Speculation & spoilers regarding The Magos, Pariah etc

Go to solution Solved by EverythingIsGreat,

Just listened to an interview with Abnett from December.

He says Penitent is now halfway done and going very well.

Feels like an end of year release date is still an option if finishes in the next few months.

Also repeated that the big thing lorewise that he had been negotiating about for this series has been approved by GW, and he says it is a massive development, and that it will be in Penitent.

Just listened to an interview with Abnett from December.

He says Penitent is now halfway done and going very well.

Feels like an end of year release date is still an option if finishes in the next few months.

Also repeated that the big thing lorewise that he had been negotiating about for this series has been approved by GW, and he says it is a massive development, and that it will be in Penitent.

Apparently at the signing at Forbidden Planet London the other week Abnett said Penitent is very well advanced. Whoop whoop!

Cant wait to get this and the lore thang!

Can’t find it but I think I remember reading David Annandale is lined up for this years mega edition. I remember feeling sinking disappointment at the news!

I would rather penitent came out in a matching edition to Magos with a view to them redoing the whole Eisenhorn and Ravenor books in a nice plush series. I can but dream!

Can’t find it but I think I remember reading David Annandale is lined up for this years mega edition. I remember feeling sinking disappointment at the news!

I would rather penitent came out in a matching edition to Magos with a view to them redoing the whole Eisenhorn and Ravenor books in a nice plush series. I can but dream!

Annadale’s getting a mega edition but it’s unclear when exactly it’ll come out. I think you’re probably right and we’ll see it in December, but they announced it last November which, for a fall 2020 release, would be lot earlier than they usually announce anything officially. Probably just wishful thinking on my part, though I suppose there’s every chance Penitent will see a ‘regular’ limited edition. Edited by cheywood

Wasn't Annandale's mega edition supposed to be the superbig 4CD Space Wolf audio drama?

Or have I dreamt that?

I think you might be dreaming. He’s got a Space Wolves audio drama coming but it’s not in a limited edition. As far as I know BL doesn’t do limited editions of audiobooks, but I could be wrong.

Wasn't Annandale's mega edition supposed to be the superbig 4CD Space Wolf audio drama?

Or have I dreamt that?

I think you might be dreaming. He’s got a Space Wolves audio drama coming but it’s not in a limited edition. As far as I know BL doesn’t do limited editions of audiobooks, but I could be wrong.

Not limited though, but big fancy productions. Like the Catherine Tate ones, and the two Brian Blessed Gotreks.

Or have I dreamt that?

Not limited though, but big fancy productions. Like the Catherine Tate ones, and the two Brian Blessed Gotreks.

Ah yeah, totally possible they do the same thing with Annandale’s wolves and maybe French’s Cypher. They’re certainly keeping theirs cards close to their chests with the details.

I suspect the heightened secrecy regarding the Annandale audio has everything to do with a Primarch returning in the 40k lore.

Even at the Weekender they were very "this is a big thing we cannot say anything whatsoever" about it.

Definitely expecting Russ to come back with how secretive they’re being about it. Seems a perfect opportunity to get a noteworthy voice actor too.

I wonder if it will be as big as the promised giant ever-changing impact Psychic Awakening has had on the current 40k background...

Honestly, I think Psychic Awakening *is* pretty big, it's just that the phase is still rolling out right now, and the ripple effects aren't apparent yet.

Magnus doing big shenanigans? Psykers awakening en masse? Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka's reappearance in style? Getting a new glimpse at the Tau Empire post-assassination of Aun'Va, with all that entails? Mephiston's revelations and further empowerment? The Hive Mind being actually spiteful towards Dante and the Blood Angels?

A lot of things are being set in motion and re-activated from narrative hibernation. At this rate, they'll have another surprise or two coming before the Psychic Awakening phase gives way to the new campaign.

I wonder if it will be as big as the promised giant ever-changing impact Psychic Awakening has had on the current 40k background...

Honestly, I think Psychic Awakening *is* pretty big, it's just that the phase is still rolling out right now, and the ripple effects aren't apparent yet.

Magnus doing big shenanigans? Psykers awakening en masse? Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka's reappearance in style? Getting a new glimpse at the Tau Empire post-assassination of Aun'Va, with all that entails? Mephiston's revelations and further empowerment? The Hive Mind being actually spiteful towards Dante and the Blood Angels?

A lot of things are being set in motion and re-activated from narrative hibernation. At this rate, they'll have another surprise or two coming before the Psychic Awakening phase gives way to the new campaign.

I quite like the concept of the Hive Mind being spiteful, all told.

How would you know?

It's like being victimised by the weather!

(As in, it's so big. Short of "Sorry for the inconvenience" being on 500ft flaming letters on the side of a cliff, inscribed by several dozen carnifex..., how would you know!?)

• 5 months later...