Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron warriors or other machine loving forces?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Lord Kallozar

Lord Kallozar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 800 posts
Hey

I am thinking of putting together a small warband that is based around the theme of fusing machines and daemons together. Now I know that iron warriors do not exactly utilise or like daemons so I don’t know if that would work. Could it work fluffwise that another warband comprised of traitor sons of Dorn have formed and hybrid themselves into mechanical/demon forms etc?

grimsanity

grimsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts
Iron warriors love daemon machines.
  • Magpie Knight and Nym like this

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 582 posts
Storm of Iron, which has been one of the holyiest of books for IW players, has plenty of them in there.

The biggest thing with the warp and the IW is that they don't want themselves to be mutated, hence the cutting off of the mutations and implanting machinery instead. That doesn't mean however that they do not use the warp to make a weapon of war better and more powerful.

Alternatively, you could create a warband based more upon that concept, that has more warp influence, which has the potential for awesome.
  • Iron_Within likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
  • Faction: Neo Zeon
The Warsmith says that you don't make friends with "daemons," you imprison them within weapons and put those miserable extra-dimensional xenos to work!
  • Xin Ceithan, Aothaine and Iron_Within like this

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,108 posts

Iron Warriors ARE the big robot/Daemon engine legion. 

Thousand Sons and Word Bearers do have *some* of that certainly, but the standard is always Iron Warriors for that + Seige equipment. 

Warpsmiths, Chaos Lords, lots of tanks and engines. and go at it. Should work fairly well on the table overall and if you care for forgeworld get some Rapiers, thematically they are Iron Warrior through and through, and they also look great. 

If you choose to go the Iron Warrior route there are beautiful current edition plastics for Mark 3 models, which with little conversion at all make great iron warriors models.  I use them for black legion with a some easy shoulder pad and head swaps. Far better looking then the "normal" chaos plastics that are very outdated. 

Furio Reyka

Furio Reyka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

We do not like daemons... unless they are jammed inside a vehicle! Go for it, sounds like an awesome army, apart from the sons of dorn bit...

• Kite Senet likes this

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,773 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I've been working slowly on the back story for an iron warriors force that is attacking a sector that my BT are crusading in.

The Iron warriors had secured certain assets there during the heresy that they are now about to recover.

One of which is archeotech relating to the Men of Iron. How I'm going to go forward with this idk... but I was thinking of modelling some gun toting killer robots as counts as obliterators tho...

Lord Kallozar

Lord Kallozar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 800 posts
Thanks for replies.

I think I may go for a renegade DIY chapter that pretty much operate similarly like the iron warriors do and has mega strong connections to the dark mechanicus. They will be quite religious in worship though to the dark gods and the dark mechanicus god (is there such a thing?) alike and are a messed up fusion/hybrid of human/daemon/machine chaos marines

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 582 posts
Generally speaking with the mechanicus it comes down to two very broad groups. Either you are with the Imperium and believe the Emperor is the Omnisiah or you are Dark mech and don't believe that the Emperor is that god. Chaos is kinda an add on to those of the dark mech, although since it is chaos it is perfectly reasonable to believe that the chaos God's are just aspects of the Omnisiah and can thus worship all or one specific one.

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users