• 3 weeks later...

"An apple away keeps the doctor away...so do stims injected straight into the blood."

-Brother Xian

The apothecary sprinted down the corridor of the Jewel of Chemos, irritated at the roar coming from the bifurcated World Eater reaching for him. He crouched next to the warrior, his entrail spilling out onto the deck.

"Thank the primarch Varst, I thought I was done for..." The apothecary stared at him, a smear of blood running from his lips. His face was a mix of curiosity and bemusement.

"You are missing your legs from the ribs down. You are dead already, your body just doesn't know it yet. I am giving you the Peace."

The dying World Eater flailed for his bolt pistol, only to realize his holster had been attached to his waist.

"You SON OF A WHORE. I WILL KILL YOU-"

His screaming cut off as the narthecium revved, and a fresh spray of arterial red painted the 'Mad Butcher of Bodt'. 

A
pothecary Nago Varst was the primus medicae of Drahul's force. Cantankerous and belligerent, Varst was a War Hound before he was an Eater of World, and his bellicose nature is yet to die down. Varst was assigned to the assault force when he returned from Bodt with the techniques  required to develop the augmented inductii that would become commonplace with the legion. Regarded as something of an angel of death, Varst would be a loyal confidant of Drahul, and was vital in creating the child-soldiers that so many warrior of the warband would be when they left Ultramar. Too stubborn to die, Varst would flee into the eye with the remainder of the shattered assault force, his dour face bearing new scars. It is beleived that would be part of Drahul's warband before his betrayal in the years following Skalathrax.

41921067870_8f0fc816c5_z.jpg

[Primus Medicae Nago Varst]

43013726484_a059949071_z.jpg

[Varst wields a power axe and needle pistol. His escape with 150 of the augmented inductii was a godsend for the depleted forces of Drahul]

43013722864_3434d24d97_z.jpg

[The Narthecium, loaded with mind-damaging stimulants that often killed one in six of the warriors it is used upon]

Oh man. I shed a tear in jealousy. I’d love to play some zone mortalis. Then I cracked a smile hearing Drahul is putting in work.

If you have pictures to post of your games they be much appreciated!

Ask and ye shall recieve!

42773376605_a5363b349f_z.jpg

29806232588_83e9b56a38_z.jpg

28787185257_7a8b976375_z.jpg

Nago looks awesome! Definitely a medicae unique to the World Eaters seeing his nails and using the armor of a rampager on his right arm. I wonder if any WE under his care was concerned the nails would bite at a bad time or if he'd use that chainaxe on them.

The ZM pics are also awesome. I am super duper jealous you get to play that AND on such awesome terrain. I used those space hulk tiles but they cannot hold a light to that cut terrain.

I also love there is a flamer equipped squad just sitting on that objective waiting to cook somebody.

Nago looks awesome! Definitely a medicae unique to the World Eaters seeing his nails and using the armor of a rampager on his right arm. I wonder if any WE under his care was concerned the nails would bite at a bad time or if he'd use that chainaxe on them.

The ZM pics are also awesome. I am super duper jealous you get to play that AND on such awesome terrain. I used those space hulk tiles but they cannot hold a light to that cut terrain.

I also love there is a flamer equipped squad just sitting on that objective waiting to cook somebody.

Yeah, I needed a Surlak stand in so Varst was born..

Its It's awesome, and the boys are the inly traitor team who hasn't lost yet and is why we're still in the campaign.

Sadly, the flamer squad forgot that salamanders get buffs against dlamers and got smoked hahahah.

Well Varst is awesome. I 've had apothecary fever because it's something CSM do not have and have been wanting to make more of for some odd reason. I was hoping CSM would get medics in kill team but that doesn't seem to be the case.

And your WE are holding it down in the campaign for the Traitors? Congrats on that! Make those loyalists hurt!

As for the flamer squad...of all the things that had to come through the door it had to be the damn Salamanders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdE7t91lbls

"There's only one emotion that is truly pure in this world: Rage. It courses through you and washes away any other feeling."

