How tall is Abaddon?

Borky

I recommend using slaughter priest legs for sure. My CSM are primaris sized using cataphractii legs and torsos. For my terminator sorc I used slaughter priest legs because I heard that he was tall. Holy crap he's like a primarch and I love it. They'd make for a great Abbaddon.

Thirding the Slaughterpriest legs.

While I haven't used the Slaughterpiest to convert Abaddon, I did, however, use the Slaughterpriest with a Hackblade's legs on my Fabius Bile counts-as, based on the Primaris Chaplain.

Both Slaughterpriests have incredibly long legs, easily being taller than most terminators, and possibly as tall as a Primaris Marine.

The thing is I'm trying to convert Abaddon as if the Primaris models are just true scale marines, so I need them to be a fair bit taller than Primaris minis. :wink:

Just a heads up but if you haven't seen Archaon in person, he's big. Bigger and chunkier than an ogryn big. There's a comparison shot with an AoS bloodreaver (about the size of a normal marine) here, which should give a good idea. Could work, could be too big.

He'll definitely tower over primaris marines but you'd want to be careful with the legs in particular. The Slaughterpriest is roughly primarch sized, based on Angron conversions, and Archaon is larger and, more importantly, bulkier than that again. Don't want to throw cold water on your idea but there's a possibility of it resulting in an Abaddon who skipped leg day...

Just a heads up but if you haven't seen Archaon in person, he's big. Bigger and chunkier than an ogryn big. There's a comparison shot with an AoS bloodreaver (about the size of a normal marine) here, which should give a good idea. Could work, could be too big.

He'll definitely tower over primaris marines but you'd want to be careful with the legs in particular. The Slaughterpriest is roughly primarch sized, based on Angron conversions, and Archaon is larger and, more importantly, bulkier than that again. Don't want to throw cold water on your idea but there's a possibility of it resulting in an Abaddon who skipped leg day...

Thank you for the pics! They are very useful. I think finding parts that fit the model could be difficult having seen that, like the terminator back. Even a new sword and the Talon of Horus could be difficult to make...

Unfortunately, my google-fu hasn't helped me find a picture of Abaddon's 40k and 30k versions in a line-up with Horus' model. But the 40k Abaddon is TINY compared to even current plastic Terminators. But I did find some size comparisons with Horus' model, 40k Abaddon and 30k Abaddon.

this Truescale Lufgt Huron conversion (from TheTrans' Astral Claws log) is made from Horus. So here's a comparison between Horus and an Imperial Guard.

20170920_214522.jpg

This is a comparison between the Abaddon mini (the metal version, but the current Finecast one is the same size) and the plastic Terminator Lord:

http://i28.tinypic.com/ehxfn4.jpg

Without the scenic base, he's still a head shorter than the plastic Terminator Lord.

I think I would grab something from Age of Sigmar and green stuff it up. The models are just about the right size.

Edit: What about using an aggressor or Inceptor body? Could that armour be modified to look like Terminator Armor? What about Centurion Armor?

I think I would grab something from Age of Sigmar and green stuff it up. The models are just about the right size.

Edit: What about using an aggressor or Inceptor body? Could that armour be modified to look like Terminator Armor? What about Centurion Armor?

If I went AoS it’d be a combo of a slaughter priest and the Varanguard. If I’m looking at 40k stuff Aggressors could work. Might also look at Custodes termies.

Why not just go with the 30k Abaddon and then greenstuff chaos based items on as needed?

I've seen it talked about, but I can't distinctly remember actually seeing it done... TO GOOGLE!
apparently, nobody has done it before.

I don't imagine it being that difficult though. Just cut off the tassles, replace the tassles in between the legs with a tabard, add a skull darling from some chains and glue it to the tabard, take the trophy rack from the original and glue it on to the back, put the correct portions of a stormbolter on to his talon, replace his sword with dra'kyen, and then greenstuff his filigree to be be more embroidered like most CSM and you'd be done.

Is this the 30k horus mini converted?667f714240ecdde109412a51d8f59ef8.jpg

Yup, that's 30k Horus converted into Abaddon.
It certainly looks good, but my biggest gripes are that it has a cape (which he doesn't wear) is missing his trophy rack (which he does wear), and it's way too big. Abaddon is decribed as being big, but never that big. Standing on that rock, he's bound to be almost as tall as guiliman.

Isn't he described in Talon of Horus as being the same size as the Horus clone when they size each other up?

can't remember. It's been a few years since I've read it. Do keep in mind though that that "perfect" clone of Horus got killed by a few dozen Black Legionaries so......

