Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Krieg is looking good and his Nob arms work perfectly. As the youths once said: He works out.

The back story is pretty interesting. He'd also make for a rad 'enhanced marine' that Fabius was always trying to make too.

Thanks!

Krieg looks boss. Now I wanna make a Tiny Tina.

In the words of Palpatine: DO IT :laugh.:

Also, Krieg is now totally finished, aside from paint:

FQgUa4S.jpg

u2ejMBR.jpg

oVagPYQ.jpg

rOh7TS3.jpg

Also yes, that's sticks of dynamite made from toothpicks :laugh.:

And also, here's an early WIP of something for my Chaos:

a7FdjNs.jpg

9xipSh9.jpg

61uoq4n.jpg

Krieg looks freaking fantastic! And by the eightfold path, your Dark Adeptus looks amazeballs!

Regarding Tiny Tina, looking into bits now.

The Dark Mechanicum Magos looks promising. Is he possessed, or just heavily mutated?

I suppose heavily enhanced. The Crypt Ghoul torso will be covered in a Greenstuff robe (tattered and holey like the lower robes from Cawl), and the face will be covered by Cawl's cowl, which fits over it very well.

I may add some more tentacles to him, likely from a Hellbrute's Power Scourge (if I get another Helbrute for non-melee), or from the Talos/Chronos kit.

Krieg is a UNIT! Did you use rubber bands for his harness?

New Magos looks off to a great start. I like that its body and your giant spawn have a similar body shape.

Yup! Rubber bands for his harness. I learned that trick from Miniwargaming's conversions guy, Lee (
).

And I never noticed the Magos and the Spawn had a similar body structure. Probably because I never had them next to each other :lol:

Krieg looks freaking fantastic! And by the eightfold path, your Dark Adeptus looks amazeballs!

Regarding Tiny Tina, looking into bits now.

Thanks! Krieg went together much easier than I expected, only one bit of cutting was needed, which was to shorten the haft of the choppa to make the arms fit onto the shoulder.

And hopefully you figure out how to do Tina. I'm thinking I may make the other Vault Hunters :lol:

As a side note: Anyone know what the Hellwright on Abeneyant can take for weapons aside from the Axe? Because that's what that Magos is going to be.

Edited by Gederas

Yup! Rubber bands for his harness. I learned that trick from Miniwargaming's conversions guy, Lee (

).

I find that after a few years rubber bands get brittle, shrivel up, and start to crack and fall apart. I didn't watch the video - is something done to keep that from happening somehow?

Love the Krieg model! If I hadn't used my own Slaughterpriest for an Angron conversion (that also happens to use Ork arms, funnily enough), I would have gone for something like this as well. He works so well as a model, and the huge resemblance to the video game character is just the icing on the cake!

The Cawl-based Dark Magos seems like a very promising project! Looking forward to seeing more!

).
I find that after a few years rubber bands get brittle, shrivel up, and start to crack and fall apart. I didn't watch the video - is something done to keep that from happening somehow?
In the video, Lee mentions that if you don't really stretch them out, they won't do that. Additionally, he uses the thicker elastics, and they don't.

Rubber bands was a neat idea. I wondering if putting some glue on a q-tip, or some kind of applicator, then coating/applying it onto the rubber band would seal it so to speak.

I'm also thinking of doing that, just to make sure. Seal with super glue, then prime.

Love the Krieg model! If I hadn't used my own Slaughterpriest for an Angron conversion (that also happens to use Ork arms, funnily enough), I would have gone for something like this as well. He works so well as a model, and the huge resemblance to the video game character is just the icing on the cake!

The Cawl-based Dark Magos seems like a very promising project! Looking forward to seeing more!

Heey, there he is :lol: I love how the Krieg and Dark Magos kitbashes are what catches your attention, and not any of my World Eaters :lol:

I mean, I bought the Gorechosen box game, which came with that Slaughterpriest model, and I didn't do any conversions. simply because I felt I could play that game with some friends, and would prefer using the regular models.

But thanks for the compliments. And trust me, once I finish the ETL vow (I made a mistake with the 40 Escher-based cultists...), I'll be working on that Magos a lot more. I'm going for a Dieselpunk and Body Horror vibe for my Dark Mechanicum models.

Hence why there's an entire Crypt Ghoul torso where Cawl's head would normally go: I'm imagining that under those robes, the Magos is looking like some sort of cyborg Human Centipede until you get to the legs.

Also, since I posted the size comparison in the Drinking Hole, I feel it should be done here as well:

EZGewsh.jpg

6byiQ18.jpg

Krieg is :cuss-ing HUGE. Seriously. I didn't perfectly line up the ankles, but he's slightly taller than a Primaris Marine while HUNCHED OVER.

