https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P93JhrkedV0

T
he Siege had taken a bloody toll so far, and Wu-Lei was beginning to wonder if the incessant pounding of artillery would ever end. The Krn'Hskr ash wastes had once been home to clear skies, and a soft breeze, but now, the sky was an angry black, and the wind was a howl, a roar of a world dying, lamenting that it's children strive to destroy each other. 

The Darga stood silently, his helm and glaive resting on the battlement of the Memorial Fortress. He had been born on Chogoris, but had longed to visit Terra, to write poetry, and ride alone, exploring the outlands, the forgotten corners of the Throneworld. He now wished he had never set foot on Terra at all. The massing formations of the enemy were all he saw. He took a deep breath, breathing in the acrid smoke and picked up his glaive. Perhaps, in time, he would have an opportunity to return, and ride along the plains. Perhaps. 

46712239035_2802f29502_z.jpg

[Darga Wu-Lei //: KIA OD +34: Engine Failure]

46712239555_d6489a138e_z.jpg

[Legionary Monchi KIA OD+7: Artillery Fire]

Edited by Vazzy

I really like Wu-Lei, the pose is solid and the top knot's flow makes it look as if he is standing strong against a howling wind (a metaphor for the traitor legions assaulting the palace, if you will). The skull and other trinkets (honestly, I've never been able to work out what those sticks actually are...) fill up the blank space aound his waist and add interest to the composition.

• 2 weeks later...

"There I met an old man

Who wouldn’t say his prayers;
I took him by the left leg,
And threw him down the stairs"

-Poem pulled from Apocryphal texts, found on murder victims of Holrege Slum

T
he hive slums during the battle of Terra were not only to battles between mortal warriors, but were also stalked by things spoken of only in whispers. Dread nightmares, beasts that had once only been thought to exist in myths prowled the dark and huddling masses, causing strife and terror wherever they appeared. Some of these attacks were random, inspired by the confluence of emotional strife that plagued the cowering civilians and human warriors behind the Wall. Others, however, were directed. The Memorial Fortress would primarily see combat between the three Loyalist legion forces and the XX legio and III Legio, but by OD+20, contingents of the XVII Legion would arrive, planning to use the vile arts and black majik to break the defenders. Casualties would be immense, and only the intervention of the battle-hardened nullifactor squads would help stem the tide. The Word Bearers that the loyalist defenders faced were heavily mutated, armor patterns almost unrecognizable to Imperial historians reviewing battle footage. By OD+30, the Sorcerers of the XVII Legion would be dead, but at heavy cost, especially to the members of the IX Legion Destroyer cadre that were present. That story is for another time.

46987988674_71af5fac32_z.jpg

33900212528_2c4b98106b_z.jpg

[Legionary of the Word Bearers. Pict Capture has distortion, creating illusion that the warrior is unfinished, or not fully developed. Later captures will dispute this photo.]

I really like Wu-Lei, the pose is solid and the top knot's flow makes it look as if he is standing strong against a howling wind (a metaphor for the traitor legions assaulting the palace, if you will). The skull and other trinkets (honestly, I've never been able to work out what those sticks actually are...) fill up the blank space aound his waist and add interest to the composition.

Thanks Pearson! I really had fun putting  it together. I imagined the little scrolls to be some of his poetry he wrote. 

More White Scars, please and thank you. :smile.:

Will do. Hopefully soonish. Some of the WIP images will be updated with paint, as will some sneaky snakes appearances. 

Khagan be pleased, brother!

Thank you brother!

• 2 weeks later...

Only as Horus’ rebels revealed the true corruption at their hearts did the Nullifactors begin to appear in the order of battle of the Legiones Astartes. The first such units were ad-hoc assemblies of veteran warriors wielding hastily manufactured weaponry and poorly understood superstition in a brave attempt to stem the tide of madness Horus had unleashed upon the Imperium. Few of these valiant warriors would survive, but the wisdom bought with their lives armed their successors all the better. By the final years of the Horus Heresy, the Nullifactors had become a  highly disciplined arm of the legions, forged in the crucible of desperation to counter the threat of the foulest xenos breeds and the daemonic incursions that had become all too frequent.

47852524221_aefd07d65d_z.jpg

[Nullifactor Sergeant Carnamah, 7th Legion]

33975147208_6d55f53672_z.jpg

[Carnamah was one of the original Seventh Legion Nullifactors. A member of Sigismund's assault on the Comet-Shrine he fell back upon tribal superstition from whatever planet he had been recruited from. Along with other survivors from various daemonic incursions, he helped found the Nullifactors,though their use was limited by Dorn himself until the Siege. A grizzled veteran, Carnamah would be of vital importance in driving back many of the daemons that would assault the walls.]

33975147128_c45cd45f46_z.jpg

[Nullifactor Faustus]

I love the fluff behind all your posts mate, the matching of music too is fantastic! Such a cool thread im following for sure! Oh and the models are sweet too :wink:

Thank you brother! I'm glad you like it!

Awesome start on the Word Bearer. He’s looking good in that “distorted” pic!

The fluff has me assuming/hoping we see some diabolical conversions and warp entities soon.

Oh we will! We absolutely will.

Traitors? Booo! Hiss! :tongue.:

Jokes aside, looking good though I'm waiting to see those White Scars painted. :smile.:

Back to loyalists for now lol. Lots of jumping now.

