Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos, Space Wolves, Codex: Kroot rumors (heavy salt)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,336 posts

A source of mine has just let some new rumors slide. Heavy salt, but he predicted the Nurgle demons release a month before it was announced, along with knowing about the Death Guard/Primaris starter early and knowing about the new Knight back in November, so... I'm trusting him on this one. Your millage may vary, of course.

New Black Legion will be in a boxed set with new Space Wolves, new Abbadon model and Chaos Chosen, plus a new Wolves character and some other stuff. End of year for the boxed set.

Angron and new Khorne will be coming too, although may be next year now. Angron is gonna be huge

Also here's a big one: Kroot Codex. Hard to believe, but the source on this has never been wrong for me.

Russ is returning - old man Russ, looks a bit like Odin - and he will POSSIBLY have 2 forms like Morathi

Edited by Soldier of Dorn, 12 March 2018 - 10:10 PM.

• Lagrath, Insane Psychopath, Honda and 9 others like this

tn_gallery_78067_11287_22792.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_15234.pnggallery_78067_11287_12503.png

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,475 posts

A source of mine has just let some new rumors slide. Heavy salt, but he predicted the Nurgle demons release a month before it was announced, along with knowing about the Death Guard/Primaris starter early and knowing about the new Knight back in November, so... I'm trusting him on this one. Your millage may vary, of course.

New Black Legion will be in a boxed set with new Space Wolves, new Abbadon model and Chaos Chosen, plus a new Wolves character and some other stuff. End of year for the boxed set.

Angron and new Khorne will be coming too, although may be next year now. Angron is gonna be huge

Also here's a big one: Kroot Codex. Hard to believe, but the source on this has never been wrong for me.

Russ is returning - old man Russ, looks a bit like Odin - and he will POSSIBLY have 2 forms like Morathi

I buy it.

I buy the russ dual kit

I buy the kroot dex

I buy the black legion vs wolves

-----------

edit I'm literally saying what I would purchase. =P

Edited by Triszin, 12 March 2018 - 10:22 PM.

• Honda, Noserenda, reckoning and 4 others like this

banana

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,461 posts
  • Faction: The Brass Stampede

For once in my life I can actually contribute something to a discussion, though you can decide whether or not to treat it seriously:

An acquaintance who works at a GW store mentioned that some CSM kits (the pre-Raptor/Daemon Engine stuff) are being moved to online-only, and that could be to free up space for new kits. That's all I got. Make of it what you will, but he definitely has no reason to make it up. The rationale may be totally off, but it makes sense.

• Triszin likes this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,156 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade

CODEX KROOT YES! If this happens I'll be threw the roof, GW take my money take all my money

• SickSix likes this
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,474 posts

I buy it.

I buy the russ dual kit

I buy the kroot dex

I buy the black legion vs wolves

-----------

edit I'm literally saying what I would purchase. =P

Abaddon and Russ? I'll ship it.

• Skaorn likes this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,048 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

That might be a cool box set to kit bash and have a small force of Dark Wolves if the SW are not Primaris. I think its believable.

Also a bit ironic that Russ will come back as a "one eyed sorcerer" type figure but I like the twist and an older, wiser Russ will be fun to see. 

• Triszin likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
This doesn't sound too far fetched, to be honest. I know everyone is hoping for Slaanesh / Fulgrim / Emperor's Children next but I think GW will play it safe for now and release Khorne.

It seems Russ has been hinted here and there since the return of Magnus, so I believe it.

I would have doubted the release of a new Abaddon in a box set but with Ahriman being a BoP-only model, I believe it.

A Kroot codex isn't unheard of either, at one point they had their own army and I know plenty of people (myself included) that would invest in it so... yeah.

Check out my Photobucket Here

DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,516 posts
In the recently released Ashes of Prospero the Wolves found and freed around 200 of the original 13th Company plus much of their vehicle support from a Labyrinth on Prospero. These were led by Wolf Lord Bulveye who is an iconic character in the lore of the Wolves.
These new/old? Wolves discovered the betrayal by Horus and his manipulation of Russ in the attack on Prospero.

It would be very strange if GW didn't incorporate Bulveye and his Wolves into the Space Wolves Codex with new lore and rules.

A boxed set of the 13th Company versus the Black Legion makes sense as they'd be the obvious target of Bulveye anger at Horus for his betrayal.

Edited by TheWolfLord, 12 March 2018 - 10:52 PM.

• Triszin and 1000 Sons like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,474 posts

This doesn't sound too far fetched, to be honest. I know everyone is hoping for Slaanesh / Fulgrim / Emperor's Children next but I think GW will play it safe for now and release Khorne.

It seems Russ has been hinted here and there since the return of Magnus, so I believe it.

I would have doubted the release of a new Abaddon in a box set but with Ahriman being a BoP-only model, I believe it.

A Kroot codex isn't unheard of either, at one point they had their own army and I know plenty of people (myself included) that would invest in it so... yeah.

30K Ahriman is BoP only - but so many people buy the box for mass bodies he's cheap as chips on the secondary market. 40K Ahriman is a standalone SKU.

A Kroot Codex would be a solid call, refresh the old Carnivore kit, add a few dual kits, bam, Harley-sized Codex.