-Lin-Manl, Terminator Elite

A
s the war in Ultramar raged on, more and more of the warriors of the traitor legions began to adopt esoteric armor modifications, radically altering the profile of their wargear. In this regard, the World Eaters were no different than any of their cousins in the other legions loyal to the Warmaster. More and more of the Cadaere Renissum were seen gracing helms, and skull trophies practically became reliquaries on some warriors. Squad Kraj was no exception, and their bulky headdresses became a staple of the terminator elite under Drahul.  

43777074581_b7b9c7f398_z.jpg

[sergenat Kraj- "Bloodmonger"]

41968248510_88bcbe48a5_z.jpg

[Anuvv- "Beast of the Pits]

43777070091_9987b7162e_z.jpg

[Garr- "Skull Champion"]

So opinions on these boys? Need to add more skulls, especially on Garr, but I think they're very distinctive.

Man that conversion of Huron is simply fantastic. Consider it stolen! Now you make me wish to revisit my Emperor's Children damn you.

Really nice thread :smile.:

Appreciate it brother! It's pretty easy if you opt to follow through with it! I'd be happy to help!

Ferocious World Eaters, keep it up.

Thank you! 

Well Varst is awesome. I 've had apothecary fever because it's something CSM do not have and have been wanting to make more of for some odd reason. I was hoping CSM would get medics in kill team but that doesn't seem to be the case.

And your WE are holding it down in the campaign for the Traitors? Congrats on that! Make those loyalists hurt!

As for the flamer squad...of all the things that had to come through the door it had to be the damn Salamanders.

Yeah, I haven't looked much at killteam, but amusingly, I also have a squad of intercessors I was thinking about turning into IW. Great minds and all that. 

Thanks! My allies are Emperor's Children and 1ksons against Solar Aux, SoS, Wolves and Shattered Legions. 1ksons have drawn the sisters twice now so that hasn't exactly helped our cause, and the Emperor's Children player doesn't have the models for an effective ZM list. SO my purpose built Zm list is doing well hahahah. 

Yeah, but they took down three Pyroclasts and two of the squad got away...tbf we did charge lol

That ZM game looked great, really nice set-up you were using.

Yeah! It's really thematic! Very narrow for Contemptors though!

Your Worldeaters are brilliant, exactly how I like them brutal looking in my fave colour scheme. Bravo :thumbsup:

Thanks! I really appreciate it! There's so many options with traitors and I love it!

Holy moly, sweeeet terminators! How poseable are the heads with the cowl behind it?

Uhhhh. They're not really hahah. I've done quite a bit of cutting to make it work at all lol.

where is that MDF terrain from if you dont mind me asking/

I'm nlt sure! I think it was those old bug hunt kits but I'll ask for you!

I'm getting old because I sword I posted about how it was great you were holding up the Traitor's end of things in the campaign! Sucks for the TS player getting set against a counter like the SoS. That a bit of a punch below the belt haha.

I also love the way the termizerkers look! Was it difficult to get the bloodwarrior heads in there and make them fit and turn?

And kill team is pretty solid so far. Yeah, it feels limited with the unit and loadout choices but it is a fun and very quick game. I really wanted to go back to Heralds of Ruin as it is basically mini-40k and I can have my raptors, terminators, and my favorite elite choices available. However I have been pleasantly surprised by KT as each game has been quite memorable.

And it would be the perfect opportunity to put some intercessors turned to Iron Warriors to work! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting old because I sword I posted about how it was great you were holding up the Traitor's end of things in the campaign! Sucks for the TS player getting set against a counter like the SoS. That a bit of a punch below the belt haha.

I also love the way the termizerkers look! Was it difficult to get the bloodwarrior heads in there and make them fit and turn?

