What imperial knight house as allies

Hi all

With the release of Forge bane, I've been weak and bought one box. 

Now I have to decide what colours scheme to use for my knights.

Do you know if a particular Imperial Knight House is known lore wise to fight alongside  the Black Templars ?

(+ May our zeal be eternal +)

I was trying to find a reference for any knights deployed to armageddon for the third war which would leave open one fluff route for such an occurrence. I found nothing yet but did find this ..

From warhammer40k.wikia.com

The 13th Black Crusade (995.999.M41) - Houses Krast and Arokon join the Imperial forces rushing to reinforce the Cadian Gate against the Chaos hordes spewing forth from the Eye of Terror. The inbound Knights of House Arokon are feared lost amid the fierce etheric tides of Warp Storm Baphomael. However, news soon filters back to the Imperium that four household detachments of Knights bearing Arokon's colours have been seen taking the fight to the Forces of Chaos, shattering two large formations of Iron Warriors siege tanks with righteous fury. All told, a dozen knightly houses rush to reinforce the Cadian Gate.

So some knights deployed to cadia where a crusade also deployed.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Thank you for this quote. 

Unfortunately I couldn't find the colour scheme of House Arokon on the Internet.

And House Krastus is too close to the Adeptus Mechanicus for my Puritan mentality.

But it makes me think to take a look to the Gathering Storm Fall of Cadia supplement, see if there are any imperial knight hanging around. 

Regarding the 3rd war for armageddon.

Forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus

Ark Mechanicus-class Battleship

Centurio Ordinatus, 4 Ordinatii

Legio Crucius, Demi-Legio

Legio Ignatum, Legio

Legio Invigilata, Legio

Legio Magna, Quarto-Legio

Legio Metallica, Demi-Legio

Legio Tempesto, Legio

Legio Victorum, Legio

Skitarii, 14 Regiments

There are imperial knights that are part of those mechanicus legios I believe.

I would have thought you might struggle. Knights weren't really a thing when Armageddon was the hot topic. I'd never heard of them before I came back to the hobby last year.

I agree that cross-referencing the titan legions present in the Armageddon fluff (above) with knight allegiances is your best bet.

Edited by Brother Adelard

I think i saw that Knights were also in at least one version epic... but I think that was about the 2nd war... idk. Not fluent in that system. Even if it was just the second war, you can look at the legio composition for an idea.

Also somebody on here posted a bunch of legio Metallica knights, which looked awesome.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Legio Ignatum and Metalica were at the Third War of Armageddon

Third War for Armageddon (998.M41) - Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka launched a second and even more massive Ork WAAAGH! to conquer the Imperial world of Armageddon in 998.M41, initiating the campaign known as the Third War for Armageddon. As the battles raged on the planet, Ghazghkull unleashed another of his carefully prepared surprises. Incredibly, dozens of Ork Roks (asteroid fortresses) began to descend from orbit. The Roks made landings in the verdant equatorial jungles of the world and across the continents of Armageddon Primus and Secundus. Many were lost to ground fire or accidents but each one that survived became a bastion for the Orks, a rallying point and a ready-made fortress. Besides their formidable armaments, the Roks contained giant teleport arrays. These were employed to teleport down Ork reinforcements, including Gargants and heavy artillery, in an endless stream. Commissar Yarrick personally led attacks by Regiments of Cadian Shock Troops supported by the Titans of the Legio Ignatum and Legio Metalica which destroyed several of these fortresses.

As was Legio Invigilata, as featured in Helsreach

Edited by Kisada

The knights I allied in were House Hawkshroud. This was for two main reasons. Firstly, their yellow primary colour scheme contrasts well with the templar scheme, while retaining the black and white we all know and love. Secondly, they are more likely to be "oathsworn" to a crusade or army than individual knights from other houses. I also appreciate their insistence of answering all calls for aid, regardless of the cost.

If you want to add a detachment of multiple knights, lore wise it shouldn't matter what knight house or forge world they are from. Oathsworn knights are rarer because they do not leave the armies they support during a campaign and often bear heraldry of the armies they support on their pauldrons. There are also freeblades, survivors of destroyed knight houses which operate more like mercenaries. These are great choices if you want one solitary knight, as they represent themselves, and not any army or knight house.

Edited by Kontakt