Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos, Space Wolves, Codex: Kroot rumors (heavy salt)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts

French rumours, relayed courtesy of HorticulusDK on Dakka:

http://www.warhammer...-et-nouveautés/
(Since the Heachi / Temouloun case I won't name the - really reliable - source, but I'm sure you lot can easily find it) :

- End of spring : Drukhari codex (mid April) ; Harlequin codex (May) ; Kill Team (May-June).

- Summer : Imperial Knight codex (start August), Codex Space Wolves (end August), Gorkamorka (!!!) boxed game (September) - It will apparently be like the old game with new models (see the Orkish wheel Rumor Engine).

- November, December : Slaanesh (Daemons, maybe more Fulgrim ?), Orks Codex

Now these sound far more realistic to me than the set of rumours laid out in this thread. If true, Gorkamorka is a bit of a surprise though, albeit a welcome one.

Odd that it omits some of the things we either know or can very confidently predict to be coming, I.e. Deathwatch, Genestealer Cults and the three remaining Necromunda gangs. Obviously also missing SoB, SoS, Inq, Assassins, Legion of the Damned and Ynarri, but those could remain in Index purgatory awaiting either a fully fleshed-out Codex/new models or oblivion, whereas DW and GSC are fresh enough not to be at risk of squatting and not in desperate need of more models.

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,027 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Knights
Gimme Fulgrim.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,736 posts
  • Faction: Blood of Fenris
I am kinda dissapointed about waiting until August to get the SW codex or a undetermined amount of time for deathwatch. Seems to be taking forever, though I shouldn't complain considering how long some of you say how long the older editions took.

Edit: been sick can't make proper sentences.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson, 18 March 2018 - 07:27 AM.

• Sete and HCMistborn like this

sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg

"It has been said that the Lord of Ultramar sees little else besides the primacy of his own culture. For him, all worlds might as well be Ultramar." - Diplomat Pyke

"I would have expected that suggestion from Ferrus, or maybe even Horus, but never Russ. He has a hidden depth that one" - Primarch Fulgrim

"The Wolves were the Emperor’s red right hand–monsters in their own way–but how easy it was to only see the savage, to fear the axe and miss the subtle knife." - Prmomus

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 919 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Medusa

It's obviously necessitated by the fairly significant changes made to the game, but isn't this potentially the first edition of the game in which every faction receives its own codex?

Seventh Edition came close, if you count Imperial Agents, but both Chaos Daemons and Astra Militarum were left out (though Daemons got a campaign book update).

• Noserenda and TURBULENCE like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

(Since the Heachi / Temouloun case I won't name the - really reliable - source, but I'm sure you lot can easily find it) :

- End of spring : Drukhari codex (mid April) ; Harlequin codex (May) ; Kill Team (May-June).

- Summer : Imperial Knight codex (start August), Codex Space Wolves (end August), Gorkamorka (!!!) boxed game (September) - It will apparently be like the old game with new models (see the Orkish wheel Rumor Engine).

Now these sound far more realistic to me than the set of rumours laid out in this thread. If true, Gorkamorka is a bit of a surprise though, albeit a welcome one.

Odd that it omits some of the things we either know or can very confidently predict to be coming, I.e. Deathwatch, Genestealer Cults and the three remaining Necromunda gangs. Obviously also missing SoB, SoS, Inq, Assassins, Legion of the Damned and Ynarri, but those could remain in Index purgatory awaiting either a fully fleshed-out Codex/new models or oblivion, whereas DW and GSC are fresh enough not to be at risk of squatting and not in desperate need of more models.

Good point(s). Necromunda gangs may be a little harder to pin down depending on how far along FW are/were with each of the gangs in question, so those may not be set in stone this far out (and we already know which quarters), but I'm not sure re: DW/GC at least. The source has a solid record though, so who knows.

Does anybody have the rumour engine in question handy (that is purportedly an Ork wheel)?

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,172 posts
This sort of time last year we had the death guard video and morty early pics iirc?

