

I think, part of the reasoning behind the rejection of the primaris boils down to the Chapter having been fooled before. This is too much like a good thing, in their book. Guilliman has supposedly returned and now newer, improved astartes show up? It would feel like someone, in the Imperial High Command, is trying to replace them. 

Also there's this to consider:

Hate to necro this but a thought just crossed my mind, we've pondered the Angels Exultant getting replaced by Primaris, but what about the Blackjaw Kindred? I'm not asking if the Kindred get replaced, I'm asking how would the Kindred, a Chapter who believe Guilliman was a battle-hungry giant in bronze-and-red armour that literally made the Astartes to be the perfect warriors, react to not only Guilliman returning and being NOTHING like what they thought, but he's created an entirely new breed of super marines that (in theory at least) completely outmatch the originals.

Not well I imagine. :ohmy.:

Now there's a curious thought. It could go one of two ways, in my opinion, and neither option is 'good'. First, they could reject this supposedly resurrected Guilliman as the actual Guilliman (this would fall under cognitive dissonance). Second, their faith could/would be shattered and, in such a circumstance, what would happen after that would be anyone's guess. Personally, if option two is used, I'd imagine a religious schism sundering the Kindred as they seek to come to terms with the evident falsehood that at least some of their creed shows. Some may entirely abandon faith in the Emperor, some might seek to reaffirm the rest of their tenets, while some further still might decide to adopt a more mainstream version of the Imperial creed (all depending on circumstance). This, of course, would create friction within the Chapter, I believe.

So, in regard to this cognitive dissonance, Guilliman himself would have to dispel their disbelief. And, even then, what is to say that they would be willing to even see what they might consider an imposter?

Conn Eremon:Search bar? Hmm, didn't even know that was a thing.

Welp, as I journey through the original thread I will share the interesting stories I read. I'd try organize the page and link thingy but sadly, I'm a caveman.

The Thinking Machine: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292767-the-liber-cluster/page-10

On another note- that word limit is murder. I want to keep my short story as the only known visual evidence to my Chaos Marines while squeeeeeezing in a little briefing describing the Process of Convergence. I know I'm finally onto something neat and very Chaosy. This isn't something that comes from the old lore, I want this to be a product of the explosion of Warp nastiness. 

I've read that introduction you've wrote for The Liber Cluster II and I want to capitalize on the new events. Personally, I'm hoping more Renegades fall to Chaos and we get other Chaos related Xeno's. Hehe

Olis: I think I read once in regards to the new Primaris Marines that similar to what you're saying. You have tens of thousands of Space Marines sacrificing their boyhoods, adult years, a loving family to fight tooth and nail against the worst the galaxy has to offer. They've given everything and more, watched their brothers die by the dozens... And they're not good enough. Was their sacrifice not enough, have they not shed enough blood for his beloved Imperium?

It's such a goldmine for story yet it's basically ignored because BIGGER, BETTER, STRONGER! Space Marines. When I read that 90% or so percent accepted the new Primaris Space Marines, I freakin' laughed- LOST IT! I had a good old cackle going on and my side was hurting that's how much I was laughing.

No way would the vast majority of Astarte's accept these guys, it's like having someone spit on your shoe and shaking their hand. I'm genuinely surprised more Chapters didn't flip Guilliman the bird. (Shout out to Minotaurs).

But anyways, you've officially made me emotionally invested in the direction your Chapter will be going in this next iteration of the Liber Cluster.

Edit: Made the final edit to my Singala Cadre and they're ready to be scrutinized, criticized and hopefully permitted into THE LIBER CLUSTER!

Edited by Fat Necron

Conn Eremon:Search bar? Hmm, didn't even know that was a thing.

Welp, as I journey through the original thread I will share the interesting stories I read. I'd try organize the page and link thingy but sadly, I'm a caveman.

The Thinking Machine: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292767-the-liber-cluster/page-10

As for interesting reading, try here, here and here, amongst other things. They might pique your interest.

Olis: I think I read once in regards to the new Primaris Marines that similar to what you're saying. You have tens of thousands of Space Marines sacrificing their boyhoods, adult years, a loving family to fight tooth and nail against the worst the galaxy has to offer. They've given everything and more, watched their brothers die by the dozens... And they're not good enough. Was their sacrifice not enough, have they not shed enough blood for his beloved Imperium?

It's such a goldmine for story yet it's basically ignored because BIGGER, BETTER, STRONGER! Space Marines. When I read that 90% or so percent accepted the new Primaris Space Marines, I freakin' laughed- LOST IT! I had a good old cackle going on and my side was hurting that's how much I was laughing.

No way would the vast majority of Astarte's accept these guys, it's like having someone spit on your shoe and shaking their hand. I'm genuinely surprised more Chapters didn't flip Guilliman the bird. (Shout out to Minotaurs).

But anyways, you've officially made me emotionally invested in the direction your Chapter will be going in this next iteration of the Liber Cluster.

Thank you for the encouraging words, brother. I'm of the opinion, given the mental state that my Chapter (well, it's also the Liber's Chapter), that they would deny succour and brotherhood to those they might consider 'false'. Now, what of those that are turned away? Spurned by those they thought might be their kin? 

They would be despondent. Angry. But they'd also be just as stubborn. Who needs the old Chapter, anyway? They are the way things now are, not what they were. They are the Emperor's chosen - Guilliman's own entrusted. They would fight the enemies of mankind, no matter the rejected kinship.

As I'm not too sure what they should be called, maybe I can let the community decide or give suggestions. ^_^

Quick question:

If we submit several chapters, one of them will be chosen or the first one?

'Cause an idea hit me today about a Asian themed chapter. Something like a mixture of the Samurai culture and (and now it's getting kind of weird) Blizzard's Pandaren: brewmasters, living in balance, war philosopher, bit of martial arts, generall arts as part of their culture, maybe a Salamanders successor (as White Scars would be too obvious and we alread got several Raven Guard successors in here).

Again, this is just an idea and if I'd have to choose, I think I still might go on with the Argent Claws. Just wanted to ask. ;)

Quick question:

If we submit several chapters, one of them will be chosen or the first one?

It's just one submission per person, for the moment.

I suppose you could replace the Argent Claws entirely with this new Chapter you've got, but I doubt you'd be allowed both Chapters.

For what it's worth, if I was allowed a second Warband I'd be making a Khornate warband inspired heavily by the Dark Brotherhood from the Elder Scrolls. :devil:

If a third, then a Biker-gang themed Nurgle Warband. :laugh.:

(Both those ideas are there for the taking, if anyone reading this is looking to make their own Chaos Warband and needs some inspiration :wink:)

EDIT:

As I'm not too sure what they should be called, maybe I can let the community decide or give suggestions. :happy.:

How about the Flamesworn?

Or would these new Conflagrators have less of a 'fire' motif?

In which case, I'm less certain what to suggest.

Edited by Ace Debonair

@WG101

I'm sorry to say, but I'm removing the Umbral Specters. As I looked for your most recent post to see if there was an update, the search included all of the Liber. I see now that the Umbral Specters are your DIY that you've moved into the Cluster, which the rules do not allow.

Please don't be disheartened by this, I still want you to be a part of this project, but like with Kelborn I'll need you to create a new DIY. It must be an original DIY created specifically for the Liber Cluster. This is per the Ground Rules iterated in the first post, which I'm going to modify the font and layout to make it stand out more.

I didn't look at the rules well enough then I'll be busy making a new chapter for the cluster just give me an hour or so

It's just one submission per person, for the moment.

I suppose you could replace the Argent Claws entirely with this new Chapter you've got, but I doubt you'd be allowed both Chapters.

For what it's worth, if I was allowed a second Warband I'd be making a Khornate warband inspired heavily by the Dark Brotherhood from the Elder Scrolls. :devil:

If a third, then a Biker-gang themed Nurgle Warband. :laugh.:

I'm aware of the one submission per person. Just wanted to clarify if I'd have to replace the Claws entirely or if the "best fitting" one would be chosen as the new submission. Thanks for clarifying.