And kill team is pretty solid so far. Yeah, it feels limited with the unit and loadout choices but it is a fun and very quick game. I really wanted to go back to Heralds of Ruin as it is basically mini-40k and I can have my raptors, terminators, and my favorite elite choices available. However I have been pleasantly surprised by KT as each game has been quite memorable.

And it would be the perfect opportunity to put some intercessors turned to Iron Warriors to work! 

God yes. I'm in Houston right now, but when I get home I'll take some pictures of the setup. Essentially the head is cut in half so only the top sits there. 

So it seems! I'm actually taking a break on Heresy stuff to throw together a Scions killteam after a gift from my dad in the form of the start collecting box.

* patiently waiting for heretical pict-inloads to subside and for good honest loyalist subjects to make a come back :tongue.: *

Well Dos, you're in luck! Check my Scion thread that'll be up soon!

• 4 weeks later...

LEGIO PRAESAGIUS WALKS

42653798360_dcb53dd8f8_z.jpg

+++Comm Chatter taken from XIII legion audio records.-NARCISIS REX-//Ithraca//+0.0123+++

[PRINCEPS WALTGER] "Moderati Gall, all fire on that Reaver attempting to flank Helios Pax. I want it reduced to slag."

[GALL] "Aye my princeps. Firing."

[Discharge consistent with Belicosa Pattern Volcano cannons]

"ENGINE KILL."

[Overpressure likely indicates Void shield failure.]

[GALL] "Reactor is damaged my lord. Flushing plasma now. Thirty seconds to void shield recharge!" 

[MODERATI SEBASTUS] "Where did that shot come from?"

[GALL] "Tracking a Nemesis class. Throne alive, he's armed with a vape cannon! Enginarium all power to shields-"

[WALTGER] "BELAY THAT ORDER MODERATI! JURIS, ALL POWER TO WEAPONS! FIRE EVERYTHING WE HAVE!"

[sEBASTUS] "SIRE, We will be defenseless and there is still a warhound unaccounted for!"

[WALTGER] "You don't seem to understand Moderati. We're already dead, it's just a question of how many of the bastards can we take with us? Argent Shroud, Carnis Lament, flank east, we shall draw the fire of the Warlord. 

[Warning sirens warn of plasma containment failure. Discharges consistent with apocalypse missile launchers and Belicosa volcano cannons]

[GALL] "Sire. Reactors are at 15%. We cannot fire again without catastrophic failure. Recommend-"

[WALTGER] "That Nemesis is still up. Fire again."

[GALL] "Sire...that will kill us..."

[Waltger] "Fire. Again. Moderati."

44413404492_46e8ba30e7_z.jpg

[Warlord Pattern Titan-Narcis Rex]

42653798700_fb8c2c80a6_z.jpg

[Led by Princeps J'sh Waltger, Narcis Rex would fall in defense of the Arutan, brought down by turbolaser shots lancing through the machine's core, bringing the noble titan to it's knees.]

• 2 months later...

The Head of the Hydra

'Let him see the fallen fruit, sitting warm and inviting in the afternoon sun.

And let me be the serpent beneath. Hidden and waiting to strike.'

DATATHIEF-B//Ω.23D

+++Do operations go as planned?+++

+++XII and XIII Legion units have been infiltrated+++

+++Astartes operatives?+++

+++No. Mortals. Legions on high alert. Plan proceeding in accordance with acceptable parameters.+++

+++Neither force shall upset the balance. Let them see the Head of the Hydra.+++

32000792878_e26a5d64d6_z.jpg

[Unnamed XX Legion Operative- Spotted operating on XII legion holding]

30933000597_5bdd1a08af_z.jpg

[The Presence of the Alpha Legion has still never truly been confirmed. No real evidence exists regarding their involvement in the Shadow Crusade. And yet, eyewitness accounts from both sides places them here.]

45822457982_81920c33f3_z.jpg

[it is believed that the XX legion force that the 129th faced was of the recon variety, though the XX legion assassination units were seeded throughout the battlegroup.]

Edited by Vazzy