Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

• 3 weeks later...

Perturabo is looking excellent so far! Also can't wait to see what you do with the new additions to the motor pool. You've got yourself quite the generous friend!

Indeed I do.

Not much in the way of updates on the Iron Warriors (painting the Vindicators is a bit of a slog :lol:), I did finish the Siege Breaker/Captain in Cataphractii Armour though:

k4TPKyz.jpg

RStmzwz.jpg

RL75LsA.jpg

IRK02SC.jpg

I also finished the four Chaos Marines (including the second Reaper Chaincannon) to make my first six-man squad into a 10-man:

WWOIwM3.jpg

RPzbOEK.jpg

0QtI7ia.jpg

Also, the doors for the Land Raider and Rhinos showed up. It looks pretty good on the Prometheus!

zU0OCmC.jpg

ppxkGoy.jpg

YTmz6xf.jpg

Great work so far coming along really nice!

Thanks! Presently I'm stuck with my Loyalist Iron Warriors, as I need one piece to make it so my Auto-Bolt Rifle Intercessor squad can get painted (need a thunder hammer, will get it this weekend), and I need a bunch of the skull helmets from the FW Iron Warriors upgrade set.

Perturabo is looking nice! Good luck restoring that Land Raider... it looks a bit rough. 

Thanks! And it looks worse than it actually is. Most of the roughness is actually from me having to rip the doors and sponsons off to switch them around (I hate, HATE, HATE sponsons being behind exit doors on Marine vehicles) :lol: And most of that damage is just superficial from the primer getting scraped off. Got some minor gap-filling on the body panels to do though, definitely.

Most of the roughness is actually from me having to rip the doors and sponsons off to switch them around (I hate, HATE, HATE sponsons being behind exit doors on Marine vehicles)

You and me both, brother. Never forget that GW originally put the sponsons up front in the artwork!

9MMRyot.png

Weekly-ish update:

Barring the lightning and highlights, third claw is done:
wUziDUh.jpg

Well... Their heads need to show up :laugh.: Have to (im)patiently wait until Friday for those....

I also did a quick repaint on the trim and armour of the Obliterator I completed a few months ago, as it's colouration was close, but very off compared to my new Night Lords scheme:

HpKwhk6.jpg

Much better now.

• 2 weeks later...

third claw looks really good thus far. look forward to seeing the obliterator finished with the newer paint scheme 

Thanks!

I finished third claw, need to get better pictures:

KRwkjlg.jpg

Additionally..... I maybe spent a bit too much at the local store today for the Anniversary/Black Library celebration.... :lol:

c6L0mwV.jpg

Been busy, managed to get Valerian and Aleya painted:
sq6l9g6.jpg

As well as a portion of an outstanding commission I've had to finish:
ULyAzEO.jpg

(still need to finish the rest of the Blood Angels for my friend)

In other news, my Necromunda adventures are soon beginning.... And I'm going to walk the Eightfold path....

BfWt7nW.jpg

Just a word of advice, though: The one from that Chaos Lord is just hilariously clunky and unwieldy and actually much less cool than it seems (at least that was my own experience with the piece). Rather go for the slightly less ostentatious packs from the old metal Raptors: Same general template, fewer bells and whistles (which makes for a sleeker, more predatory look). And you can always go back and add trophies and knick knacks as needed. Just my two cents...

Also: @ Isengrin: ;)

Edited by KrautScientist

Just a word of advice, though: The one from that Chaos Lord is just hilariously clunky and unwieldy and actually much less cool than it seems (at least that was my own experience with the piece). Rather go for the slightly less ostentatious packs from the old metal Raptors: Same general template, fewer bells and whistles (which makes for a sleeker, more predatory look). And you can always go back and add trophies and knick knacks as needed. Just my two cents...

Also: @ Isengrin: :wink:

Can't find anywhere that has any of the old metal/finecast Raptors.

My plan is to get two. One to have the trophies on, and then the other to remove everything from and do something to make copies of both. From the product description though, that Chaos Lord is now in resin, which means I'll have an easier time working with it.

Thanks for the warning though! :tu:

My plan is to get two. One to have the trophies on, and then the other to remove everything from and do something to make copies of both. From the product description though, that Chaos Lord is now in resin, which means I'll have an easier time working with it.

Thanks for the warning though! :thumbsup:

A little birdie tells me that totally reputable internet sellers tend to have them in stock. A certain...Alpharius, even. :^)

Edited by Lucerne

Thanks for the warning though! :thumbsup:

A little birdie tells me that totally reputable internet sellers tend to have them in stock. A certain...Alpharius, even. :^)

I know of those, but they take a while. Might as well do it myself :lol:

The best jump packs ever. How are you gonna duplicate them? 

Simple: Gonna mold and cast them :laugh.:

I used to have some, want me to check?

If you do that'd be awesome. So, check if you'd like to :yes:

Though.... Shipping from anywhere in Australia to the East Coast of the United States might be difficult with the current situation :lol:

The best jump packs ever. How are you gonna duplicate them? 

Simple: Gonna mold and cast them :laugh.:

Fair enough. :biggrin.: I was curious because after one of my gaming buddies did a few casts I'm looking into doing it myself with blue stuff moulds. 

:tongue.: