4th Sphere info

Skaorn

1. Chaos Tau?

2. Doesn't some source talk about how the 4th Sphere ended up in the Baal sector right around the time every Successor of Sanguinius was in town practicing their sword swing for Hive Fleet Leviathan?

Think that this was just a part of the 4th. There was another mentioning in another codex. Can't remember which, though.

I still view the 4th as our DIY sphere like the Lost Legions, etc.

Still, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Makes sense but sounded very differently in the linked fluff text.

BoLS did seem to be cutting and pasting so probably just took the parts they thought were good. Some other bits I learned was:

Slip drives worked fine on their own.

Someone suggested not starting all the drives at once but the Ethereals shut them down.

Some mysterious entity led the fleet to an exit and now it's a wormhole.

It's around 25 minutes in.

Makes sense but sounded very differently in the linked fluff text.

BoLS did seem to be cutting and pasting so probably just took the parts they thought were good. Some other bits I learned was:

Someone suggested not starting all the drives at once but the Ethereals shut them down.

Some mysterious entity led the fleet to an exit and now it's a wormhole.

It's around 25 minutes in.

Those infos are much appreciated!

Gonna read it properly once I have it in my hands since I really don't like "watching" Codexes via youtube.

Called it.

I honestly think that either an Old One remnant is helping them.

Or a Fragment of Vaal is helping the tau/created the ethereals

So I bought the codex, and read a bit. It seems they were saved by something/someone that also created the wormhole. It seems that witnessing that event/creature fundamentally changed the Tau of the 4th sphere.

Could it have been an Old One? The chaos gods would have no interest in saving them.

"Something possessing an hideous sentience had dragged them from that nightmare realm, tearing a great furrow trough the fabric of unreality in the process"

Basically whatever or whomever saved them also created the wormhole.

The 4th expansion guys do not talk about it, and they distrust alien auxiliaries because I assume they got possessed/were greatly affected by the warp.

Edited by Sete

So here is a wild speculation on a possibility: the Tau weren't led out but kicked out. Maybe whatever causes them to barely register in the Warp makes them a kind of irritant to Chaos. Maybe having a bunch of them in the Warp made some god crazy enough to punch a hole into real space to get them out ASAP. "I don't want to deal with you. Take your loud music and get the hell out!"

If they were irritants, they'd cause deny the witch rolls.

My guess is, whatever created the ethereal caste is still there watching.

My guess.

An old one.

Who for spite and rage brought back the necrontyrbin there organic state, and had been guiding there evolution as a giant middle finger to the necron and ctan.

Hey sets, is there any tau empire reactions to the primaris Marines?

I'm talking about irritating not being anathema to the Warp. Like having your next door neighbor blasting music at 12am, not starting a fire and having your house fill with smoke with you inside. So no deny the witch.

If they were irritants, they'd cause deny the witch rolls.

My guess is, whatever created the ethereal caste is still there watching.

My guess.

An old one.

Who for spite and rage brought back the necrontyrbin there organic state, and had been guiding there evolution as a giant middle finger to the necron and ctan.

Hey sets, is there any tau empire reactions to the primaris Marines?

Haven't read it fully, just wanted info on the 4th expansion, but didn't see anything about it.There is a Hrud mention tho.

Already bought a new Fire Warrior box for a kill team. Gonna go for a 4th sphere of expansion sept.

Edited by Sete

"Something possessing an hideous sentience had dragged them from that nightmare realm, tearing a great furrow trough the fabric of unreality in the process"

Basically whatever or whomever saved them also created the wormhole.

The 4th expansion guys do not talk about it, and they distrust alien auxiliaries because I assume they got possessed/were greatly affected by the warp.

So here is a wild speculation on a possibility: the Tau weren't led out but kicked out. Maybe whatever causes them to barely register in the Warp makes them a kind of irritant to Chaos. Maybe having a bunch of them in the Warp made some god crazy enough to punch a hole into real space to get them out ASAP. "I don't want to deal with you. Take your loud music and get the hell out!"

Could be a mixture of both. As far as I remember, Tau don't register with Chaos, due to being a non psychic race as a whole. Seeing alien members going bat poo bonkers would deeply unsettle me too to be honest.

Nah chaos was taking their time killing the Tau, feeding on their fear and horror

The novelty of a new (relatively speaking) race to play with would be a draw for the Chaos Gods, but like a lot of "treats" they could be bad for your health in the long term :lol: Edited by Aqui
I hate auto correct <_<

So I read it by myself and it's interesting to see some hardliner T'au, who had to face off against the denizens of the warp and mad / most likely possessed humans and other races.

This includes Kroot as well, right? I remember a Kroot, who seemed to have eaten chaos-y prey in Fire & Ice.

I'm glad that the 4th is covered so detailed and well. It'll help me quite a lot in working on my 4th Sept, isolated from the rest of the empire.

Yeah Kroot are not immune or resistant to the powers of chaos at all. Eating chaos worshipper is one of their few taboos even (tho it's kinda hard to say who's a chaos worshipper and who isn't).