Edited by Vazzy

I always thought diaboists were sweet fluff wise. I could just imagine one walking about a battlefield waving their hands like scarlet witch/dr strange wreaking havoc. And the new daemons look cool too so I’ll be keeping my eyes for some devious goodness.

I like the nullifactors fluff wise and minis. I’m real unfamiliar with this unit, home brewed or from gw/FW? I’m also excited to see you take on the Imperial Fists. You are bringing forth some sweet stuff.

The Nullifactors are an interesting idea, but I doubt a Loyalist Space Marine Legion's Chaplaincy will tolerate their formation- unless the Chaplains themselves organized the Nullifactors, using the Chaplains' own knowledge of the "nonsense superstitions" they originally intended to weed out of the Legion's recruits (know the enemy to fight the enemy) as the foundation for how to fight the Warp's denizens.

After the Heresy, the Nullifactors may be retained as an organization within the Loyalist Chapters' Chaplaincy- in-game, as the Chaplains' Honor Guards, armed with weapons that allow them to re-roll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls against enemy psykers and Daemons.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 4 weeks later...

The Angel's Tears -Also known as the Broken Blade, or Dead Hand, for the cruel devastation they brought to the foe, each individual warrior bore the title Erelim, and served as Sanguinius' wrath set forth by his will to scour away those he decreed unworthy of being saved. They were the most commonly seen of the Orders, serving the role other Legions would refer to as Destroyers. 

The Siege would see the use of many of the weapons once only used as a measure of last resort. For the IXth legion, this led to many units being organized into The Angel's Tears. One such host of these warriors would serve in the defense of the Memorial Fortress. Led by a Moritat of the IXth Legion that went by the name Malchadiel, they were a black armored host that would reave their way through the traitor forces arrayed against them. None were seen absent the silver death mask so common to their order, even in death. In truth, most did not even speak save when necessary, for their proscribed task had hardened their hearts to a shared struggle. 

48034828631_b95f3df57e_z.jpg

[Destroyer of the IXth: Boreas]

48034939877_88e0a19c67_z.jpg

[Lost on OD+15// Slain by mortal auxilia after ammunition was spent]

48034828321_9705b9b991_z.jpg

[boreas was a member of Squad Rafael, and was responsible for the death of 100+ mortals alone. He would be the only casualty on OD+15, having been cut off from his brothers. His remains would be unrecoverable.]

48034873518_e31ef57b45_z.jpg

[Boreas wore MKIII powered armor, rare among his Host, and in sharp contrast to the rest of his squad. Records indicate that Boreas was not normally a member of squad Rafael, but had been selected by the Angel himself to fill the gap. No indication is given for why a century old veteran was pulled from his unit two days before planet fall.]

All 3 Siege Legions will suffer my attention from here on out! I hope everyone likes the Destroyer scheme! Would love feed back, as I am not sure how I feel about the gold.

Edited by Vazzy

"The Angel of Death"

48046187022_199cf6a3eb_z.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the trio of the fortresses defenders. Nice variation in colors and bits that can be used amongst them.

The destroyer looks great and is properly weathered. Is he getting a jump pack or a power pack?

Jump pack probably, but he really is just a test model haha. 

Looks nice, would be better with sanguinary guard mask

Yeah, like I said, most of my destroyers will have them, though I am a big fan of the actual helmets. Hope you like the moritat!

"All good things must come to an end."

-Ancient Terran Proverb

48101600511_1a026b42c9_z.jpg

[Wall-Sergeant Aristedes- Primus Pilus of the 366th Co.]

Aristedes still needs to be weathered, but I know he looks familiar to some of you. 

Looks ace, quite an artisanal look

Thanks brother! Glad you like him!

That angel of death is rad!!

Thanks Hush! Anything you don't like?

That's a gorgeous Moritat!

Thank you! 

The wall sergeant is awesome. As is the name of his rank/title.

As for the Angel of Death I love it. The III legion bits, I think that's a palatine blade body, works well with the Blood Angel's aesthetics. The artisan work and details just mesh with the BA shoulder pad and head. If anything I wish GW or FW would make those death masks with an open/screaming maw. Kind of like the immortals from 300. I think the howling visage on the death mask would be sweet on a BA moritat.

• 3 weeks later...

"A Knife in the Dark"

​"The Seeker squads employed by many of the Legions were, according to some reports, pioneered first by the Alpha Legion to this end, and certainly such squads, along with specialized Reconnaissance squads, were common to almost all of the legions battle formations. These tactics were taken a step further  by the Alpha Legion in the creation of an elite unit geared specifically to rapidly inflicting targeted casualties behind enemy lines, known as the Headhunters or 'Effrit'...

-Unknown Author

"They came out the shadows, their armor a greenish black. I couldn't make out the unit markings, I just ran and hid while they executed the command cadre and melted back into the black from which they came." 

-Flag General Otto Nax, 352nd Storm Brigade

48259626251_bd5d5bc980_z.jpg

[unknown XXLegion Stealth Operative]

48259693842_37026f0010_z.jpg

[Pict Capture taken from data core seeded among battle files. Origin unknown. Lack of Alpha-Omega iconography and usage of the Lernaen Hydra suggests younger member of the XX legion.]

Edited by Vazzy