What's the next unit you're considering adding to your army?

I picked up some Aggressors today, as they've been on my mind for some time now.

My current 2000 point force includes one or more of the following:

Lysander

Primaris Librarian

Tactical Squads (including a flamer, a plasma gun, two multi-meltas)

Scout Snipers

Terminators (storm bolter & PF, heavy flamer and assault cannon)

Aggressor Squad

Ironclad Dreadnought

Land Speeder (assault cannon)

Devastator Squad (missile launchers)

Vindicator (bought it a few weeks ago, felt like being fluffy)

Razorback (Lascannons)

I'm pretty certain that I want to go for a one-of-everything approach, rather than just cheesing out whatever is most effective.  I like my army's ability to throw out a lot of bolter fire (yes, I know if kind of sucks now, but my local shop has a healthy amount of Tyranids), take down tougher targets with the devastators and lascannons, and teleport strike with Lysander and Terminators, throw down a ton of rapid-fire, then try and get lucky on an assault.

I'm thinking my next move will be to phase out my landspeeder and maybe add some more aggressors to soak up assault troops with their Fire Storm ability, or perhaps something like a Sternguard Veteran Squad for some additional range with a bit of AP.

What's the next unit you're thinking about adding?

I've been thinking about board control and how many armies use deepstriking to deploy late in the game. I'm imagining using 3-4 scout squads to deploy all over the neutral zone, and using tacticals to deploy in my deployment zone. Then using Reivers, assault marines w/ Jumppacks and Terminators to deep strike towards the enemy, and then especially use the Reivers to push into the enemy deployment zone. If done well I'm wondering if I could seriously injure an army like the "5 Flying Hive Tyrannt" types that always deepstrike late. 

So for me I'm thinking about Reivers a lot recently

• 3 weeks later...

So for me I'm thinking about Reivers a lot recently

Yeah I love the idea and look of Reivers, I'm just not sure they fit in my army.  I think I'll be getting them in my future Salamanders army, I think.  Little something to distract my opponents while my flamers get closer

• 2 weeks later...

Some aggressors as well.

I played a 1250 point game against Death Guard today and my Aggressors just planted on an objective and shot all comers.  Their ability to double-fire really paid off, even with str 4 against T5, all those dice added up.  Throw a captain within 6 inches and the hits really add up.

Some aggressors as well.

I played a 1250 point game against Death Guard today and my Aggressors just planted on an objective and shot all comers.  Their ability to double-fire really paid off, even with str 4 against T5, all those dice added up.  Throw a captain within 6 inches and the hits really add up.

It's almost a shame that I've already converted Primaris'd Assault Terminators using Aggressor bodies. Doesn't seem right to have units of Aggressors alongside them.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to get a razorback (we played a tank battle last week, two titans vs Khorne lord of skulls, only managed 14 wounds over 2 rounds - razorback rocks up, and with some exceptional rolling did 16 wounds in one turn)

That or a landraider

I wound up getting a Contemptor Dreadnought in a Charity Auction, so that's my new unit lol.

Since its supposed to be very old I'm naming it Gandalf. I guess that would explain where he's been all this time. ;)

Archived