So having watched all these codexes drop with their specialization rules, would the current ones even benefit us? I realize we've talked about this a couple of times and imagined what are dream ones would be... but we're starting to see patterns. Some tactics are repeating, meaning DW may not get the tactics they need to make them super great like we want. It's not the intention to create a complaining thread...
Do you guys think some of the existing tactics would make DW stronger? Playing off 7th edition, we had Furor, Malleus, Purgatus and Venator tactics.
Some of the existing ones off the top of my head from other armies:
- In the shooting phase, -1 to hit (varying requirements....greater then 12", etc.)
- advance and shoot w/o penalties
- Always have cover benefit/when standing
- Certain rapid fire weapons are assault types (bolters in our case for an equivalent?)
- Reroll hit rolls of 1 (new necron one)
- Reroll failed hits/wounds in a particular phase (not like we have Lts)
I guess the long shot here is maybe this kind of discussion/feedback could reach its way to the Games Workshop developers. Any thoughts brothers from the Watch?