Rylds Primaris Minotaur Chapter

Cheers guys. 

Sagentus, I might do the next model with a silver imperium crest to see how it looks. It would tie in with the silver on the backpack.

Chickenleg, Not sold on the verdigris idea. When I was looking at gold or bronze colour schemes I didn't prefer the ones that had the verdigris effect. I am thinking of doing a muddy base, so could add in some weathering effects to the model.

He looks cool!

Maybe just a touch too much red on him though, starting to not make it obvious he's a member of the powerful Minotaur chapter.

I think the thigh plates, helm crest and backpack vents could do with being in gold (maybe change up the helm for characters) just to make him a little less busy. Chest eagle in silver as Ryld said too would be great with this.

I have a pic of the plates done in gold. I do prefer the red. The helm crest will only be on characters, even then I am not 100% sold on it.

rdwhGjP.jpg

y3ZXe2V.jpg

Gold plates, with red eyes.

Changed to green eyes and black plates. Still prefer red plates. :happy.:

FSIQnCI.jpg

But really appreciate the comments you guys have written. I'll start working on the first of my Intercessors shortly and do the chest icon in silver. For this guy I will paint his vents gold and see what it look like.

Cheers

Aren't different colored helmets or helmet crests used to indicate rank?

The Minotaur still looks good, but you need to let us know his rank and which Company he serves in, and give us time to study files on Astartes insignia, before we can say whether or not the colors you gave him are appropriate.

Looks good with gold crest and silver vents.

I still think a not red chest eagle thing would work better though

I'll bring it down next Friday bro and you will be amazed how good it looks. :yes:

I actually can't imagine it being any better than red. I'll paint the next one white or silver and have a look at them both side by side. No promises though.....:wink:

I really like the tones you've achieved for those colours; they definitely complement each other well.

One thing I've seen that I quite like is painting the chestplate that the aquila sits on a different colour. These are the Iron Ravens painted by Paul Norton, a member of the GW Army Painter team:

1uPTWo5.png

You can see that he uses more blue on higher-ranking characters; while regular troops and their Sergeants have silver chests and thigh plates, the Ancient has blue arms, the Lieutenant also has blue upper chestplate and thigh plates, and the Captain has additional blue plates on his torso.

Aside from the use of colour to denote rank like that, Mk X armour has a lot of opportunities for that sort of colour choice; you could try painting the upper chestplate red, with either a gold aquila or another colour (since some chapter use aquila colour to denote company).

You mentioned you're not sold on the helm crest in red; since Mk X helmets are so similar to Mk IV, you could try painting the faceplate in a different colour, like the 'Eavy Metal scheme for the Betrayal at Calth Dark Apostle:

99120101144_BetrayalofCalthHeroes03.jpg

• 1 month later...

In between working on some daemons, I have been giving this model a bit of paint.

8AQn22C.jpg

FkqODaE.jpg

His cloak needs a bit of tidy up, where the white meets the red, and the dark red areas on the cape need tidying up. Other than that I'm happy with his progress.

Thanks

Archived