• Kite Senet likes this

Wraithwing

Wraithwing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,435 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves\Novamarines
Yes, yes and yes.

I need these rumours to be true badly!

Wraithwing's Deathwolves - A Space Wolves WIP & Painting Blog

Wraithwing's Novamarines - A Primaris WIP & Painting Blog

Wraithwing's Collected Works - Hall of Honour Thread

"We are coming. Look to the skies for your salvation." - Captain Kayvaan Shrike to Commissar Lent prior to the Blindhope planetstrike.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts
As I'm desparate for emperor's children I assume it'll be 2019 before they arrive...

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,474 posts

Keep in mind: at the LVO seminar, they said they would be doing more reveals at GAMA, which starts today and runs through the week, and revealing three new things at Adepticon. So We should be knowing more about some stuff soon...

• Noserenda and Juggernut like this

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,461 posts
  • Faction: The Brass Stampede

Keep in mind: at the LVO seminar, they said they would be doing more reveals at GAMA, which starts today and runs through the week, and revealing three new things at Adepticon. So We should be knowing more about some stuff soon...

Man, that's exciting! Hopefully it goes beyond the Forgething (Admech vs. Necrons).

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,475 posts

In the recently released Ashes of Prospero the Wolves found and freed around 200 of the original 13th Company plus much of their vehicle support from a Labyrinth on Prospero. These were led by Wolf Lord Bulveye who is an iconic character in the lore of the Wolves.
These new/old? Wolves discovered the betrayal by Horus and his manipulation of Russ in the attack on Prospero.

It would be very strange if GW didn't incorporate Bulveye and his Wolves into the Space Wolves Codex with new lore and rules.

A boxed set of the 13th Company versus the Black Legion makes sense as they'd be the obvious target of Bulveye anger at Horus for his betrayal.

don't play at the strings to me heart.

• TheWolfLord and Kite Senet like this

banana

Skaorn

Skaorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 450 posts

Abaddon and Russ? I'll ship it.

I'll ship that too. Abaduss, Raddon...

The only thing I'm surprised about is that EC aren't in the list considering that GW has kinda been building it up in 40k and AoS.
Obed was a sailor. He sailed the seven seas. He made love to the fish. He made love to the fish.
Spaceship Zero, Insmouth Look

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
They have been, but to be fair they've been doing the same for Angron & Co. as well.
  • Juggernut likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here

DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

foxlight713

foxlight713

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 127 posts

A dual kit Russ could be interesting

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,537 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I can believe it. I heard rumours of a new Abaddon kit a while back - The minis are probably ready months or even a full year prior to release.

Odin Russ would be very cool, imo. A wise, tempered warrior and guardian of mankind. Perhaps more wisdom and knowledge than Guilliman. Would be a brilliant evolution of Russ from his HH self.
  • Battybattybats, Shinespider and ShadowSwordmaster like this

-~Ishagu~-

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,601 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Black Legion would be nice.
A new Abbadon especially.
But end of the year? Sad!

Edited by Sete, 12 March 2018 - 11:44 PM.

• Triszin likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,980 posts

Been saying Russ would come back and have two forms for ages. Just the obvious choice.

Excited to see Angron though and how they do the Black Legionnaires.

• Triszin and Tipsy Techpriest like this

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,410 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
Dang it, and I worked pretty hard on my B@C commander to Abaddon conversion.

Angron would be the first Daemon Primarch I'd buy (and only). Though depending on what he would look like I'd might buy Guillimans helmet to bucket him up.
  • Juggernut likes this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,053 posts

For once in my life I can actually contribute something to a discussion, though you can decide whether or not to treat it seriously:

An acquaintance who works at a GW store mentioned that some CSM kits (the pre-Raptor/Daemon Engine stuff) are being moved to online-only, and that could be to free up space for new kits. That's all I got. Make of it what you will, but he definitely has no reason to make it up. The rationale may be totally off, but it makes sense.

One of my local GWs marked a lot of older CSM stuff (berserkers, TDA, etc) as ‘last chance to buy (in store)’, which supports what you say.
  • Juggernut and Kite Senet like this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,135 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

With a proper Abbie I may join the ranks of flip floppers.

• hushrong likes this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,670 posts
  • Faction: Blood of Fenris
I like this rumor except for dual form Russ. I think black legion could use some new models especially Abaddon. Kroot codex sounds interesting... Gives the option for sub faction codex in 5he future.... Maybe.... SM Codex: Black Templars... Paging Brother Sete, Paging Brother Sete.
  • zarkkarn, Sete, Kelborn and 1 other like this

sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg

"It has been said that the Lord of Ultramar sees little else besides the primacy of his own culture. For him, all worlds might as well be Ultramar." - Diplomat Pyke

"I would have expected that suggestion from Ferrus, or maybe even Horus, but never Russ. He has a hidden depth that one" - Primarch Fulgrim

"The Wolves were the Emperor’s red right hand–monsters in their own way–but how easy it was to only see the savage, to fear the axe and miss the subtle knife." - Prmomus

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 861 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I need Russ with the SW codex and new models and Fulgrim with a new EC codex and new model range in my life something fierce.

• Slave to Darkness likes this
40kDGBanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users