Ideas for Codex Named Characters

Inquisitor Red

Personally I'd rather see GW move away from more named characters for DW and just allow us access to the standard SM characters that we've been oddly banned from, such as the Apothecary or Techmarine.  Though if they MUST do more characters, having in-codex rules for the various elements of Kill Team Cassius would be nice, as well as a full special Kill Team "Detachment" or suchlike for them.  And I want legit interesting special rules, not just generic re-blends of existing rules (ie. Chaplain Cassius needs to be unique, not just wielding special issue bolt pistol ammo).

I agree with Vel'Cona.  I would much rather see generic characters with high amounts of customization than premade special characters.  Add apothecaries, techmarines, ancients, some kind of deathwatch lone operative or something cool like that.  Also, lift the weird wargear restrictions that deathwatch characters and have.  We should be able to mix and match just about any piece of wargear on our characters.

My views are very similar to robofish and Vel as well. Apothecaries and Techmarines would be a huge win for us, and it fits with lore. I would love to have an ancient equivalent but I suspect carrying around banners aren't as prevalent as they are in Space Marine chapters. Artemis is a very strong named character (and one of the few with SIA) but I don't know if we'd be able to incorporate more 130 pt characters the way the DW meta is right now.

GW could try to create characters out of the kill team cassius (HQ choices specifically) but if they just make them generic with no unique rules, no one will ever take them. Adding rules for the other kill team cassius members doesn't seem to have a point this edition.

Going out deeper into "I wish" land, give me a character that will benefit a DW kill team since that is what DW is supposed to be about: "Kill teams within x inches receive reroll failed wounds" or whatever.

I personally don't see why we can't have both, I would love to see more customisation options avalible but having a second named character would be a cool thing to have.

Maybe a named librarian on part with our cousins chief librarians listed as a roaming kill team so fits in anywhere as the plot dictates.

How about a techmarine or apotechary special character?

I personally would like to see a Blackshield special character or a Dreadnought character. And it would be fun IMHO to se Uriel Ventris represented in his time at the DW.

Heck, I would be happy if we got anything new at all!

I would love to get Captain Titus as a Blackshield Special Character :D the storyline for the cancelled Space Marine 2 had him thrown into the Deathwatch as a Blackshield to redeem himself. 

Give the Deathwatch access to a version of Korvydae from the Raven Guard. The last we heard of him he was leaving for a secondment to the Deathwatch after he screwed up a campaign.

I'm already planning on using my leftover bits from his model to make him a Watch Captain. It would be nice to have official rules for him.

• 3 weeks later...

Give the Deathwatch access to a version of Korvydae from the Raven Guard. The last we heard of him he was leaving for a secondment to the Deathwatch after he screwed up a campaign.

I'm already planning on using my leftover bits from his model to make him a Watch Captain. It would be nice to have official rules for him.

He'd have to be wielding a Heavy Thunder Hammer, too.

He'd have to be wielding a Heavy Thunder Hammer, too.

Of course.

Archived