If Fulgrim is back end of the year gives me time to save up and get the 6k of tau "finished". Can but hope... plastic noise marinee with guitars would make my hobby lifetime as it's clearly the holy grail!

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,202 posts
Gorkamorka is surprisingly possible. We’ve already heard rumours elsewhere about the ork codex being a larger update than the other old codices, with some emphasis on the kult of speed and new vehicle kits. There are also a handful of WHC rumour engine pics that look orky.

If you were launching this, why not combine the plastic vehicles in a larger boxed game? It fits the pattern of the last few years in 40k and AoS both - even forgebane, to a degree - as well as matching what the original gorkamorka was used for.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,919 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Since when do rumours contain 100% of GWs release schedule? It's always just part of it. That doesn't mean the other things aren't coming, just that they aren't part of this rumour.

• Noserenda and dansupvi like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,027 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Knights
I have been hinted for Fulgrim, so I believe this rumor more.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts

Does anybody have the rumour engine in question handy (that is purportedly an Ork wheel)?

Here it is.

RumourEngineMay24.jpg

• Marshal Loss likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,505 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Yeah Gorkamorka is something that came up in an exchange a little while back.

Edit; Here it is, courtesy of Urriak Urruk. What's even better is it actually comes from Hastings.

Just read a post from Hastings, as reliable a rumor master as it gets.

"Orks getting a Kult of Speed sub-faction at the end of the year including new vehicle minis" and that might not be all you can do with the vehicles msn-wink.gif

Edited by Halandaar, 18 March 2018 - 09:43 AM.

• Marshal Loss and Urriak Urruk like this

gallery_84244_13371_906.png gallery_84244_13422_1322.png gallery_84244_14220_751.jpg gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpg gallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gif gallery_84244_14462_19350.jpg

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,135 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Id be deeply surprised if the 6 house gangs arent 100% complete but being held back by manufacturing, probably the outlanders too seeing as the design studio seems focused on the stuff after them.

Gorkamorka would be a genuine win, probably one of my fave games of all time. I mean im primarily a modeller who loves to go fasta :D 

34625419033_b96a180fe5_o.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 423 posts
Sad to not see battle sisters in that list although I think it's correct. I'll have to zone out of the hobby for a while if slaneesh releases get dragged out for as many months as the nurgle ones last year.

Leif Bearclaw

Leif Bearclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,409 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

It's obviously necessitated by the fairly significant changes made to the game, but isn't this potentially the first edition of the game in which every faction receives its own codex?

Seventh Edition came close, if you count Imperial Agents, but both Chaos Daemons and Astra Militarum were left out (though Daemons got a campaign book update).

Nope. Second Edition may have (all the big ones certainly did), it was definitely closer than 7th, but I'm not 100% on that. However, 3rd edition also gave every army a dex, as well as introducing Tau and Necrons as fully fledged armies.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,666 posts
  • Faction: Stoneburners

'essentially' invalidates long-term in this scenario, not 'definitely' invalidates. The same way one looks at any case, weighs the evidence, and adjudicates accordingly.

If the point you're making is 'we can never dismiss anything until we know for certain,' that's true, but I'm not advocating certainty, only that the weight of evidence is not on the side of this particular set of rumours. Again, as I said above, we'll have to wait and see.

Well, There's no real weight of evidence for rumors, but it's cool that you don't believe them - thank you for explaining your reasoning for others, it doesn't influence me at all though, both your post and Soldier of Dorn's have equal veracity. With rumors, it's ALWAYS wait and see. :facepalm:

At this point we've gone far enough off-topic that I'm not willing to take it off the rails any farther with you. Your original post is off-topic enough that it should have been a new thread to discuss anyway.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Urriak Urruk

Urriak Urruk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 739 posts
  • Faction: Wolf Brothers

Edit; Here it is, courtesy of Urriak Urruk. What's even better is it actually comes from Hastings.

