Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Chaplain and blade guard head swaps look great!

Pose on the third blade guard on the right looks a bit off though; will he be posed with his foot on something? Otherwise angle just looks off to me with shield and sword arm and angle of legs. If his head was turned more towards facing his shield side might make a big difference...?

Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

You're really bringing out the flavour of the 1st from those guys, nice job! Are the knightly heads from Kromlech?

Thanks! And only the right head is Kromlech, the left and middle ones are from Spellcrow

Chaplain and blade guard head swaps look great!

Pose on the third blade guard on the right looks a bit off though; will he be posed with his foot on something? Otherwise angle just looks off to me with shield and sword arm and angle of legs. If his head was turned more towards facing his shield side might make a big difference...?

Thanks! And third as in the right one? I glued his head in the same angle the actual head is supposed to be. I could pop it off and do a head repose though. :yes:

Edit: And since the Bladeguard were bottom of the last page:

Zb1yZ9H.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Personally, I didn't mind the tucked-tabard look, but the hooded heads really complete the illusion that there's a full tabard under the chest plate and not just cloth hanging right below the pectorals.

Master:

YES! I love the headswap you did on the captain; it really gives the model the science-fantasy look that I think makes 40K awesome.

Thanks!

Personally, I didn't mind the tucked-tabard look, but the hooded heads really complete the illusion that there's a full tabard under the chest plate and not just cloth hanging right below the pectorals.

It does help, doesn't it?

In other news: First of the 10 Assault Intercessors are finished, barring Transfers and Company Markings (still need to figure that out):

9bKAdil.jpg

Edited by Gederas

• 2 weeks later...
Assault squad looks great in black! I was talking about the ‘right’ one. Although on second look it works on a way that he’s looking at his enemy after a sword swing. Moving the head to face his shield arm was just an idea, but once they are based it’ll probably just be the angle I’m noticing. Overall though really shaping up as some nice DA conversions!

Ooooh those are some nice minis. They make me want to start my Khornate conversions using them as a base. 

Suggestion re: the company markings: the kneepads?

Thanks! And Khornate conversions using Primaris Marines? You madlad :tongue.:

And yes, the kneepads. Dark Angels do company markings on the left knee. However, I decided these lads will be squads 7 and 8 [the Close Support squads] of the 5th Company (Same as most of my other Dark Angels "Greenwing", as that's Lazarus' company)

Assault squad looks great in black! I was talking about the ‘right’ one. Although on second look it works on a way that he’s looking at his enemy after a sword swing. Moving the head to face his shield arm was just an idea, but once they are based it’ll probably just be the angle I’m noticing. Overall though really shaping up as some nice DA conversions!

Thanks! And okay, that makes more sense. :yes:

Oh right, the Assault Intercessors being squads 7 AND 8? It's because I finished the other squad yesterday:

Z3R94pg.jpg

Edited by Gederas

They looks great. 

I have a suggestion; you did some fantastic edge highlighting on that sergeant's shoulder shield thingy. Why not do some highlighting in the corners of the green part of the shoulder pads too? It'll make them pop a little more. :tu:

They looks great. 

I have a suggestion; you did some fantastic edge highlighting on that sergeant's shoulder shield thingy. Why not do some highlighting in the corners of the green part of the shoulder pads too? It'll make them pop a little more. :thumbsup:

Thanks again!

And about the shoulder pads.... It's actually because it genuinely bugs me when people put highlights on the shoulder pads when there's no edges. :lol: The area the 'Eavy Metal team "highlights" on shoulder pads below the rim on the smooth area of the pad? That's where a shadow would naturally form, not a highlight.

If I had some other shoulder pads, like a Mark VI style one with no rim, then I'd do a highlight of the green on the pads.

Edited by Gederas

Cracking work on the Bladeguard, the blade and shield swaps really integrate them into the Chapter.

Thanks!

After far too long, and many iterations, I think I've figured out how my Master in Gravis Armour is going to look (head is placeholder):

9sDg5MF.jpg

Now I need to do the hard part.... Sculpting the robes to cover up the damage I did on his front :lol:

Doing the chapter proud Gederas! That indomitus captain swap is fantastic and the Gravis Master looks appropriately grizzled.

Agree with Yousef's comment about the blade guard head (3rd/ right) there's something awkward about it at the moment (unless it's just the angle). Turning it to face the shield would really help, (similar to the left) the alternative would be bring the shield arm forward but that might close the rest of the pose down. The head and weapon swaps work so well with these guys, they really compliment the DA aesthetic.

Doing the chapter proud Gederas! That indomitus captain swap is fantastic and the Gravis Master looks appropriately grizzled.

Agree with Yousef's comment about the blade guard head (3rd/ right) there's something awkward about it at the moment (unless it's just the angle). Turning it to face the shield would really help, (similar to the left) the alternative would be bring the shield arm forward but that might close the rest of the pose down. The head and weapon swaps work so well with these guys, they really compliment the DA aesthetic.

Thanks! And yeah, that model has been fixed, haven't taken a picture yet though.

In other news, a very nice amount of Resin just showed up today.

vJsbe7J.jpg

The Caestus is going to be fun to fix though....

T8jHvSN.jpg

Good luck with that caestus. Ouch!

It's not as bad as it looks. I've done some hairdryer use and that already got the bends out mostly. The more stubborn ones got some hot water.

The mold slips.... Those are going to be the "fun" things to fix....

Great work as usual! I am loving that badass Gravis Armour Captain! 

Thanks!

Those Assault Intercessors look great mate, as does the Master with the Shield - great choice of head with the hood :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Update on the Brick with Wings and Engines:

lrOFtVD.jpg

ti3DYpN.jpg

YRS71ux.jpg

It's much better than I first thought from the warped pieces, but the right troop Bay (first image's left) has a wonky fitting on it, which throws the entire thing off. Need to go at it with the dremel on the problematic fitting on the inside to fix it. Left side went together with no issue after I did some heating though, so that's good.

Hey! Just checked the previous page to see if I had missed something (BTW, kick-ass conversions! That Judiciar - ohmygawd), but... isn't the Caestus cast totally warped? That is indeed a lot to fix! Wish you the best of luck and patience!

Hey! Just checked the previous page to see if I had missed something (BTW, kick-ass conversions! That Judiciar - ohmygawd), but... isn't the Caestus cast totally warped? That is indeed a lot to fix! Wish you the best of luck and patience!

Just a tad warped. Heating (both with a hairdryer and the Keurig) fixed most of the major warping. Now I have to do more finagling to get the rest of it out. And thanks, I'll need it :lol: But I'm going to take it slow with this model. Gotta get everything right on it.

Proper labour of love when you get things from forge world, look forward to see this model finished! 

Yeah.... I'm looking forward to seeing this thing finished as well :lol:

Speaking of finished, I got the Eradicators done:

6Ppy3xP.jpg