IVth Legion 4k Boots on the Ground

Hey guys it's been awhile since I posted here. 8th edition sapped some of my attention but I'm back into it a bit. I did an inventory of my Iron Warriors and found that I can comfortably run them at up to 4k now.

The list is based around Perty's t1 deepstrike ability to get as much infantry in the opponents face as possible as fast as possible. Even if I run at smaller points the list will function the same. Take a look!

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [4000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Damocles Command Rhino [110pts]: Dozer Blade, Extra Armour

Primus Medicae [140pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Combi-Bolter, On Foot

. Consul: Primus Medicae

The Primarch Perturabo [490pts]: After Istvaan

+ Troops +

Terminator Squad, Legion [390pts]

. Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter

. Terminators, Legion

. . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Plasma gun

. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist

Terminator Squad, Legion [390pts]

. Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion

. Terminators, Legion

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [280pts]: Veteran Tactics: Marksmen

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Dozer Blade

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter

. . Power Weapon: Power Sword

. Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web

. Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web

. Veteran Space Marines, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Nuncio-vox

. Veteran Space Marines, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade

. Veteran Space Marines, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [280pts]: Veteran Tactics: Marksmen

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter

. . Power Weapon: Power Sword

. Veteran Space Marines, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Nuncio-vox

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [260pts]: Veteran Tactics: Marksmen

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword/Combat Blade

. Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Plasma gun

. Veteran Space Marines W/ Special Weapon, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Plasma gun

+ Fast Attack +

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter [240pts]: Ground-tracking Auguries, 2x Kraken Penetrator Heavy missile, Two Sunfury heavy missiles

+ Heavy Support +

Iron Havoc Support Squad [475pts]: 9x Iron Havoc, 9x Lascannon

. Iron Havoc Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Lascannon

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [400pts]: Dreadnought Drop Pod, Legion

. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Leviathan Storm Cannon, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver

Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad [545pts]: 9x Tyrant Terminator

+ Allegiance +

and Allegiance, Legion: IV: Iron Warriors, Traitor

Rite of War: Primarch's Chosen

++ Total: [4000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

So I'm in a new community out here in Asia that's pretty small and there's this English dude who is running TSons which I've never faced before. How do you guys think it'd fare in this scary new post-7th world? Any recommended changes or additions to it?

Any advice would be appreciated!

A few minor quirks for me:

1) you have a podded leviathan without melee weapon which can be bogged by a tactical squad almost indefinietly. Either give him a CCW or drop the pod (do you see what I did )

2) Only 2 units of Veterans are Troops, the rest and Terminators are Elites (not that it changes anything, just sayin')

3) I’d take some meltas as a combi weapons or on Veterans

A few minor quirks for me:

1) you have a podded leviathan without melee weapon which can be bogged by a tactical squad almost indefinietly. Either give him a CCW or drop the pod (do you see what I did )

2) Only 2 units of Veterans are Troops, the rest and Terminators are Elites (not that it changes anything, just sayin')

3) I’d take some meltas as a combi weapons or on Veterans

1. Fair point. I haven't seen anyone pull that on me but it makes sense. I'll likely remove the pod since I adore the loadout. Although to be fair I rarely drop him too close to the enemy. Just into that 24" autocannon range.

2. Good point. I never noticed how that RoW was worded. Still works in elites fortunately.

3. I've never seen the point of meltas in this points lvl. Everything that can have ceramite does. At least in my personal experience.

Mind you I'm in a new community and I haven't played any of the stuff from the latest books so no telling what problems I'll run into now.

Experiences differ RE Ceramite. I've rarely bothered because it saves me enough points that allows me to jiggle numbers elsewhere to bring down another Fire raptor or Artillery Battery, and most of us evolved from melta and took Armourbane, or Graviton to kill vehicles.

Every meta is different, however, so it'sbetter to adapt.

That said, don't forget that they can be used to Snipe special weapons as they ignore Saves and FNP and with 12" range, wounds caused can only be allocated to those models in range.

Well I thought about replacing all the plasma with melta since it's the same cost, but I have plenty of str8+ in this list already so it's less relevant I feel.

Mind you I've never had the misfortune of facing an all AV list like contemptor spam or predator spam. Running all melta would be probably required against that nonsense.

If I were you I’d simply switch Plasma Guns and Missile Launchers on Veterans for Melta Guns.

We will see. I certainly have the spare bits to make a few changes. I just like the launchers too much. Webs and sniper seem to always do work for me. The plasma squad I'll switch out though for my next game and see how they do.