Regarding those Biker-Nurgle warband...

uu9pmDP.gif

I didn't look at the rules well enough then I'll be busy making a new chapter for the cluster just give me an hour or so

That's the spirit! :biggrin.:

Looking forward to seeing what you create. :happy.:

Don't worry got a colour scheme already for them just need to write up a history for them possibly going to have them have a history with the Umbral Spectres but its only going to be a mention just keep an eye on the Umbral Spectres post I'll replace them with the new Chapter today or tomorrow

I'd say just post it in the thread for now - if that's incorrect I'm sure we'll find out shortly. :laugh.:

Besides, seeing other people's ideas is a good way to get your own ideas going - who knows what your Chapter might, in turn, inspire? :happy.:

Going to post it now then

Golems Fists

“We stand for those who cannot”

Geneseed (Predecessor): Imperial Fists

Founding: Ultima

Chapter Master: Egain Starseeker

History: The Golems Fists Chapter were created at the end of the Indominus crusade during the breakup of the Unnumbered Sons Primaris Legion in the decades following they have shown themselves to be masters of siege warfare and have provided themselves as backup for multiple other chapters including the now Missing Umbral Spectres chapter whom they competed with to gain a Homeworld within the Liber Cluster.

Their Chapter Master has a set of morals not commonly seen amongst Space Marines and absolutely abhors slavery of any kind and has threatened members of the Adeptus Mechanicus to provide his ships with Automated Systems or Servitors to crew the ship instead of serfs and slaves.

The chapter is codex compliant as of the most recent observations and utilize codex formations and tactics. However, with their most recent engagement being with the Umbral Spectres they may have begun to diverge from the codex.

They are Currently en-route to the Liber Cluster to select a Homeworld.

Chapter Symbol:

Chapter Colour Scheme:

Homeworld:

??? (To be decided)

Recruitment world:

???

Beliefs:

The chapter has become heroes of sorts after they took up a set of beliefs that state that they should not keep slaves and that they must protect the innocent and those who cannot fight for themselves.

Current Strength:

Known Decedents:

None 

(just a first Draft will edit to give it more words soon)

Heres the New Chapter Please provide feedback I will be making Edits based off of the feedback Given

WG101

I have questions that might help flesh the Chapter out for a bit later on rather than direct feedback, although answering these might be best saved for later in the collaborative stage.

They don't enslave serfs, but what about ones that volunteer?

How do they react to Imperial organisations/cultures/individuals that practice slavery?

How do they react towards humans that have been enslaved by xenos or chaotically aligned forces?

Heres the New Chapter Please provide feedback I will be making Edits based off of the feedback Given

I'd say take the bit about the Umbral Spectres out, simply because I'd rather see your new Chapter stand on it's own.

I like the fact they're adamantly against slavery of any kind, but I should point out that technically Servitors are probably closer to slaves than serfs are. Servitors basically do as they are programmed, with little to no free will of their own. Serfs are still human, and could serve the Chapter through loyalty or out of a desire for glory or any number of other reasons instead of blind obedience.

Perhaps if they exclusively use volunteers to crew their ships, instead?

If I'm entirely honest, I'm a little unsure of the name, too.

Golems were automated servants that followed the orders they were given - it's an unusual choice of name for a Chapter so devoted to individual free will.

If you're stuck for alternate names, just say so and we'll all throw some suggestions your way.

Overall though, I think I like these guys more than the Umbral Spectres so far - there's a lot of potential for them to make interesting friends (and enemies) as the Cluster progresses.

EDIT:

*RESERVED*

I almost didn't see that, Cambrius. :laugh.:

Sneakiness like that would lend itself well to the will of the Dark Gods, if you're undecided which flag to fly... :whistling:

Edited by Ace Debonair

I'd say take the bit about the Umbral Spectres out, simply because I'd rather see your new Chapter stand on it's own.

I like the fact they're adamantly against slavery of any kind, but I should point out that technically Servitors are probably closer to slaves than serfs are. Servitors basically do as they are programmed, with little to no free will of their own. Serfs are still human, and could serve the Chapter through loyalty or out of a desire for glory or any number of other reasons instead of blind obedience.

Perhaps if they exclusively use volunteers to crew their ships, instead?

If I'm entirely honest, I'm a little unsure of the name, too.

Golems were automated servants that followed the orders they were given - it's an unusual choice of name for a Chapter so devoted to individual free will.

If you're stuck for alternate names, just say so and we'll all throw some suggestions your way.

Overall though, I think I like these guys more than the Umbral Spectres so far - there's a lot of potential for them to make interesting friends (and enemies) as the Cluster progresses.

