Da Blood Axe 42nd Mekanized Krumpany (List shenanigans 4/16)

Kaldoth

So after the FAQ dropped today, I decided to have a little fun editing my current list.  Chinorks have always been one of my favorite units, but I've been hesitant to use them.  Before, they just didn't stack up to truck in my opinion.  Even with the increased speed, they had a lesser transport capacity, toughness, and wounds.  But, now that they have open topped just like a Trukk does, this opens up the possibility of some extremely mobile firepower.  Besides the Trukk I built up (which will be getting painted :tongue.: Don't you worry), I really don't have any other models for my Orks built besides the Koptas, 15 Kommandos, and Snikrot.  I'm actually tempted to switch over to a Kopta themed list with the changes to the Chinork.  So, I whipped this list up.  What do you all think?  Would it be any good?  Thematically, I think it would be a blast to play and play against, especially with a jungle camo pattern :biggrin.: I can hear War Pigs playing in the background already :tongue.:

Battalion Detachment

HQ: 

Warboss - 66 pts
Headwoppas Killchoppa, Attack Squig, Kustom Shoota

Weirdboy - 62 pts

Troops:

9 Boyz - 61 pts (Boss)
Nob w Big Choppa, Sluggas, Choppas

9 Boyz - 61 pts (Weirdboy) 

9 Boyz - 61 Pts (Painboy)

12 Boyz - 82 Pts
Nob w Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota, Shootas, Big Shoota

12 Boyz - 82 Pts
Nob w Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota, Shootas, Big Shoota 

(335)

Chinork - 80 Pts 
Big Shoota, 2x Deffgun, 2x Bigbomm 

Chinork - 80 Pts 

Chinork - 80 Pts

Trukk - 82 Pts
Big Shoota

Trukk - 82 Pts
Big Shoota

(464)

Fast Attack:

1 Deffkopta - 80 pts
Killsaw, Twin Big Shoota, Bigbomm

1 Deffkopta - 80 pts

1 Deffkopta - 80 pts

(240)

Outrider Detachment 

HQ:

Boss Snikrot - 69 pts 

Elites:

Painboy - 55 pts
Killsaw

12 Kommandos - 123 pts
Boss Nob w Killsaw, Sluggas, Choppas

12 Kommandos - 123 pts 
Boss Nob w Killsaw, Sluggas, Choppas

(210)

Total: 1497 Pts  
Command Points: 6

What do you guys think?  With the current Index, I think this list might actually stand a chance of doing some damage.  6 deep striking Killsaws is nothing to sniff at, and with 24 shoota boyz  as a castle and 27 more boyz with a boss, weirdboy, and a painboy, I think it could really hurt so long as I can hug cover with the Koptas until I can disembark everyone at the beginning of turn 2.  Plus NINE bigbomms.  That could possibly be 45 mortal wounds if Gork and Mork are both on my side :laugh.:  

I'm looking forward to reading how you do with this in a game or two. looks interesting. My only thoughts are the Kommandos. why 12 and 12? why not 15 and 10? What's your plan for them?  Loving the Boom Bombs idea!

If youre doubling down on Chinorks, and thus have multiples to mitigate the odd one getting shot down, id go for the rattler kannons.

Much more dakka, and with multiple chinorks you have a much better chance of using them. Just lose a deffkopta and a few upgrades to pay for it.

If youre doubling down on Chinorks, and thus have multiples to mitigate the odd one getting shot down, id go for the rattler kannons.

Much more dakka, and with multiple chinorks you have a much better chance of using them. Just lose a deffkopta and a few upgrades to pay for it.

The reason for deffguns over the rattler kannons is because this list is very heavily leaning towards anti infantry. While bigbomms do deal mortal wounds and killsaws are nasty in close combat, those are the only real anti tank options present, and bigbomms are better utilized against units with more than one model. Deffguns at least have a shot of taking wounds off of transports, dreads, etc. Plus rattler kannons aren't as accurate as you think. Chinorks have to stay mobile to stay alive. They are super fragile. So, being BS 5 and rattler kannons being heavy, they're always going to be rolling on 6s to hit. On average you'll roll 14 shots a turn and 1/6 of them will hit. Thats 2-3 shots a turn actually hitting for a 32 point buy. Deffguns are free, and while they do have less total shots, the increased strength stands a better chance of wounding vehicles and the like than an S5 rattler kannon.

I'd rather pay 0 points for 1 shot hitting a turn than 32 points for 2-3 shots hitting per turn :) Now if this were a 2000 point list and I could add in a unit of KMKs, I'd definitely take the rattler kannons :D

On the Kommando sizes, I just have a thing for even numbers. Don't give an enemy a reason to focus one squad down over another. Plus a 15 man squad is much harder to fit in cover than a 12 man squad.

Kaldoth, I've been meaning to ask what are you going to use for your Warkoptas? Flying bases clear stems? Something else? I have 2 kitbashed Kpoptas I got from Ebay over a year ago and who ever made them glued 2 clear stems together, looks not so good and probably not very reliable.   

Kaldoth, I've been meaning to ask what are you going to use for your Warkoptas? Flying bases clear stems? Something else? I have 2 kitbashed Kpoptas I got from Ebay over a year ago and who ever made them glued 2 clear stems together, looks not so good and probably not very reliable.   

The Kopta Kans from Kromlech actually come with their own flying base stands that fit into the bottom of the fuselage :D If you are using the GW ones and don't have a flying stand, I'd just grab some thick plastic rod or some thin brass rod to hold them up. They don't weigh that much so they should be easy to support :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived