Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ice's game/paint blog (mostly sisters)

Sisters of battle SoB blog

29 replies to this topic

Ice warrior

Ice warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
  • Faction: Imperial fists

Beautiful work.

Thanks, I should have around 50 ish, now fully based and ready. I will get a pic soon I hope.

How do you do your power swords? Love how they look!

I don't have "one" way to do power weapons. Usually I just painfully paint one layer at the time, going from dark to white. Variations of styles differ between blades. 

I think the one on the seraphim is done with one orange base, and then apply very diluted yellow 20 -30 times with decreasing paint surface towards one end or the other, then I added the "reflections" by having yellow/white mix and then highlight that with pure white.

With gold color I have noticed, that correctly applying pure white to finish the work, makes or breaks the entire thing.

Speaking comes by nature, silence by understanding.

Ice warrior

Ice warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

Oh, so close of getting fully painted and based army on the field. Still missing new superiors, celestine and her bodyguards. 

Furthermore, I need to prepare 2nd seraphim squad.

I am totally in love with the bases, fairly easy to make and they look awesome!

Spoiler

• Ray_K, Bjorn Firewalker and robofish7591 like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,795 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Well done. Where'd the blonde with the bolt pistol (front row, on the left of both photos) get the fur trimming her cape? Do the Sisters of this Order hunt wolves and other predators as combat training? Fight these beasts in gladiatorial combat, as an initiation rite for the Order's elites? Or do their admirers gift them mink coats as a sign of favor?

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, Yesterday, 08:29 AM.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Ice warrior

Ice warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

Pyromaniac was not allowed to field a flamer, so she needed something to keep herself warm.

Ice warrior

Ice warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

Some highlights of the past two games,

My list in general

outrider, battalion and auxiliary

3x 5 battle sisters with 3 storm bolters

Celestine + 2 gemini

Canoness (relic)

stock Canoness

8 seraphim with plasma power sword and 2x2 inferno.

2x5 dominion 4 melta and 1 inferno pistol

2x5 retributors one with 4x heavy flamer and one with 4xheavy bolter

2 repressors and one immolator

and finally Inquisitor Greyfax.

(from, today I purged thread)

Faced Aeldari craftworld of  Ulthwe. Tabling the filthy xenos by turn 5.

Maelstorm - Tactical gambit

Purged:

Eldrad

5x seer council

7x Warp spiders

10x Striking scorpions 

Karandras the phoenix lord of the Striking scorpions

2x10 guardian units

10x rangers 

Wave serpent with 5x dire avengers

2 wraith lords

Martyred 

roughly 85-90% of my entire force

Points to note. Seraphim turn one jump to Eldrad's face melted him. Celestine proceeded to mop the entire enemy table edge by herself. killing, 2 guardian teams, wraith lord(seraphim helped), warlocks and a squad of warpspiders. 

Second game was against Tau and the sept was sha'ca or something. I apologize for remembering tau names badly

Enemy surrendered at the end of turn 3, as he had only 1 hammerhead left.

General enemy list

1 suit commander (warlord)

3 characters of who were basically markerlight spammers.

3x10 fire warriors

2x6 pathfinders (all had one ion blaster/cannon) 

8x stealth suits

Deep striking gun/Shield drone group

Riptide XV something something (in picture)

Sun shark bomber

and finally a single Hammerhead with some sort of Ion Cannon

(we used the secret objectives)

Opponent managed to seize, scary first turn, but failed to score a single kill due to my placement of repressor who blocked most of the squishy infantry and ended with only 3 wounds left.

- Surprisingly Celestine did not do that much, put some wounds on the commander and killed one character. (Shield drones are annoying!)

- Greyfax managed to terrify the commander turn one, to prevent overwatch. Finished off a unit of fire warriors. Smited suit commander to death and bolterized an another foot commander.

- Flamers are soo good, heavy flamer team wiped the floor against the stealth suit unit and torched another fire warrior team. 

- Unsurprisingly meltas did good, they melted riptide and the bomber.

Things to note of both games:

- Meltas are really good, doubly so in repressors, I think I might have to get more of repressors, as I am only stuck to two now. 

- Heavy flamer retributors are performing really well. they are pretty hilarious to use. 

- Seraphim and Celestine are doing well for the price.

- Heavy bolter retributor team did not do much on either match as they were being blasted from turn one. Resulting in me spending faith to keep them alive. Still worth I believe, since they soak lot of rounds, as they got 2+ save in cover. 

- Kinda liking the stormbolter battle sister squads. small compact and they throw some dice at the enemy. Now I need to get 15 storm bolters from somewhere!

Spoiler

• Montford likes this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sisters of battle, SoB, blog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users