=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels FA Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

I Majkhel rise to the Fast Attack challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 squad of 10 Assault Marines for a combined total of 11 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 19th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa356/40000gnomes/P1030110.jpg

I only got one sprue of 5 (that's 6 PL with JP) and enough parts to combine only 5 addional bodies (+4+1PL for a total of 11= 5+1+4+1). As I'm also out of magnets and bits for a moment, there would be nothing fancy - simple red marines.

Nevertheless,

FOR SANGUINIUS!!

Nice to see something that's not Interceptors :wink: vow logged.

Geez Jolemai, those are Inceptors. Interceptors are the Space Marine flyers and the Grey Knight Fast Attack guys. :tongue.:

Don't know what you mean, no one saw a thing... :ph34r.:

Le sigh...

Stuff I wanted to do to these guys but whatever.

I spagunk rise to the Fast Attack challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build One, three person squad of Inceptors for a combined total of 10 PL pts on or before 2359 UTC March 19th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option..

fgallery_40907_9492_34535.jpg

Damn I feel bad for the Black Templars. Just checked their thread and they've vowed a total of 14PL so far while we're already at 71PL if I counted correctly.

This event might get decided sooner and more onesided than I thought.

We have the advantage, already having received our own codex along with a bunch of dedicated models and upgrades. This in turn translates to interest among the players (like myself, who has returned to the hobby after 5 editions). Apparently their numbers have been depleted a bit along the course of their never-ending crusades.
Still it was their idea to challenge our might!

I don't see any advantage on our side apart from having a more active community.

They already got their Codex as well and they even have a unique Troop Choice where we still won.

It's really just that the BA community is one of the most active ones here on B&C. And that Jolemai does a pretty good job moderating it ... while it seems a bit like the BT mod abandoned the event I guess.

Right, the community factor IS HUGE indeed. But I really don't think we can compare our codex'es on equal terms. Were they have 1 unique troop choice, we have 3 unique elite choices.

The factor of having our own codex isn't all that relevant when a lot of the people that had been vowing are a) old timers here or b) vowing generic units in most categories.

Black Templar players have been dropping off presumably due to a loss of codex, but Blood Angels players have remained pretty loyal through some pretty terrible codexes (all of 6th and 7th ed to be frank, plus 4th ed with the horrific pdf codex). Black Templars have some very strong options via the regular codex and a lot of analysis has been done over on the adeptus astartes forum that shows that the crusader squads are one of, if not the best Troop choice across any marine codex. The emperors champion is an absolute monster for a laughable points/PL cost. They have good stuff, they've never really had all that many unique units, it might be nice if they got sword brethren back though IMO. Blood Angels comparatively had more unique options even in older editions, and obviously with our 5e codex we got a pretty major update in terms of units (arguably to make up for the fact some of our unique things had been handed over to all marines - arguably correctly IMO). 

They have more than 1 unique unit compared to BA, as they get all the other marine units that BA dont (there are still a fair few).

aaaanyway.

They've done well considering the smaller community and the lack of a unique codex still no doubt influenced numbers with some players just having abandoned their old army till it gets one again. And as noted, it was them that challenged us, suggesting they thought their community was more active.

do i buy another set of inceptors today...

I hate priming on sprue. You can't properly clean moldlines beforehand and you won't get any primer on the parts where the bit was still connected with the sprue. It's literally the worst thing I've ever tried over the years.

I Arkaniss rise to the Fast Attack challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 squads of 5 Assault Marines with Jump Packs for a combined total of 12 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 19th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

So it looks like I've raided the sprues again for other models so I'll be kit bashing once more!

med_gallery_27469_12034_404393.jpg

I RelentlessPursuit rise to the Fast Attack challenge of Blood & Zeal and one again (2nd vow in FA) vow to build 1 squad of 3 Primaris Inceptors for a combined total of 10 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 19th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

5h9tzcd.jpg?1

I Arkaniss rise to the Fast Attack challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 2 squads of 5 Assault Marines with Jump Packs for a combined total of 12 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 19th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option.

So it looks like I've raided the sprues again for other models so I'll be kit bashing once more!

That's only 11 PL points if I read the codex correctly:

5 for 5 marines without JPs,

+1 for JPs for the 5-man squad squad

+4 for up to 5 additional marines

+1 for JPs for additional marines

Archived