Now I understand why you used this for your Angron conversion KrautScientist, that Slaughterpriest model is MASSIVE.

Anyone remember that Warpsmith from page 1?

Well, I've gotten some more work on him:

2fyYDml.jpg

Managed to get his MASSIVE backpack full of mechatendrils (count em, eight in total) attached, as well as finalization of his axe. Now I just need to do some more finishing touches (greenstuff the connection between his backpack and back, add the magic holster, and add some bits here and here), but otherwise, he's done. And I also need to smooth out the connection between his axe head and the haft.

Edited by Gederas

Update to the Warpsmith taking Krautscientist's critiques into consideration:

@ Gederas: That Warpsmith is looking awesome! I would maybe use something different for those smoke stacks on his backpack, however -- they just seem a bit too massive at the moment, and that backpack is already big enough as is. Maybe something a bit more gothic would work better?

@ Gederas: Hmm, off the top of my head, some of the Death Guard back packs have smaller smoke stacks that might work really well, provided you can source them. There are also different smoke stacks in several Ork kits, obviously. And if all else fails, you could always use plasticard tubes. The problem I see with the back pack right now is that it's already very big and clunky -- almost too much so, in fact. And while I love the idea of including exhaust pipes, I think something more delicate and/or baroque might work as a good visual counterpoint to those huge mecha-dendrites.

I tried using the Plague Marine stacks. The larger of the two is still the same height as the Multi-melta barrel, but I feel the sizes work better.

FUqanV3.jpg

5jWyzat.jpg

I think they work a lot better than the old smokestacks.

These minis are super awesome man, really loving the conversions. Totally digging this Warpsmith, I dont have one yet but you have given me an idea, to have one that is walking along on his mechandrites like Doc Octopus! Not that I'm in any position to start such a project with my other stuff backed up to forever.  Such cool ideas here and I really like all the details, his mechanical waist or his left forarm for example. Super cool.  Seeing stuff like this makes my brain get really overactive and excited thinking about possible conversions... I'll just have to wait for the realisation of time and money to bring me back to earth.

still though...

EXCITING!

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

The new stacks look really good. I say the mismatched exhaust adds a better look and feel to a Warpsmith. As for the larger exhaust I think removing the rest of the original power pack it was snipped from will reduce its profile. You could even reattach it at an angle (then touch up or green stuff any gaps) to shrink the front the silhouette if you wanted.

The new exhausts are a huge improvement! However...

The new stacks look really good. I say the mismatched exhaust adds a better look and feel to a Warpsmith. As for the larger exhaust I think removing the rest of the original power pack it was snipped from will reduce its profile. You could even reattach it at an angle (then touch up or green stuff any gaps) to shrink the front the silhouette if you wanted.

Hushrong is absolutely right, I second this: At the moment, the lower part of the wider smoke stack looks like the remains of a backpack (which, of course, it is), and I would get rid of that part -- I'd argue the whole ensemble will probably look even better when the wider exhaust is actually shorter than the other one.

Apart from that, you've got a fantastic Warpsmith conversion on your hands there! :)

These minis are super awesome man, really loving the conversions. Totally digging this Warpsmith, I dont have one yet but you have given me an idea, to have one that is walking along on his mechandrites like Doc Octopus! Not that I'm in any position to start such a project with my other stuff backed up to forever. Such cool ideas here and I really like all the details, his mechanical waist or his left forarm for example. Super cool. Seeing stuff like this makes my brain get really overactive and excited thinking about possible conversions... I'll just have to wait for the realisation of time and money to bring me back to earth.

still though...

EXCITING!

Well, thank you. And yeah, I'm honestly surprised HOW (ironically) organically Khrogar came together here.

The new stacks look really good. I say the mismatched exhaust adds a better look and feel to a Warpsmith. As for the larger exhaust I think removing the rest of the original power pack it was snipped from will reduce its profile. You could even reattach it at an angle (then touch up or green stuff any gaps) to shrink the front the silhouette if you wanted.

The new exhausts are a huge improvement! However Hushrong is absolutely right, I second this: At the moment, the lower part of the wider smoke stack looks like the remains of a backpack (which, of course, it is), and I would get rid of that part -- I'd argue the whole ensemble will probably look even better when the wider exhaust is actually shorter than the other one.

Apart from that, you've got a fantastic Warpsmith conversion on your hands there! :)

So, did you both mean something like this then?

