Best HQ for Iron Warriors?

Yup, daemon prince with wings, 2+ save/regenerstion armour, claws and IW Warlord in a 40 men Cultists blob. Castro warptime on the Cultists and they are equally fast. One of the best Combos available to CSM.

Pretty much what has been stated above. You can also use the smith as your HQ if you want to rely more on the vehicles or even a chaos lord for a cheap reroll-bubble. But the best so far is the daemon prince with the malefic talons, wings and the IW relic for the 2+ save with 1 wound regen per turn. Grabbing the Warp Bolter is also not a bad idea since the Daemon Prince won't always be in melee.

As with basically every CSM army ... a Daemon Prince.

I think that's been the answer since the 3.5 ed codex, lol.

I don't remember the DP being so popular last edition but then again not much in the CSM Codex was very popular to begin with lol

For the secondary HQ i really like a Lord in Terminator armor with sword and combi-bolter - cheap, can deep strike with termies and provides them with re rolls for their combi-plasmas.

I run the usual Fleshmetal/Cold and Bitter Daemon Prince in a Cultist blob, but I run him walking with a Warp Bolter and Mark of Slaanesh. Just personal preference. I use a slightly different version of the Termie Lord and a Slaanesh sorcerer as my other HQ's. If I somehow need more than that or I'm fielding tons of heavy armor, I have a Warpsmith and a couple of Chaos Lords on foot.

As with basically every CSM army ... a Daemon Prince.

I think that's been the answer since the 3.5 ed codex, lol.

I don't remember the DP being so popular last edition but then again not much in the CSM Codex was very popular to begin with lol

Nurgle DP with wings was the go to for most.

• 1 year later...