Indy's Indignant: my evil undead space robots

Indefragable

I use leadbelcher spray. I have noticed some problems with the way paints cover it, like when painting abbadon over it the black looks very flat and matte, not as shiny as usual. So for regular necrons its great, for stuff like tomb blades though I don't like it.

I use leadbelcher spray. I have noticed some problems with the way paints cover it, like when painting abbadon over it the black looks very flat and matte, not as shiny as usual. So for regular necrons its great, for stuff like tomb blades though I don't like it.

...even if it just makes 37 Warriors go by faster....it's worth it!

That's my intention too, for the masses of troops - leadbelcher spray, for characters and 'special' units black spray!... The time saved on troops(of whom we have lots)

Easily makes up for a bit more time spent on the nicer stuff.

Cheers, Mithril

Fashion show time!

Who wore it best?

[poll]

A

B

C

D

[/poll]

A:

A Front

A Rear

B:

B Front

B Rear

C:

C Front

C Rear

D:

D Front

D Rear

Comparison:

From left to right: A,B, C, D

ABCD Comparison

Breakdown:

Hidden Content

A:

-prime black

-leadbelcher by hand

-nuln oil wash

-necron compound drybrush

-eshin grey and ironbreaker highlights on weapon

-energy parts = jokaero orange + troll slayer orange + firedragon bright + pallid wych flesh + lamenter's yellow glaze

B.

-prime black

-leadbelcher by hand

-nuln oil wash

-necron compound drybrush skipped this part to keep it darker and dungier

-energy parts = jokaero orange + troll slayer orange + firedragon bright + pallid wych flesh + lamenter's yellow glaze

C.

-prime black

-leadbelcher by hand

-nuln oil wash

-agrax earthshade wash to give it a dirtier, older look

D.

-prime black

-leadbelcher by hand

-nuln oil wash

-energy parts = jokaero orange + troll slayer orange + firedragon bright + pallid wych flesh + Bloodletter glaze

Regardless of other factors, I think I am going to skip the yellowy lightning effect on the energy parts since my fine motor skills aren't good enough to consistently get thin enough energy lines. Mine look too think and come off like wrapping paper or something.

I like A and C. I think C is the best as there's more contrast and interest in the body.

B's body is too dark and lacks definition (might look really good with a light highlight of silver though). D's weapon is too red/pink, I like the orange hue better.

I like A and C ...although with C i think i'd keep the Agrax to areas such as knee,shoulder,arm,hip and ankle joints and leave the larger areas a bit cleaner for contrast.

A&C have the best weapons colour :thumbsup:  But A's is the best coil effect.

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++

i just noticed your comment about the energy effect...NTAW does a good effect on his

Thokt Dynasty http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/335538-ntaws-thokt-dynasty/

... perhaps you can just use the same easy technique but with your own colour palette...? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Latest work:

Immortals

which do you like better?

A. Darker/Dirtier on the left

B. Brighter olive green on the right?

Immortals front

Immortals Top

Immortals rear

Destroyer and Heavy Destroyer comparison

Besides the hugh-jazz gun for the Heavy variant (stolen from a Triarch Stalker), I wanted the differences to be a bit obvious.

What do you think?

Destroyer And Heavy Destroyer comparison front

Destroyer And Heavy Destroyer comparison Top

Destroyer front blurry

Heavy Destroyer front

...still need to figure out how I want the eyes to look....classic Terminator-style red?

Going to base with just plain ol' sand (painting Necrons is supposed to be EASY!)

Archived