"KILL! MAIM! BURN! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR! DEATH TO ULTRAMAR!"

42012671565_65dd67c50f_z.jpg

[unidentified XII Legion Warrior. Note Cadaere Renissum decorations upon the helm]

42913646071_fd85c516a3_z.jpg

[World Eater paint scheme had slowly started to lose the noble blue of the War Hounds, replacing it instead with a deep red]

42913647211_02c1f60163_z.jpg

Considering he's already wearing a helmet, may I assume the one at his waist is a trophy taken from an Imperial Marine- maybe with the loyalist's head still inside it?

Indeed brother! Would you like the honor of picking the legion?

He's certainly a bulky one, full of barely restrained menace and violence. Nice job!

Appreciate it Pearson! They're very fun to build. 

Oh hell yeah! He looks awesome! Did you just carve out the collar to fit in the mk3 helm? And what top knot did you use?
He looks perfect and looking forward to more XII legionaires. That and them facing off against your loyalists!

I cut part of the neck off, and did shave the collar down a bit! The topknot is from the head with the forehead brand in the blood warrior kit!

Love this thread!

Wow! Thanks! Considering how awesome your models are that is high praise!

The new guy looks great!

Considering he's already wearing a helmet, may I assume the one at his waist is a trophy taken from an Imperial Marine- maybe with the loyalist's head still inside it?

For a Heresy-era character, an Ultramarine is the obvious answer. For later eras... Well, a Grey Knight will certainly cement the World Eater's credentials as a warrior.

That berserker just brought a tear to my eye. The white and red is fantastically worn and torn. I definitely need to make a pure World Eater Berzerker kill team with that paint scheme now! On that note how did you do the white?

Also, thanks for the heads up about the top knot. Somehow a pun popped up there but I will have to go over those bloodwarrior sprues again for goodies that I have completely missed.

Those World Eaters are awesome. I love the movement they have and the AoS parts fit very well :biggrin.: If Chaos ever get new Beserkers I hope they look like this!

Thank you! I hope so as well! Save me a bit of money hahaha. 

The new guy looks great!

For a Heresy-era character, an Ultramarine is the obvious answer. For later eras... Well, a Grey Knight will certainly cement the World Eater's credentials as a warrior.

Ultramarines it is then!

That berserker just brought a tear to my eye. The white and red is fantastically worn and torn. I definitely need to make a pure World Eater Berzerker kill team with that paint scheme now! On that note how did you do the white?

Also, thanks for the heads up about the top knot. Somehow a pun popped up there but I will have to go over those bloodwarrior sprues again for goodies that I have completely missed.

You should! I'd love to see it! The white is pretty simple. 

1. Prime with Rustoleum light grey autoprimer

2. Base coat with Ulthuan grey

3. Wash with Agrax thinned with Lahmian medium. It not really an exact science I kinda just dab my brush in in the medium and then take the agrax from the pot. It hould leave a nice stained look. 

4. Sponge on white scar to bring the color up

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbFQGCeCAu0&list=PLE10E72DDE64EC615&index=7

+++DEPLOY INDUCTII+++

+++LEAVE NONE ALIVE+++

+++BLOOD FOR ANGRON! SKULLS FOR HIS THRONE!+++

-Last transmission recorded by Astropathic Relay Beta-??146.

Astropath skull would violently fracture in seconds after, allowing for Neverborn incursion and loss of relay

28297112167_e888c566f3_z.jpg

[XII Legion Inductii Sergeant N'bil Fikeer]

43166796451_dd0f881f06_z.jpg

[Fikeer was one of the most corrupted of his force, obscene sigils decorating his weapons and armor]

29295447838_6372bd14ea_z.jpg

[The World Eater was one of the rushed induction classes that would fill out the legion. It is likely that Fikeer was no more than 17 Terran years old]

29295435088_749faf2d2c_z.jpg

[Legionary helm is registered to Barus Nestorian, member of the Evocatus killed at Armatura. This would mean inductii were deployed far sooner than believed]

+++KNOW THIS LACKEYS OF THE EMPEROR+++

+++WE ARE COMING+++

+++YOU WILL DIE UNDER OUR BLADES+++

+++YOU WILL BLEED. YOU WILL SCREAM+++

+++BUT REMEMBER+++

+++DEATH IS AN HONOR+++

Cracking stuff, the blood spray has gone really well, as have the Ultra's laurels.

I do think that the red eye lenses are a little lost amidst the brass faceplate, so perhaps a cooler colour could be worth trying, a pale green or blue perhaps?

"They just kept killing and killing. They were lost to a blood madness. Eventually my unit ceased to advance alongside them, instead opting to kill the wounded left in their wake. The white armor was now stained red by the blood of the innocent. "

-Lodge Master Drakgul Var, XVI Legion

The Solar Auxilia captain stared down the ivory giant in front of him, his glowing power blade held with two hands. He wassurrounded by piles pf his own men, their golden plate bloodied and shrouded by the mud of his homeworld. The giant before him is clad in dirty white armor, marked out by crimson plating, and a t-slit helm with crested ears. He lazily twirls a thrumming meteor hammer, his dark skin bared to the world, crisscrossed by pale scars.  