GLS8jcH.jpg

prfCocb.jpg

Apologies for the blurry photos. All his mechatendrils play hell with my camera's focus :lol:

Also, when I was fixing the bigger pipe, he fell off the table. And I learned that Helbrute Power Scourges don't like being dropped from table height >.> And one of the tips broke off. Took me ten minutes to find the :cuss-ing thing. Gotta love grey plastic and a blue-grey carpet. After he kept falling over, I decided it was high time I glued him to a base :lol:

Surprisingly, putting the bigger vent lower made it so there's no gap needing to be filled on it. Only the pits on the other one need to be filled in.

Also, speaking of Khrogar, something just rolled out of his forge:

7Gytpsb.jpg

KWRJpXl.jpg

ZKpGzEX.jpg

jBRWTYY.jpg

First transport for the World Renders of Khorne. Also yes, the Havoc Launcher in the back is magnetized

Oh yeah Gederas! That looks good. No need to apologize about photos. I need to take lessons on taking pics again myself. And maybe get a phone with a better camera. Sucks to hear about the mechatendril breakage though. Lots of these new figures worry the living hell out me with how 'frail' they are built. Like the new ghost guys for AoS, there is an executioner one with an axe going toward the base, his arm extended out holding onto it, and it holds up his body, a gallows, and a bunch of spook ghost. Woe to the poor soul that mishandles that. They look cool but I always start to get anxiety handling some of them. 

The rhino also looks appropriately Khornate! Just needs some paint and a battlefield loaded with skulls to crunch!

The smoke stacks are looking excellent now! :)

Looking at the somewhat empty space between the back of his neck and where the backpack attaches, maybe you could add some detailing there (some cabling, for example), to show how he's plugged into his backpack, Fabius Bile chirurgeon-style? Just a thought... ;)

Oh yeah Gederas! That looks good. No need to apologize about photos. I need to take lessons on taking pics again myself. And maybe get a phone with a better camera. Sucks to hear about the mechatendril breakage though. Lots of these new figures worry the living hell out me with how 'frail' they are built. Like the new ghost guys for AoS, there is an executioner one with an axe going toward the base, his arm extended out holding onto it, and it holds up his body, a gallows, and a bunch of spook ghost. Woe to the poor soul that mishandles that. They look cool but I always start to get anxiety handling some of them.

The rhino also looks appropriately Khornate! Just needs some paint and a battlefield loaded with skulls to crunch!

Thankfully the mechatendril was an easy fix. Honestly, these things wouldn't be as much of a problem if they weren't glued together at points that are VERY thin. Whichever GW designer who thought those small of a connection point was a good idea is a jerk :lol:

And thanks! I need to finish my current ETL vow, but doing some side things is helpful for keeping me sane. I just have 6 Noise Marines and then the hell of 40 Eschers to paint :lol:

The smoke stacks are looking excellent now! :)

Looking at the somewhat empty space between the back of his neck and where the backpack attaches, maybe you could add some detailing there (some cabling, for example), to show how he's plugged into his backpack, Fabius Bile chirurgeon-style? Just a thought... ;)

I was actually planning on adding some greenstuff to smooth out the connection between backpack and his back. But I could add some cables (guitar wire) to there as well.

The main issue is I need to drill holes into it more to get good anchor points :lol:

Edited by Gederas

So, in turning the Dark Angels Primaris Lieutenant into a Veteran Sergeant for my Hellblasters, I was left with a spare Hellblaster. So what to do?

Make him into a true-scale Dark Angel for the Deathwatch for Inquisimunda, that's what.

mRskCFE.jpg

Waiting on the Deathwatch shoulder pad from a friend. But after this, I think I'll pick up some of the Easy-to-Build Primaris to make some more true-scale Marines to make more.

Currently deciding on a name for him. Torn between Ramiel, Kokabiel or Shamshiel.

Edited by Gederas

Oh thats cool, I like the idea of his helmet being slung at his side. I'm really looking forward to playing around with my deathwatch, just a huge stack of things to get through. You really managed to cram in the detail on this guy. Wasnt planning on getting any Primaris but between you and Krautscientist I think I might end up popping some on a christmas list. Nice work man

Oh thats cool, I like the idea of his helmet being slung at his side. I'm really looking forward to playing around with my deathwatch, just a huge stack of things to get through. You really managed to cram in the detail on this guy. Wasnt planning on getting any Primaris but between you and Krautscientist I think I might end up popping some on a christmas list. Nice work man

Yeah, I got the idea from several Primaris models all having their helmets attached to their hip-plates or belts, and I decided to go with the MkIII helmet because Dark Angels were really heavily associated with Mark II and III armour, and let's be honest: Mark II and Mark III helmets look almost exactly the same :lol:. Plus, it kind of references Krautscientist's Brother Arcturus Diomedes, who has a Mark IV helm instead of a Primaris helmet at his waist.

