Using the High Marshal for the first time in for ever!

Iago

I played a 1500pt game last night and Used the High Marshal for the first time!

I loved it.

He really made my Land Raider crusader quite nasty :) re rolls to hit are awesome.

His +1 str ability helped my crusader squad mop up things in combat.

And he is 6 wounds, so he survived quite nicely against a lot of things until he was felled by necron gauss.

I paired him up with a lieutenant for the re roll wounds.

Now, in the future I think my Lieutenant will be my warlord and give him the storm of fire warlord trait so that the LRC can have some more AP goodness.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I have been playing my Dark Eldar alot, and it was rather refreshing to run the good ol templars again. My original love, my main army... :D

Congrats Brother!

I'm a noob, so maybe I'm wrong with this:

I think a Castellan (Lieutenant) that is going to be advancing and in the forefront of the battle (not the first, but close enough) for adding that aura to the High Marshals' aura, is not a good choice as Warlord, because it has no access to Invul. Save (no access to StormShield or Iron Halo) even giving him a Relic (The Armour Indomitus) the invul will remain for a single turn. So he is not more resilent than an Apothecary or Ancient. I think it is not too difficult to engage him in melee and slain him, he has a normal power armour.

I think there are several missions that killing the Warlord give points, and extra points when the mission is about killing enemy units.

Maybe a Captain should be your Warlord. I usually use a Captain with StormShield and PowerAxe, and I choose him as Warlord and he stays far from the frontline, supporting my Devastators and Predator.

I want to say again that I'm a noob and maybe my opinion is totally wrong.

Edited by Dark_Jober

My only problem with the High Marshall is that he make the Chaplain redundant...and ever Templars list want a proper chaplain

Nah, because you still need someone to run with your VV with jump packs ;) Plus he can't be everywhere at once

My only problem with the High Marshall is that he make the Chaplain redundant...and ever Templars list want a proper chaplain

Nah, because you still need someone to run with your VV with jump packs :wink: Plus he can't be everywhere at once

exactly - one with jump pack or Terminator Armor and Crusader Helmet!!!!!

I usually run Helbrecht and a Castellan together with lots of small Crusader units + a few characters + Honor Guard.

So they are very strong in shooting, but very good in countercharges or even in charge.

Be mindfull though that the S+1 aura applies to models not units within 6".

but 6" right and 6" left its also a huge range.

I ain't saying it isn't, but it has bothered me in the past when I have seen fellow Templar brothers use the rule as "units" instead of "models". One case may have been ignorance but in another instance I am convinced the player was deliberately cheating.