Frag Cannons In M31

Alright, so brief disclaimer before I ask muh question. We don't really do competitive slash full-scale by-the-book battles around here - instead, everything's narrative-driven, fluff-oriented, and converted to be heavily, HEAVILY individual. 

Now that that's out of the way ... 

I found myself wondering this evening about [marine-portable] frag-cannons during the Crusade and Heresy. Obviously, unless i've missed something, there hasn't been any actual presentation of them as existing during this time-period - whether in rules, or iirc in fluff. Although after taking a brief look through Lexicanum and 40k Wiki [not that there appears to be an article on the latter, weirdly], it doesn't seem like there's any actual material about when they came into service - whether they're an "innovation" that the Deathwatch and associated tech-priests/marines have come up with (or, for that matter, rediscovered an STC-template for), something that was initially IXth Legion [due to its presence on a number of their post-Heresy dreadnoughts] during this time-period, or only subsequent ... or something else entirely.

Such a weapon would fit in pretty legit-ly with my truescaled Iron Warriors trench-runners Inq28/Killteamery [in terms of both its visual aesthetic, as well as how it's supposed to work in fluff and practice]; so I'm wondering if there's any actual information stating one way or 'tuther about frag-cannons being around at this time. 

Or, for that matter, potential equivalents. 

Frag Cannons are not yet present, in model, rule or story format, whether on Dreadnought, or on Marine-Portable formats (or for that matter, as a weapon team).

Sadly, marines don't have a Mortar Carrier yet outside of the Medusa. You could refluff it as a Heavy Bolter, especially with Iron Havoc's, whose BS5, Pinning and -1 Cover is pretty legit for representing miniature artillery.