"Orks getting a Kult of Speed sub-faction at the end of the year including new vehicle minis" and that might not be all you can do with the vehicles msn-wink.gif

Yep, Hastings made that post on War of Sigmar in January (so long ago now!)

He didn't explicitly say Gorkamorka, but everyone of course responded "GORKAMORKA" to him and he didn't shut it down.

If true though it probably won't be revealed for some time yet, GAMA is big for boxed games and nothing was shown there.

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts

He didn't explicitly say Gorkamorka, but everyone of course responded "GORKAMORKA" to him and he didn't shut it down.

If true though it probably won't be revealed for some time yet, GAMA is big for boxed games and nothing was shown there.

In that one, didn't he also say the regular Orks codex was in the summer? That can still line up with this new batch of rumour (the KoS codex being what this recent one is talking about). There are some big gaps in the new timeline which seems odd -- there's been 2 new AoS factions come out without disrupting the 4k codex schedule recently, so what could cause such long periods between the final few codex releases?

Didn't GW say all the codexes would be released within a year of 8th ed or is that a purple monkey dishwasher?

gallery_96397_14126_42265.png

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,597 posts

these aren't exactly new

we knew about this rumor for a long while, Slaanesh this year (with a * that GW was flipping between Angron/fulgrim on which would be released first, that either could take each others spot in the release timeline)

and the ORK update this fall has always been rumored.

The only issue with this release, that I feel is correct if we merge both of these rumored lists, is a big summer release for 40k.

Forgebane is spring, so what is the big release for june

banana

Skallagoose

Skallagoose

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts

I don't believe it.

First: only release in June is kill team?

Second: Nothing in July?

Third: while i expect Slaanesh to come out with a new series of units and daemons, i would expect it to be after Orks

Fourth: With the speed the codexes have been coming out i would expect them to be finished around September. We have 6 more months to go and we're already half-way through the codexes. I expect them to finish around September then come out with some sort of box set to have a sale boost for Christmas and year end.

I could be wrong, but rumors that have holes in them always make me skeptical 

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,919 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I don't believe it.

First: only release in June is kill team?

Second: Nothing in July?

Third: while i expect Slaanesh to come out with a new series of units and daemons, i would expect it to be after Orks

Fourth: With the speed the codexes have been coming out i would expect them to be finished around September. We have 6 more months to go and we're already half-way through the codexes. I expect them to finish around September then come out with some sort of box set to have a sale boost for Christmas and year end.

I could be wrong, but rumors that have holes in them always make me skeptical 

First: who says it's the only release? It's one release. No rumour lists everything. That much should be obvious.

Second: as above.

Actually rumours that claim to predict everything are the ones who are most often wrong and rumours who only list a few things are more often the more trustworthy ones.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,526 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I want Orks now 😔
  • Boyadventurer likes this
Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

'essentially' invalidates long-term in this scenario, not 'definitely' invalidates. The same way one looks at any case, weighs the evidence, and adjudicates accordingly.

If the point you're making is 'we can never dismiss anything until we know for certain,' that's true, but I'm not advocating certainty, only that the weight of evidence is not on the side of this particular set of rumours. Again, as I said above, we'll have to wait and see.

Well, There's no real weight of evidence for rumors, but it's cool that you don't believe them - thank you for explaining your reasoning for others, it doesn't influence me at all though, both your post and Soldier of Dorn's have equal veracity. With rumors, it's ALWAYS wait and see. facepalm.png

At this point we've gone far enough off-topic that I'm not willing to take it off the rails any farther with you. Your original post is off-topic enough that it should have been a new thread to discuss anyway.

Well done on completely missing the point again. teehee.gif Heartbreaking though it is, I too share your lack of willingness to continue.

Good catch! I hadn't seen this so Gorkamorka is still la bit of a shock to me, if true, albeit a pleasant one.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,394 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

Looks like this has nothing to add now. If you have anything new you know the drill - separate rumours would be better served in their own topics. Thanks.

• Black Orange likes this

gallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormtroopers | CSM Maulershrimp | =][= Culexus | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users