The words that emanate from his helm are a wet gurgle, as if he is salivating, "Brave mortal...but foolish. I cannot wait to offer your skull to my father..."

The Captain stands tall and lets out a breath, preparing for his charge. He doesn't get the chance. The Meteor hammer darts forward, the glowing head crushing his chest with a crack of shattering bone. Crimson ichor jets from his throat, and paints the inside of his helm. His arms flail helplessly, and the sword drops from his limp fingers. He is unable to even scream as the World Eater Captain marches towards him, gripping his skull and ripping. His last thought is the realization that the World Eater has torn his head off. 

The World Eater marauder force would become a long recurring thorn in Ixion's side. The XII legion force was led by Captain Drahul, a warrior of a dark and blood thirsty nature. His forces not only fought against the XIII, but loyalist elements throughout the 500 worlds, including members of the Silent Sisterhood. (See Report B.34//ALPHA) The raider force had long shed any of the nobility their legion had once been known for, their white armor damaged and bloodied, the once royal blue of their heraldry replaced by a deep arterial crimson and brass. Strange sigils marked the armor, and Drahul himself fought like a man possessed. This of course, would not be far from the truth. The World eaters Captain also deployed his augmented Inductii at an incredible rate. Survivors recovered by the 129th indicate that the World Eaters would abduct anyone they could take, and it is likely many of these young men died to keep the numbers up. 

The XII never attempted to hold ground, or conquest a planet. Instead they operated as a nomadic force, killing when they found someone to kill. Four times would Ixion and Drahul cross paths, and all four times, the Ultramarine would come away empty handed,  though whether the World Eater was simply to too talented to fall, or was protected by a darker power remains to be seen. Twice, Ixion had thought he had slain the former War Hound, but both times he would be at the next engagement. 

In the end, the World Eaters would leave the system, rejoining their father on Terra. From there it is unknown where they went. The following Chapter will chronicle much of their strength and engagements. 

42364461475_9ddf2477db_z.jpg

28399109267_ddacbc2622_z.jpg

[While many of the Inductii were not equipped with true chainaxes, the weapons they carried more than made up for it, cleaving through armor like wet paper]

42364469765_cfd899cb3e_z.jpg

[believed to be legionary J'ral- Pict image stolen from helmet cam of Armsman Waltjer prior to decapitation]

42364441935_78218367f4_z.jpg

[One of the only known pict images of Martus the 'Blackhanded' prior to his ascension on Skalathrax. Was known for his calm disposition...for a World eater]

Cracking stuff, the blood spray has gone really well, as have the Ultra's laurels.

I do think that the red eye lenses are a little lost amidst the brass faceplate, so perhaps a cooler colour could be worth trying, a pale green or blue perhaps?

I agree, but having experimenter with both colors now it just clashes too much with the red of the armor in my opinion. 

The Inductii looks great!

Appreciate it brother!

Wow. That Inductii looks great, he looks very menacing! 

Thanks! They're huge next to normal marines. 

N'bil is sweet as hell! The build and paint job are spot on!

How did you make the Mk3 helm fit? Was it just removing some of that collar detail?

Shaving down the collar and the back of the helm so it sits a bit better. Very much trial and error lol

Edited by Vazzy

Another awesome update! The paint job is beautifully beaten and brutal and just adds to the presence of the World Eaters.

J’ral is by far my favorite looking. Everything about him is superb.

And I’ll be trying to fit on FW World Eater helms and mk3 ones with my next batch. If anything I can pass of errors from trial and error as battle damage :)

You deserve a like for making your pre-Heresy World Eaters look intimidating as hell.

Thank you brother! I can always count on you for a kind word!

Another awesome update! The paint job is beautifully beaten and brutal and just adds to the presence of the World Eaters.

J’ral is by far my favorite looking. Everything about him is superb.

And I’ll be trying to fit on FW World Eater helms and mk3 ones with my next batch. If anything I can pass of errors from trial and error as battle damage :smile.:

Thanks Hush! I'll be trying the same thing when my FW order gets here! So we can see who does it better hahaha. 

Somewhere in Ultramar

6 Months into Shadow Crusade

B
olt rounds stitched the bulkhead behind him as he pushed up the hallway. Before him stood the preening peacock of the IIIrd legion. His bodyguard, the Inductii of squad Fikeer formed up around him, their axes singing as they slammed into the phalanx of the opposing Palatine blades. The Champion of the Emperor's Children roared a challenge, his blade singling out Drahul. The World Eater roared a wordless challenge and shoulder checked the warrior before. The swordsman spun away, and his voice crackled towards the captain at a level that caused a splitting headache. Drahul staggered, and was rewarded with a deep wound to his shoulder from the lightning quick strikes of the Champion.

