4th Sphere info

Skaorn

Tell that to a predator, which is constantly hungry for flesh, nearly regardless of its source. ;)

But I did understand it correctly that staying in stasis saves you from the effects, right?

At least that is how I've understood the 5th fleet's arrival in the Atoll.

It seems the wormhole is not affected by the warp. But what entity can create something like that? Maybe a C'tan? The Outsider?

The old ones used the webway so it's unlikely to be one of them. A being powerfull enough to create a stable wormhole, and to avoid the warp completely? Has to be related to Necrons.

Even if they are on stasis without the Geller fields daemons would just wreck things up/destroy the ships.

It has to be the Outsider. All who look upon it feel Terror, just like the guys from the 4th sphere of expansion, and he was locked in a dyson sphere that might have been destroyed the the great rift. Like the eldar said he "one dark night, it shall return."

Edited by Sete

But I did understand it correctly that staying in stasis saves you from the effects, right?

At least that is how I've understood the 5th fleet's arrival in the Atoll.

They went into stasis because they didn't know how long the travel would take and the T'au life span is already short enough as is. Also because it's probably safer in general. The wormhole seems to be stable enough to travel it without sideeffects and the original 4th Sphere Expansion fleet didn't have trouble traveling through the warp either (at least the T'au part of the fleet). It just wasn't a particularly pleasent experience to get constantly harassed by Daemons and possessed auxilliaries. ^^