EDIT:

*RESERVED*

I almost didn't see that, Cambrius. :lol:

Sneakiness like that would lend itself well to the will of the Dark Gods, if you're undecided which flag to fly... :whistling:

I was actually going to have the name be the word "Golem" be in a dead language (english) and that they don't even know what its true meaning is yet possibly when they find out it leads to some sort of conflict. As with servitors they are of the bare minimum legal requirement in terms of human parts and they are the vat grown variant. Also going to edit the serf bit so the volunteer only policy applies Umbral Spectres will also be edited out

EDIT:

As I'm not too sure what they should be called, maybe I can let the community decide or give suggestions. :happy.:

How about the Flamesworn?

Or would these new Conflagrators have less of a 'fire' motif?

In which case, I'm less certain what to suggest.

Well, let's look at their situation. They've travelled across the across the Imperium, through the Deeps and all the way to Cardinalis itself only to be turned away. They've walked a long path to find no succour. They will be bitter and potentially angry. Perhaps they've had losses on the way and now they feel such casualties were for naught? It may be that they feel the old Chapter does not deserve them, that they are not true sons of Vulkan. 

With this in mind, I think 'Sons of the Forge' might work. They are eschewing ties to the Conflagrators in favour of the old Legion, and yet (out-of-universe) I am still tying them loosely to the Conflagrators nonetheless, regardless of inter-chapter relations.

@WG101

Serfs tend to be treated well, Chapter depending, but are also almost universally a hereditary position. Enslavement in the sense that there is no volunteering. You're a serf because your parents were serfs, but on the bright side you probably have one of the better lives available to humanity in the 41st Millennium. 

Replacing them with vat-grown servitors or volunteer serfdom does work, and it'd be interesting to see what system they create to foster that environment. Do they have an open presence with their home world or fleet, making recruitment into the Chapter or service as a serf something of a job recruitment drive with a 40k twist? Or, is it still hereditary in the normal sense, with the progeny simply being given the choice between leaving the Chapter's service or swearing their life to it?

As an aside, I see you've created an outline with a few categories waiting to be edited in. My recommendation: remove them entirely. It's the same pitfall I warned GDF about, this is not an article but an introduction. Consider the examples that were given to show what was expected.

@Olis

To be honest, I kinda like the sound of Flamesworn over Sons of the Forge, though I understand your logic. Basically, they may call themselves Salamander successors, but the primaris returning, and being rejected, feel themselves truer sons than they. We are the Sons of the Forge, not you.

That said, you said the words "true sons of Vulkan," and now I can't stop thinking of that as a name; the True Sons. And that brings me kinda to the idea I had, which is that the Conflagrators are probably not going to be the only Chapter that rejects the primaris, either the means of production or those already created and newly assigned. Or both, in the Conflagrators' case. While I certainly see the Blades accepting the means of production, would they accept outsiders into their Chapter? Those not inducted into their secrets and mysteries? There's the Angels Exultant, come to the Cluster to find that there is no Chapter for them to be a part of. What about the Doomsayers, who were believed to be gone but then returned three thousand years back in an overwhelmingly confrontational way? Do they even still exist, or did the conflict they sparked spell their own end? I'm not sure we ever concluded that scenario, to be honest.

But the point is, there might be a host of primaris without Chapters to accept them. In the case of the Angels Exultant, maybe there's enough to recreate the Chapter instead. But those rejected by the Conflagrators or the Blades of the Lion? Perhaps Doomsayer reinforcements found no Chapter but choose not to recreate it. Or any other Chapter that might similarly reject their primaris, like the Lords Inviolate themselves.

Because if the Lords Inviolate see an orphaned host of primaris, bereft of anchor or succor, perhaps they'd look at their own reinforcements and consider an alternative use for them. Rather than inducting them into the Chapter, they could be the iron core of an independent, officially declared war host of all orphaned primaris and granted the shared name of the True Sons. Pretty much a re-imagining of the Unnumbered Sons, I realize now, but of course the Lords Inviolate would think along similar lines to their distant father. The Lords Inviolate would 'sacrifice' their own reinforcements (but not their means of production) in order to grant the True Sons enough manpower to be an effective force.

The Sons of the Forge could be an autonomous company (or companies) within the True Sons war host. Those reassigned Lords Inviolate would be the Sons of the Avenger? Liberator?