I do remember in HH book two (False Gods) when Horus gets upset with him and is described as towering over him with even Abaddon being taken aback with how dangerous he looked. I also remember another example in False Gods when it took the entirety of the Mournival to support Horus when he was injured on Davin and Abaddon was explicitly small enough to fit comfortably under Horus' armpit to support him. All of this combined with the official artwork for Loken vs Abaddon in conjunction with both of his official models leads me to believe that Abaddon is once again larger than most legionaries, but by no means primarch sized.

Oh, and as long as we're talking about conversions:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eDZII0LzfxI/VMeDIiZb41I/AAAAAAAAH3I/R4hp1BNjQf8/s1600/Eye_of_Terror%2Bcopy%2Bcopy.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NgdrmRf_Yzs/VMeDElMCrHI/AAAAAAAAH2Q/NBnLrHg50eE/s1600/DSCF8722.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0fJfdtD1JsU/VMeDEotW1pI/AAAAAAAAH2M/K-_sPVTeeas/s1600/DSCF8723.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-f93-JHeJ-jY/VMeDEjMjvgI/AAAAAAAAH2U/tSYanwTuh10/s1600/DSCF8725.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQ3RBqdMZ5g/VMeDGK0AqzI/AAAAAAAAH2k/ae9zcDLIMVo/s1600/DSCF8726.jpg

Might as well add to what I said a few minutes ago.

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Ezekyle_Abaddon_Primer_Capit%C3%A1n_Hijos_de_Horus_ante_Justaerin.jpg

Unless all of those Sons of Horus are primarch sized.......

I will be attempting to make Abaddon scaled with Primaris marines as if they were true scale, I’m not sure the FW heresy model would be tall enough for that. I think, as people have suggested, AoS stuff is the way to go, perhaps starting with a slaughtepriest as the base.

I thought he was just juiced up by the mark of chaos ascendant. So he starts out bigger than most marines, and by the 40k timeline, he is almost as big as Guilliman, then you factor in the terminator armor, and his bulk should be around the same size as Gman in his armor. 

I don't think he is necessarily the same size as Horus during the Black Legion books, or in the 30k era, it's just the effects of the eye of terror and the eventual favor of each chaos god at once.

I'd be genuinely surprised if he isn't close to primarch sized when they eventually release his next 40k era model.

I thought he was just juiced up by the mark of chaos ascendant. So he starts out bigger than most marines, and by the 40k timeline, he is almost as big as Guilliman, then you factor in the terminator armor, and his bulk should be around the same size as Gman in his armor. 

I don't think he is necessarily the same size as Horus during the Black Legion books, or in the 30k era, it's just the effects of the eye of terror and the eventual favor of each chaos god at once.

I'd be genuinely surprised if he isn't close to primarch sized when they eventually release his next 40k era model.

If I was better at green stuff sculpting I’d just go from a Centurion so that it was nearer Gmans size. Or just go from Gman but in my head cannon that’s too big.

I'm honestly finding it hard to believe that you guys are seeing this evidence and are still ignoring it.....

Abaddon was literally never stated or even implied to have gotten larger. By his first black crusade, he was just as big as when he left. Sigismund was only slightly shorter than him. Matter of fact, Typhus, Lucius, Khârn, and Ahriman have all stayed the same in spite of spending so much time in the Eye. Hell, Khârn fought abaddon during one of the Black Crusades. Abaddon was only slightly bigger than him and that can easily be chalked up to his Terminator armor.

No offense, but it seems like you guys are hell bent on using head canon over actual canon facts. If you want Abaddon to be big, imposing, and commanding like Horus was, that's cool, but please recognize the actual facts.

Terminator armor doesn't make people bigger tho. Just bulkier. It's armor, not a mech.

Also there are enough examples of Marines being exposed to the warp for a long time turning out to be bigger than their loyalist counter parts so it's not too farfetched if GW decides to make Abaddon bigger as he used to be as well.

I was just confused how he could be nearly indistinguishable from his primarch in some passages yet be 2 foot shorter than him in others.

Really it's a consistency issue. Funny, it's like when a writer said a legion was as numerous as it needed t be for the story... well apparently abby is as tall as he needs to be. Lol

Dreadnoughts used to be able to travel inside Land Raiders, according to Black Library.

They chop and change stuff, seemingly at random and doom any attempt at slavish obedience to published canon.

If we are to base a conversion of Himself on anything approaching an objective reality then he would be distinctly more de Milo than Despoiler, in any event.

Make Abaddon Titan sized if you like and if anyone asks why tell them because :cuss you, that's why.

Your model.

Archived