And trust me, Primaris are a joy to work with. The scale is so much better :lol: Say what you want about the lore for them, GW NAILED IT with Primaris Marines in terms of how they're scaled and put together.

And if you plan on getting only a few, I'd say look into the Easy-to-build kits, or the character Solos.

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting an easy to build kit. I know that the posability is limited but I'm totally find with chopping up models to re-adjust, especially plastic ones... I tried a chop and re-adjust of an old metal bloodletter... that was interresting... but insane. Not something I will do again.  Thanks for the advice... I'm thinking about an easy to build primaris dread too.

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting an easy to build kit. I know that the posability is limited but I'm totally find with chopping up models to re-adjust, especially plastic ones... I tried a chop and re-adjust of an old metal bloodletter... that was interresting... but insane. Not something I will do again. Thanks for the advice... I'm thinking about an easy to build primaris dread too.

Yeah. I've had to pin metal models before (Sammael and Azrael for my Dark Angels, and Lich Lord Terminus for Warmahordes). Drilling into pewter is NOT fun at all.

And to be honest: the ETB Redemptor isn't worth it. It's a 40 USD kit, whereas the multipart is 65 (25/40 pounds for you Brits), and the extra money for the multipart is worth it. Because, imo, the ETB Redemptor's pose is bad. The multipart is pose-able, to an honestly amazing extent. Like, I've seen someone in a Dark Angels Facebook group model his in what's essentially a full-on run.

Now, back to the Deathwatch project:

I'm not sure on what to make the rest of the Kill Team, but I do know I'm going to have a Red Scorpions Apothecary. I'm not sure how to get the Narthecium from a normal marine onto a Primaris though, so that's going to be fun :lol: And I think he might be the only member of the Deathwatch Kill-Team to be wearing his helmet, because I like the look of the Apothecary Helmet on the Primaris Marine.

I do know I want to push myself and make a True-scale Terminator, and also a Dreadnought.

And I decided that the Kill-Team will be on the Sector Mechanicus Industrial bases.

Edited by Gederas

I was mainly thinking about getting the push fit primaris dreadnought kit for the sake of saving the money. I'll think about it, Im guessing you get all the weapon options with the more expensive kit too and I could magnetise them.

For your apothacary, is it the scale difference your worried about or just the splicing of the narthecium onto the Primaris arm? what about a termanator apothacary arm?

Really looking forward to see this Red Scorpion apothacary

I was mainly thinking about getting the push fit primaris dreadnought kit for the sake of saving the money. I'll think about it, Im guessing you get all the weapon options with the more expensive kit too and I could magnetise them.

For your apothacary, is it the scale difference your worried about or just the splicing of the narthecium onto the Primaris arm? what about a termanator apothacary arm?

Really looking forward to see this Red Scorpion apothacary

You don't even need to magnetize the right arm for the Redemptor. Like the normal Dread, it slots in pretty well without any need for magnets :lol:

As to the apothecary: It was the latter. I put the Ravenwing Apothecary AND the Sanguinary Priest's Narthecium next to a Primaris Marine's arm, the area the Narthecium attaches to fits the Primaris Marine's arm pretty well. And I don't have a spare Terminator Apothecary, as the only one I had was for my Deathwing.

But, I did some splicing on an Intercessors' arm and the Sanguinary Priest's Narthecium.

zZk3gCe.jpg

Greenstuff was needed because some of the connection points had some big gaps, sadly. Of course, it needs some smoothing out, but yeah. Now I've got a pointy Apothecary arm :D

Edited by Gederas

Very cool, well done. yeah once that smoothed out that will look great. it may be worth putting slightly more greenstuff than you need and then using some sandpaper or just scraping it with a knife edge to smooth it. Do you have all the parts planned for the rest of the model?

Very cool, well done. yeah once that smoothed out that will look great. it may be worth putting slightly more greenstuff than you need and then using some sandpaper or just scraping it with a knife edge to smooth it. Do you have all the parts planned for the rest of the model?

Yup. I picked up the Primaris Apothecary today. Only thing I need to get is a Red Scorpion shoulderpad, because I decided that all of the Marines will have embossed chapter badges on their shoulder, as opposed to transfers or freehand.

Also, speaking of the Apothecary (his right arm is just poster-tacked on)

qOaqOD4.jpg

a486m5v.jpg

949rZMC.jpg

And with the Dark Angel, who was updated (swapped bodies and backpack):

tH2LIrp.jpg

Edited by Gederas