The True Sons would be a fleet-based crusader force, utilizing repurposed / extended / newly built sections of the immense Conclave structure as their permanent base of operations.

Sound like a cool idea?

Just a thought, perhaps those Primaris Marines that originally arrive but get rejected by their chapters decide to keep the name of the Unnumbered Sons and organise themselves into Hosts depending on their geneseed. The Hosts themselves could have their own names and such. Just a thought.

So you won't have me hating on the concept of joint writing. Personally I've got some stories for the Grave Walkers, in particular. The concept of everyone's work being available to other participants in the Liber Cluster is all well in good, however, my only worry is biases. 

We have oodles of Space Marines Chapters looking for their own chaff to completely obliterate to make themselves look ever more heroic; I'm not on board with that. 

This may be my own paranoia but I think it's warranted where the other thread ended with a decisive Imperial victory. I give props to Ace Debonair for writing that phenomenal combat scene in such detail, but given the force brought against the Lions- they had no chance.

My fear is people will be dog piling the Renegades and Chaos factions like no tomorrow. I, personally, believe every Chapter to date will be a tad splintered. I'm reading through the denizens sections and I gotta say, being a loyalist appears to be rife with problems. All those chaos and renegade factions cruising about will keep them preoccupied. 
The previous thread had a crusade force, something that was mildly cohesive. What my impression is, after the dust settled, war and disaster has become an integral part of the cluster. Chapter conflicts, Imperial Governors possessed by greed, ect ect. The shadow of the Eighteen World Crusade looms over despite being so long ago. Back then the Imperium could come together, now it's fragmenting. It's because of this a new force was brought in; The Primaris Space Marines (May they one day all bun). Their presence is meant to stem the tide of chaos and rebellion tearing the cluster asunder... Or so goes my own impression of current events.

All that said, I'm praying contributors will take into account my perspective and come to their own conclusions. I'm hoping we'll read about Chapter facing annihilation, grasping the lip of extinction but never letting go. I want to see the stories of Renegades, human and Astarte's, weaving political webs to fund their cold war against the Imperium. Tell me about those supposed Excommunicatus Tratorious Space Marines who arrived to clasp the gauntlet of the Chapter starring into the barrel of annihilation.That's what I want to read about, not sweeping victories with one or two loses... But I digress.

I just felt compelled to go on a bit of a rant regarding the shared writing. I do support the idea as I want to read other peoples rendition of my Lovecraft/Silent Hill themed guys. I, myself, have begun my own little story on the Grave Walkers (Mmm, I'm just in love with their aesthetic). So take this with a grain of salt. If it does turn out to be Space Marines mauling everyone, I guess I'll have to live with it but such is life.

Olis: Despite the sheer ignorance a lot of Space Marines have, I do think it's overly exaggerated a bit too often. Your Chapter could outright reject them, I'm not saying they can't but I do think there might be a bit more to it.

I think you're on the right track on what might happen to them. Whether your fire spewers like it or not, they've been appointed to their Chapter by the High Lords of Terra and Rawbutt Girlyman himself. If I'm reading you correctly, them forming their own, separate entity outside the Chapter is a neat concept. There's going to be a lot of tension with the new guys and their parent Chapter, which will make for some interesting stories. They're essentially forced to wear the colors and heraldry of a Chapter who hates them, would spit on them and leave them to rot... My god that's torturous. 
You could go into a multitude of directions regarding this angle. Personally just typing this is probably the first time (I'm not kidding) I've felt any real interest for the Primaris Space Marines. To endure such contempt and be expected to do so in silence is Mmmm! delicious writing material. Hell, I'll even throw my hat into the ring and do my own rendition of it, later down the line.

As to what you call them, I honestly think you should keep them as The Conflagrators to further hammer the point home. Whether they like it or not, that's their Chapter. Albeit a hated one, they are products of the same Gene-Seed and raised in a similar manner to that Chapters ways and customs. 

I think there should be a multitude of these occurrences happening; three or four, at most. Anyway, these situations of segregation is where Chapter x Chapter come into conflict. Some Primaris can't take deal with it while others, more docile ones, accept this reality and continue murdering in the Emperor's name.

Take that all with a grain of salt, mind you. I'm just pitching a bunch of random idea's for idea's sake!