"Fool! We're on the same side! Your idiot brothers ruined our raid. We had-"

He roared in anger, and his meteor hammer swung down, once, twice, three times. The golden, artificed helm shattered under his assault, crimson blood and pink brain tissue oozed out from the broken casing. All around him, his berserkers tore into the beautiful armor of their opposition, though three of their number lay upon the ground, run through by the blades of the bodies before them. Their apothecary turned to challenge him as well, leaping to the defense of his mortally wounded captain, though he too was crushed beneath the hammer, his breast plate a cracked ruin, and a bloody sputum spraying from his vox grille. 

Within seconds the fabled Palatine Blades of Fulgrim's legion lay dead at their feet. Gert was crouched over one, his axe sawing at the skull of one of the enemies. Helooked back to his captain, his young face unscarred. 

"Skulls...for his throne, Captain." 

​The Tuesday Raid, as it was known among historians was in reference to the shock assault by elements of the World Eaters under Drahul. Irritated by the lack of assistance from warbands of the XV and III legion during the Razing of Veritas, Ddrahul launched boarding torpedoes, aiming to slay the two Warlords who had attempted to leave his warriors to die. He would have remarkable success, crushing the skull of  Champion Vallas of the Emperor's Children, and permanently crippling Osir Madmu of the Raptorae. Drahul would then take the supplies he needed, as well as looting the corpses of the fallen for skulls and other trophies. 

This betrayal came to light following the recovery of the refit station by elements of the XIII legion during the Scouring. Many of the bodies lay where they fell, though Ultramarine observers noted that very few of the bodies left on the deck bore the white ceramite of the XIIth. It seems likely that Drahul was loathe to leave behind valuable warriors, and would do his best to ensure they would rejoin the war effort.  

28466039277_68b7138f95_z.jpg

[Captain Anton Drahul-Helm is a Sarum pattern piece supplied by Dark Mechanicum priests]

42617720924_dda6e0352b_z.jpg

[Drahul used the meteor hammer to devastating effect. The World Eater had two different styles: One a quick attack, battering down his opponents defenses, the other, heavy, charged up strikes, crsuhing armor and bone at the expense of speed.]

41525583730_9bc503b155_z.jpg

[Members of Squad Fikeer- Xarn, Gert and Ousmane. As Inductii, the squad dwarfed most members of the warband, but they were not known for their tactical acuity.]

Those are some perfect WE.

Thank you brother! Glad you like them!

These are so characterful - great stuff!

Appreciate it! I'm doing my best to make them standout. 

Continuing to bring out some brutal looking madmen, Martus' long-hafted axe looks good.

That's a fair point regarding the eyes, I can see that adding an extra bold colour to the scheme would make it too busy.

Thanks! Ireally like that ax as well. Wish there were a few more in the kit. Yeah. I appreciate the idea, just didn't work like you'd expect!

Edited by Vazzy

As the fluff mentions World Eaters wearing white armor, may I assume the "Tuesday Raid" occurred pre-Heresy?

And whose Mark III "Iron" armor is hung as a trophy on Squad Fikeer's standard? An Iron Warrior responsible for a "friendly fire" incident? An Ultramarine killed during/after the Heresy? Or one of the Emperor's Children, slain during the Tuesday Raid?

Drahul is a man beast of action!

I love the fluff of aggressively acquiring supplies and putting those palatine blades down. The mini is also fantastic. I love the motion Drahul has as he is about to swing the meteor hammer at terminal velocity! The new Inductii are also great! I love that banner topping!

@Bjorn, They had white on their armor well into the heresy and even after. I think at Skallathrax very few, if not one character, still had white armor with blue.

Squad Fikeer are shaping up nicely, the banner(?) bearer's head is a good choice. Sweet pose on the Captain too.

Thanks! Banner is probably most accurate hahaha. I need to add a bit more to the Captain I think.

As the fluff mentions World Eaters wearing white armor, may I assume the "Tuesday Raid" occurred pre-Heresy?

And whose Mark III "Iron" armor is hung as a trophy on Squad Fikeer's standard? An Iron Warrior responsible for a "friendly fire" incident? An Ultramarine killed during/after the Heresy? Or one of the Emperor's Children, slain during the Tuesday Raid?

As noted in the fluff it takes place six months into the Shadow Crusade!So mid heresy after Nuceria and Armatura! I called it the Tuesday Riad becuase my Heresy group meets on those days and I beat an Emperors children and Thousand Sons army! It's an Ultramarine hahah!  

Drahul is a man beast of action!

I love the fluff of aggressively acquiring supplies and putting those palatine blades down. The mini is also fantastic. I love the motion Drahul has as he is about to swing the meteor hammer at terminal velocity! The new Inductii are also great! I love that banner topping!

@Bjorn, They had white on their armor well into the heresy and even after. I think at Skallathrax very few, if not one character, still had white armor with blue.

Oh yeah haha. It was the opener for our Zone Mortalis campaign, and Drahul put in work.